- The excellent academic standards and global reputation guarantee a high-quality education.
- The University of Windsor campus is perfect for everyone and is only minutes from downtown Windsor and downtown Detroit.
- The University of Windsor strives to provide a lively and inviting campus environment and has more than 100 student clubs and organizations.
- Internships, volunteering opportunities, on-campus jobs, and off-campus occupations are all offered to interested students.
- The University of Windsor’s cost of living offers affordable living expenses and tuition costs for students.
University of Windsor
University of Windsor
Established in 1963
Established in 1963
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 2330+ similar aspirants!
The University of Windsor was founded in 1857 and is a public research university in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. With more than sixteen thousand students enrolled in a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including several professional schools like Law, Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, Human Kinetics, and Social Work, the University of Windsor is a comprehensive institution that prioritizes its students. Over one hundred and twenty majors, minors, and fifty-five master's and doctoral degree programs are available at the University of Windsor, which has nine faculties.
The University of Windsor address of main campus is 401 Sunset Avenue Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4 and the downcampus is located in167 Ferry Street Windsor, Ontario N9A 0C5.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Windsor
Cost of Studying at University of Windsor
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The University of Windsor
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The University of Windsor
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
CA$75 - CA$125
How to Apply at University of Windsor
- The first step is to create an account on the official site and log in through it
- The next step is to complete the initial online application by the interested candidate
- After filling out the application form the candidates are required to pay a University of Windsor fees
- The last step is to click the "submit application" bar
- Pay the University of Windsor application fees
- Once the account is created and the application is submitted the candidates can upload the required documents.
Documents Required to Apply to University of Windsor
The students are required to submit the following supporting documents for admission to the University of Windsor-
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English language test score
- Portfolio (if applicable)
- Writing samples, personal profiles, resumes, letters of intent etc
- Letter of recommendation.
Exams Accepted By the University
The University of Windsor demands grades in Grades 10, 11, and 12 from prospective undergraduate students. A 3.0 GPA or above is required for admission, the university also encourages the submission of SAT and ACT scores by the students.
Name of the exam
Minimum score required
No minimum requirement
As per course requirements
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
4 days ago
6 days ago
7 days ago
13 days ago
I am planning for Masters in Computer Science (non-theisis) or Masters in Applied Computing, in "Canada". Could you please suggest is it a good time to apply? or is it late and I s... Show more
Transportation in the city
Windsor's citizens rely heavily on public transportation to get out of town. Transit Windsor provides bus service to the University of Windsor on weekdays from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. Transit Windsor has four bus routes that take passengers to the University of Windsor.
Services offered by the university
The University of Windsor offers its students multiple services to help them achieve great academic results; these services include-
- Academic advising and counseling
- Health and wellness services
- Career development services
- Housing services
- Well-equipped laboratories and libraries
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Social and cultural support
- Campus bookstore
There are approximately 200 clubs and organizations available for students to join at the University of Windsor, so there is something for everyone. Students have many possibilities to participate in various student clubs and events and make new acquaintances. There are many eateries in Windsor, a diverse and ethnic town where students can spend their free time. The university offers varsity sports, intramurals, a free gym, yoga, other fitness activities, and a riverfront route for students to jog and bike on.
On campus accomodation
Residential halls are available for students at the University of Windsor, and they are all conveniently positioned on campus near dining establishments, entertainment areas, and the Leddy Library, the Registrars' Office, the Campus Bookstore, the CAW Student Center, and nearby banks.
Bedrooms come supplied, so the students won't need to buy things like a bed, desk, desk chairs, or lamp. Beyond the necessities, there is a common area, room, dining hall, library, and bookstore. Students can take a virtual tour the residence hall on the university's website.
University Faculty:Student Ratio26:1
University Faculty Stats
The university's student-to-faculty ratio is 26:1. The faculty is divided into nine departments or divisions. The divisions are -
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Human Kinetics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing
- Odette School of Business
- Faculty of Science
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
The University of Windsor supports students who want to pursue research initiatives. Research projects for undergraduate students are permitted. The university organizes 59-410 Honors Projects, Summer Research programs, and Work study programs for its students. Students with GPAs of more than 80% are encouraged to participate in the Undergraduate Summer Research Awards (USRA) organized by the university.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The University of Windsor provides students with a number of internship programs that provide them the chance to get experience in a range of industries. Many courses on campus, including Business, Human Kinetics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, and Chemistry/Biochemistry, provide co-op and internship options.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
A job placement program for graduates of the undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is being developed by the University of Windsor in collaboration with Invest WindsorEssex and supported by the Canadian Career Apprenticeship Initiative. The placement rate of the University is 74.5%, which is an average of all the programs available.
1. What is the acceptance rate at the University of Windsor?
The University of Windsor acceptance rate is 60%.
2. Does the university provide scholarships and financial aid to its students?
Yes, the University of Windsor provides over $10,000,000 in scholarships, financial aid, and awards to students annually.
3. What minimum GPA is required to apply at the University of Windsor?
The minimum GPA required to apply at the university is 3.0.
4. Does the institution provide housing facilities to its students?
Yes, the University of Windsor has residential halls for its students.
5. Is it compulsory to provide English proficiency test scores for admission to the university?
Yes, it is compulsory for non-native speakers of English to provide English proficiency test scores for admission to the University of Windsor.