MS - one of the most popular degrees in the world right now. Are you thinking about getting one too? If yes, then you’ve landed in the right place.
With multiple destinations to choose from, making the right pick can be challenging. But you don’t have to worry; we are here to help! Join us as we dive deep into analyzing the best study-abroad countries for Indian MS aspirants - weighing factors like rankings, programs, costs, visa policies, and more. Get insights on comparing the advantages of MS degrees across leading study hubs like the USA, Canada, Australia, and Europe.
Learn how to personalize your decision based on career goals, budget, and interests through tips from expert counselors. Explore the various tools offered by Yocket Premium to streamline your application process.
|Table of Contents
Which Country is the Best for MS?
When you study in a new country, you learn new life skills, adapt to a different culture, and grow as an individual. The Best country for Masters for Indian Students is a list that includes multiple countries like the USA, Canada, Germany, etc. where they can acquire transferable skill sets, specialist knowledge, earning potential, and job/internship opportunities.
However, which one is best for you to pursue a master’s depends on your course preference, budget, scores on tests like GMAT/GRE/IELTS/TOEFL, financial budget, selection, visa approval, etc. So compare the top universities on these factors and make a productive decision.
Further, let’s check the list of top countries to study MS in detail.
Did you know that Yocket has a 95% visa success rate? Yes, that’s right! Get your visa application right the first time with Yocket.
Top 5 Countries to Study MS for Indian students
The best countries for MS in Mechanical Engineering and other master's programs are as follows. You can check out the various features of these best countries to study MS and top universities, along with the programs offered, and select the suitable one.
1. United States (USA)
The USA has always been the best and favorite study-abroad destination for pursuing a master's (MS). Its colleges provide quality education, flexible curriculum, internships, a variety of education options, funding sources, etc.
Students who fall under the “STEM” i.e., Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, programs, get a 3-year OPT period to work and recover the expenses they have incurred during their studies within this period. As the return on investment is faster compared to any other country.
Approximate expenses in the USA: USD 36130 (INR 30,00,000) - USD 48173 (INR 40,00,000) (tuition and living expenses) for 2 years. Besides, a student’s starting salary is approx. USD 70,000 (INR 58,21,140) – USD 100,000 (INR 83,15,910).
Top Universities for MS in the USA:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Stanford University
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of California – Berkeley
Are you on your journey to study in the USA? Navigating through countless universities can be overwhelming, but fear not! Yocket's University Finder Tool is your compass to discovering the perfect academic destination tailored to your preferences. Say goodbye to information overload and hello to a personalized university search experience.
Top Courses Offered in the USA:
- Masters in Business Administration: MBA in the USA is one of the most popular courses pursued by international students. Harvard University, MA, and Stanford University, CA are considered to be the top universities that offer specializations in business administration.
- Engineering: Computer science, electronics, chemical, and civil & structural engineering are the most popular engineering courses being pursued in the USA. Currently, the top universities offering them are the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Stanford University.
In this video, you will learn about some of the best universities in the US for MS according to specific states!
2. United Kingdom (UK)
Master course duration in the UK is shorter than in other countries; it only takes 1 year as compared to other countries without compromising the quality of education. Students can specialize in their field right from the beginning.
Besides, the UK houses two of the world's most famous universities Oxford and Cambridge, as such degrees are recognized and respected the world over. The UK comes in 2nd position after the USA for the highest number of universities, and if you do your MS from the UK, then you will save your time and money spent on tuition fees as compared to the US.
However, looking at the current work scenario, many students currently do not opt for the UK as there are few opportunities for students to work in the country after their degrees are over. But if you're looking for a quality education, the UK is one of the countries that one can opt for.
Approximate expenses in the UK: GBP 20,781 (INR 22,00,000) - GBP 26,449 (INR 28,00,000) (tuition and living expenses) per year.
Struggling to compose a striking SOP on your own? Yocket Premium has you covered. Get access to SOP samples from admissions to top universities, along with 1:1 guidance from experts. We help you articulate your story powerfully and authentically, customized for your dream programs. Sign up now to ace every SOP!
Top Universities in the UK for MS:
Top Courses Offered in the UK:
- Masters in Business Administration: Currently being one of the most sought-after courses in the UK, MBA is the top choice for students pursuing their masters in the UK. At present, the best universities offering it are Oxford and Cambridge, which are recognized and respected the world over.
- Natural Sciences: Emerging as one of the top choices as far as pursuing a master's is concerned, natural science is gaining prominence amongst international students in the UK. Currently, the top universities offering it are Oxford and Cambridge.
Australia has always been one of the best countries for MS abroad, and it's been the magnet for thousands of ambitious students around the world. As per a recent study, 7 out of the 100 top universities in the world are in Australia due to the quality of education being provided and its vast variety of courses.
Australian degrees can be divided into professional development masters, professional masters, and traditional academic masters. Professional development master's degrees offer opportunities to specialize in a particular area. Like the UK, Australia also accepts 15 years of education, and only the IELTS/ PTE exams are required.
Students don’t need to take GREs. Besides, it pulls students who are interested in settling in Australia as Australian Permanent Residency (PR), which is the fastest compared to all countries across the world. A student who studies for a 2-year master’s degree in the country avails of a 2-year stay-back option of working, providing students with an opportunity to apply for PR and get hands-on experience in the international market.
Approx expenses in Australia: AUD 44,847 (INR 25,00,000) - AUD 62,786 (INR 35,00,000) (tuition and living expenses) for 2 years. A student’s starting salary would be approx AUD 70,000 (INR 39,01,090).
Struggling to shortlist colleges abroad that match your interests? Let Yocket College Finder fast-track your search! Answer a few questions and our AI-driven tool customizes recommendations of best-fit colleges just for you. With top matches by majors, budgets, rankings, and more - find your dream college in minutes!
Top Universities in Australia for MS
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Australian National University
- University of Sydney
Top Courses Offered in Australia:
- Masters in Business Administration: MBA is considered the top course for students wanting to pursue a Master's in Australia. An MBA is considered an umbrella course as it covers multiple domains, such as finance, marketing, etc. Currently, the top universities offering them are Melbourne Business School and the Australian Graduate School of Management.
- Engineering: Always being one of the favorite specializations amongst international students, masters in civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering have only gained prestige over the years. The top universities offering specializations in engineering in Australia are the University of Melbourne and the University of South Wales.
Canada offers affordable education. The living standards and MS in Canada courses are among the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students here are generally lower than in other countries, such as the USA, UK, and Australia.
Besides, the GRE is not mandatory but highly recommended for top universities. However, only the IELTS exams are required. Canadian education is divided into two groups: Graduate Certificates and Master’s Degrees. For graduate certificates, a student qualifies by holding a Bachelor’s Degree in the same field. These graduate certificates are offered by Canadian govt colleges and universities. They are also known to Indians as “PG Diplomas”. These courses offered by colleges are much cheaper, with the entry requirements being lower as compared to universities.
Ace the GRE with Yocket GRE Prep – a comprehensive solution featuring personalized study plans, practice tests, and expert materials. Unlike free options, Yocket provides a tailored approach, maximizing your performance and opening doors to your dream programs. Elevate your prep with Yocket GRE Prep today!
For a master’s degree, universities require 16 years of formal education, like in the USA. Students completing a 1-year program can avail of a 1-year stay-back option to work, whereas a 2-year program allows for a 3-year stay-back option.
Canada is in 2nd place in terms of providing Permanent Residency (PR) after Australia. It’s also known as a “backdoor entry into the US," as after a student gets their PR status, they can work in the USA.
Master the financial side of studying abroad with Yocket Finance! Gain insights into study and living costs and receive personalized strategies for a budget-friendly journey. Let Yocket Finance be your guide to a worry-free education abroad. Your dream education is financially within reach!
Approx. Rs. 16 lakhs (tuition and living expenses) per year. A student’s starting salary would be approximately CAD 70,000 (INR 43,47,800). Below are the top universities and master's programs in Canada for international students.
Top Universities in Canada for MS:
- The University of Toronto
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
Top Courses offered in Canada:
- Masters in Business Administration: Canada is currently the top choice of international students wanting to pursue their master's abroad due to the lower education costs and student benefits the country offers. MBA is the top choice of students pursuing a Master's there, with McGill University and the University of Toronto having the maximum intake.
- Dentistry: Being one of the oldest professions and safest courses pursued in Canada, Masters in Dentistry still continues to be a top choice for international students. Currently, the top universities offering specializations in dentistry are the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto.
- Engineering: One of the most common and sought-after courses in Canada that most international students opt for is engineering. Specializations in aerospace, mechanical, and electrical engineering have gained prominence over the years due to the vast career options it offers. At present, the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and the University of Waterloo are the top universities offering them.
Germany, in recent years, has become a major attraction for international students wanting to pursue their higher studies. Unlike other countries, Germany boasts a vast variety of courses to choose from and internationally recognized university degrees, which, coupled with a high employability ratio and affordable living standards, only add to its value.
At present, more than 400 institutions are offering higher education degrees, with more than 14,500 master's and bachelor's degrees to choose from. The average cost of living in Germany could be attributed to around €700 (INR 63,730) - €800 (INR 72,830), which includes rent, food, transport and insurance.
As per a recent consensus, more than 357,000 students are currently pursuing their masters in Germany, and the number is only increasing annually. International students wanting to work additionally to support themselves are permitted 90 full working days and 180 half working days and can earn around an average of €10 (INR 910) to €15 (INR 1,360) euros per hour.
Approximate expenses in Germany: EUR 10,989 (INR 10,00,000) (tuition fees + cost of living) per year. Studying in Germany gets you well acquainted with their local language (German), which is widely spoken internationally.
If you’re planning your foreign education but funds are an issue, count on Yocket Finance for expert guidance on education loans! With complete assistance from loan recommendations and documentation to disbursal, we hold your hand through each step. Our dedicated counselors ensure you secure funding to realize those global dreams!
Top universities in Germany for MS
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat München
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universitaet Heidelberg
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Top Courses offered in Germany:
- Engineering: At present, more than 71,000 international students are currently pursuing engineering courses in Germany. Specializations in mechanical, automotive, and electrical engineering are mostly opted for. Currently, the top universities offering them are the Technical University of Munich and the Technical University of Berlin.
- Masters in Business Administration: Business management is only second to engineering as far as pursuing a master's degree is concerned in Germany. At present, the top universities offering them are the University of Mannheim and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat München.
Choose the best from all the options available with the help of the study abroad experts at Yocket. Yocket Premium Counseling Services is aimed at helping you in your study abroad journey, right from choosing which country is best for MS to which courses you should consider to achieve your academic goals and reach your final destination. Book a free consultation call with Yocket counselors and learn how hassle-free your overseas education can be.
From the Desk of Yocket
In conclusion, the choice of the best country for pursuing MS abroad depends on various factors, such as course preferences, budget, and career goals. Each country, be it the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, or Germany, offers unique advantages in terms of education quality, work opportunities, and overall experience. Consider your individual needs and circumstances to make an informed decision about the destination that aligns with your aspirations. With diverse options and expert guidance, the path to a valuable and enriching MS abroad journey awaits.
Navigating the landscape of MS abroad? Yocket Premium is your compass for 2025! Explore the top 5 countries for maximum value in your master's journey. From expert insights to personalized counseling, Yocket Premium is your key to unlocking the best opportunities for MS abroad. Book your session now and make informed choices for a rewarding academic pursuit.