- The University offers various Research Opportunities: The University is Chicago's only public research university federally sponsored.
- The University has nearly 35,000 students across various countries, so you will find enough diversity in the student bodies.
- The Placement Opportunities that UIC offers are remarkable as it has 100% placement records of the graduates.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago campus is vast with individual indoor and outdoor sports spaces, making it an ideal place for sports students too.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago's acceptance rate is 72.9%.
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Illinois at Chicago
Illinois, United States
Established in 1965
Established in 1965
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 9480+ similar aspirants!
Founded in 1867, The University of Illinois at Chicago is one of the top research universities. This is also one of the largest universities having more than 30,000 enrolments, where more than 20% of enrolments are from India. UIC offers more than 200 courses in different fields, including 90 bachelor's programs, 100 postgraduate programs, nearly 60doctoral programs, and 70 certificate programs. UIC campus is spread among 16 colleges and schools.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Illinois at Chicago
Cost of Studying at University of Illinois at Chicago
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Illinois at Chicago
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
The University of Illinois is considered one of the best universities in the United States. Some well-known rating agencies have awarded University of Illinois Chicago rankings, which are listed below:
- As per the QS World University Rankings 2023, the University of Illinois Chicago ranking is #317 among the other 1,500 global institutions. Further, these universities are from Europe, Asia, and North America. These rankings are based on criteria like academic reputation, international student enrollment, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, international research network, international faculty ratio, etc.
- As per the US News Best Global Universities, the University of Illinois Chicago ranking is #250 among the other 2000 global universities. These universities from the US and more than 90 other countries have been ranked based on 13 indicators like academic research performance, global and regional reputations, etc. Students can use these rankings to explore higher education options beyond their countries' borders and compare key aspects of schools' research missions.
- As per the QS World University Ranking by Subject, the University of Illinois Chicago is ranked #283.
- The University of Illinois Chicago QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022 is between 161-170. This ranking demonstrates the university’s ability to produce graduates with the 'soft skills’ required for the modern workplace.
- Based on the QS World University Rankings US, the University of Illinois Chicago world ranking is #36 in 2021.
- As per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the University of Illinois Chicago ranking is #251-300 among the other 1,799 global universities. This ranking is done under 104 regions and countries. Further, this University of Illinois University ranking is based on four main areas—Teaching, Research, Knowledge Transfer, and International Outlook.
- As per the Wall Street Journal/ Times Higher Education College Rankings 2022, the University of Illinois at Chicago ranking is #91 among the other 800 universities. These rankings are based on 15 performance indicators created to answer a few common questions: How likely am I to graduate, pay off my loans and get a good job? Does the college have plenty of resources to teach me properly? Etc.
Admissions at The University of Illinois at Chicago
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$60 - $160
Get application fee waiver or a $100 grant upon enrollment in this university
Apply With Yocket
How to Apply at University of Illinois at Chicago
The application process for admission in a few easy steps:
- The candidates can apply through the online portal on the official website.
- They must submit the completed application and an application fee of 160 USD (12357 INR).
- The selected candidates then receive a personal email about the status of their application.
Documents Required to Apply to University of Illinois at Chicago
- Writing sample
- SOP for the USA
- LOR for the USA
- Biographical sketch
- Pay the University of Illinois at Chicago's application fees
A competitive GPA, standardized exam scores, and references play a vital role in the decision process. Applicants who wish to study at ASU must ensure they fulfill basic eligibility.
- Secondary School Certificate.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- A 3-year diploma which is completed after Secondary Education
Exams Accepted By the University
For Graduate and Licensure
· GMAT score (650+)
· GRE score (620+)
· CFA level 1(qualified).
GPA scores of 3.5/4~90% recommended
Candidates whose instruction language was not English in their undergraduate
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
2 days ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
10 days ago
24 days ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The following transit lines have routes that pass near the University of Illinois
- Bus: 87
- Train: ME
- Chicago 'L': RED LINE
Bus stations near the University of Illinois in Chicago
87th Street & Greenwood (West) is 3 min walk and Cottage Grove & 88th Street (South) is 6 min walk
Services offered by the university
The University of Illinois provides many services to ensure the students live comfortably on campus. Some of the services that this university offers are -
- Accessibility Services
- We support UIC faculty in teaching, research, and publishing efforts with our rich collections and many e-resources.
- Visitor Services
- Course Reserves.
- Digital Scholarship
- Request library instruction
- Research Help
- Request items and Interlibrary Loan.
With one of the most varied student populaces, the University of Illinois Chicago has offered a lively environment for its students and nurtured a sense of belonging. The University of Illinois at Chicago's fees is around $35,000. The University of Illinois at Chicago's address of campus is located in a busy city, and there's no lack of research opportunities right here on campus. The University of Illinois at Chicago's cost of living is around $15,000 including other expenses. The University also ensures students get involved in various extra-curricular activities and embrace the rich campus life by enrolling in a variety of student groups and attending fun events.
On campus accomodation
The residential college community offers students various University of Illinois at Chicago's campus accommodation facilities and housing options. The students of UIC live in fully-furnished rooms on-campus. On-campus UIC accommodation cost is a little bit expensive, around 14,000 USD (11,04,355 INR) annually; however, this is worth the luxurious experience these housing options offer.
University Faculty:Student Ratio18:1
University Faculty Stats
The student-faculty ratio at UIC is one faculty member to every 18 students.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
UIC is one of the leading public research universities offering students various research opportunities. Here real-world problems are solved through innovation and unearthing. Research at the University is polishing the educational procedure, emerging more sustainable energy, helping to make innovative computer-generated data, and driving economic development by moving research to practical application. The research students here are also involved in creating new medical diagnostic techniques for turning carbon dioxide into fuel. You will find opportunities to pursue the research in-depth with researchers in the discovery of the humanities, social sciences, natural and medical sciences, and engineering.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
UIC provides numerous Career resources to the students. Students can roll on the Handshake platform of the college to get noticed by employers and connect with them. Some of the top recruiters of UIC graduates include Companies like Accenture, Adobe, IBM, Pepsi, Lenovo, Deloitte, Wendy's, and many more. The University of Illinois at Chicago MBA graduates recorded a mean base salary of 91,500 USD (73.18 INR) per annum.
1. What is the minimum GPA requirement at UIC?
A GPA score of a minimum of 2.75/4 (82-83%) is required for successful admission at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
2. What is the average tuition fee for an undergraduate student at UIC?
Overall average tuition fee for an undergraduate student at the University of Illinois at Chicago is 34,000 USD (26,23,423 INR).
3. Is the University of Illinois at Chicago hard to get into?
The University has an acceptance rate of 73%, which shows a light competitive admission procedure.
4. Does the University of Illinois at Chicago require SAT or ACT scores?
No. SAT or ACT score is not mandatory for the University of Illinois at Chicago admission.
5. Is there a parking lot on the campus?
Yes, there is ample space to park your vehicles