Computer Science is the study of theory, engineering, experimentation that form the basis for the design and effectiveness of computers. It involves the study of algorithms and their application in the real world. Computer Science can be defined as the study of automating algorithmic processes that scale. It is the scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications and the systematic study of the feasibility, structure, expression, and mechanization of the methodical procedures (or algorithms) that is the basis of the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to, information. The most important aspect of a Masters (MS) in Computer Science is problem-solving. Students study the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts.
This means the program curriculum can vary greatly between countries and universities, so it’s important to take a close look at the structure and scope before you apply. Here are some of the topics you can expect to cover:
- Computing fundamentals
- Programming languages
- Continuous mathematics
- Machine learning
- Computer architecture
- Artificial intelligence
- Software engineering
Computer Science students are required to contribute meaningfully on the field in either industry or research jobs. In either they must learn modern computing skills. Various subjects deal specifically with individual topics Some of the courses covered in a MS in Computer Science include:
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Compiler Design
- Database Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Software Engineering
- Paradigms of Programming
- Computer Networks
- Computer Architecture
MS in Computer Science courses offer various specializations.
Some of these are listed below:
- Big Data, Cloud Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networks
- Cyber-Physical Systems, Internet of Things
- Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Trust
- Embedded Systems, Real-Time Systems
- High-Performance Computing, Parallel/Distributed Computing
- Intelligent Systems, Machine Learning, Robotics
- Mobile Computing, Social Networks
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Computational Geometry
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics
Key skills for computer scientists :
- Excellent maths skills.
- Excellent computer and technology knowledge and skills.
- An ability to analyse problems and trace them to their core causes.
- A systematic approach to work and problem solving.
- A stickler for accuracy.
- A strong ability to anticipate and diagnose problems.
To be able to pursue a MS in CS program, candidates should possess the right set of skills to become successful in the future. The requirements for a Masters in Computer Science vary from university to university, some of the fundamental ones are listed below:
Most of the universities in the USA, Canada require you to give the GRE. Few universities from Germany require GRE scores. However, GRE is not required for admission to Australian universities.
IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring student visa and as a proof of English proficiency.
Aspirants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in the same specialization with a passing percentage in aggregate of the subjects studied at the degree level.
Masters Scholarships, Fellowships and grants in Computer sciences and Information Technology for international students to study abroad
- Postgraduate Taught EU Scholarships In UK 2021
- OSHC International Grants For Students In Australia 2021
- Sport Scholarships At MBS In UK 2021
- Master's Scholarships For UK/EU/International Students 2021
- Master's Scholarships For Vietnam Residents At UK 2021
- Master's Scholarships For US Residents At UK 2021
- Athletic Scholarships For International Students 2021
- Drama Scholarships For International Students 2021
- Need-Based Grants For International Students 2021
- Domestic Research Training Program Scholarships At Australia 2021
- Indigenous Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPSI) At Australia 2021
- AIMS@JCU Scholarships At Australia 2021
One of the most attractive aspects of a computer science degree is that the skills it will give you are in high demand. Every industry needs tech-savvy employees, so you’ll have plenty of career options with a computer science degree.
Here’s some of the most common computer science degree jobs:
- IT consultant
- Software developer
- Computer systems analyst
- Web developer
- Information security analyst
- Project manager
- Database administrator