The prestigious Russell Group has 24 UK universities and pioneers in research-intensive programmes, and Queen's is part of this renowned group. The world-class researchers of the University carry out internationally-leading research, and Queen's ranks at 8th position in the UK for its research intensity.
- Queen's University ranks at 216th position globally by QS World University rankings 2022.
- Queen's University has invested more than 350 million pounds in creating cutting-edge facilities (including McClay Library) and ranks 9th in the UK for university facilities (as indicated by Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey in 2018).
- You get a range of opportunities to either study or work abroad, which aids in broadening your horizons and getting an edge over others in the job market for graduates.
- Among cities in the UK, Belfast has the lowest cost of living (ranked by Mercer Cost of Living in 2021).
- Queen's has strong industry links and is known for its student employability. It appears in the top 140 universities globally for graduate prospects (as per QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020).
- Students will not have a shortage of extracurricular activities with 215 student-led clubs and societies on campus. Queen's has invested 20 million pounds in sports and is ranked #1 in sporting facilities in UK universities (International Student Barometer 2020/21).