- Numerous international students attend the institution, where they have the chance to develop their lives through exchange and internship possibilities.
- The largest public university in Japan, Osaka Metropolitan University, was created in April 2022 when OPU and Osaka City University (OCU) merged.
- OPU's campus is one of the biggest in Japan and has a lovely, tranquil environment.
- Osaka Prefecture University scholarships are also available for deserving students through aid and grants.
Osaka Prefecture University
Osaka Prefecture University
Ôsaka , Japan
Established in 1883
Established in 1883
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
One of Japan's biggest public universities is Osaka Prefecture University (OPU). It was founded in the year 1883. OPU has three campuses, the primary one of which is in Sakai, Osaka. Additionally, it contains seven graduate schools and four colleges for undergraduate students.
The Osaka Prefecture University Courses are offered in various fields such as engineering, life and environmental sciences, science, economics, humanities and social sciences, and nursing.
Top Reasons to Study in the Osaka Prefecture University
Cost of Studying at Osaka Prefecture University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Osaka Prefecture University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Osaka Prefecture University
How to Apply at Osaka Prefecture University
Osaka Prefecture University International students can submit an online application form via the university’s common applications.
To get started with the Osaka Prefecture University admission process, Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's common applications and create an account
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enrol in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
Note: The Osaka Prefecture University application fee is not applicable.
Documents Required to Apply to Osaka Prefecture University
- Complete application form
- Academic Credentials
- Letter of Recommendation
- Medical Certificate
- Financial Proof
- Copy of Valid Passport
Exams Accepted By the University
Osaka Prefecture University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should review the course requirements before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Requirement
350 or Above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Chemical Petroleum
Masters in Mathematical Sciences
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Toyonaka, Suita, and Minoh campuses are connected by the Inter-Campus Shuttle Bus Service, a free shuttle service. Every 15 minutes, Osaka Metro runs a subway from Osaka Prefecture University to Osaka. Using a taxi or an automobile is another option to reach the campus.
Osaka's main campus is located among the large Kofun tombs.
Services offered by the university
The Osaka Prefecture University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favourable to learning.
- The campus has excellent facilities, including large study centers, several multimedia centers, modern lecture halls, high-tech laboratories, IT facilities, and ample social areas.
- Common amenities like computer access, study rooms, and a complete library, are available on the campus.
- On-campus, students have access to all the facilities they need.
- Students participate in fundamental research, group discussions, presentations, tours of private clinics and the CU university hospital, and community health initiatives.
- Students can participate in various cultural activities at Osaka Prefecture University. Depending on their interests, they can also join various student organizations.
On campus accomodation
On-Campus Accommodation Availability:
The university offers on-campus residence options for students from other countries.
On-Campus Accommodation Description:
- An annual residency limit applies to residents of International House. If rooms are still available, the residence extension is permissible for up to another year.
- 80 private rooms (single rooms) are available with 20 units. Each of these units consists of four same-gender private rooms for students.
University Faculty:Student Ratio11.8
University Faculty Stats
The total number of faculty members at the university is 755. The student-to-faculty ratio at the Osaka Prefecture University is 10:1. Professors at the institution are skilled and informed experts who collaborate with students to help them achieve their goals.
Research opportunities at university
Osaka Prefecture University created the "Study Center for the 21st Century" to encourage multidisciplinary, cross-disciplinary research among many departments and scientific subjects.
RC-21, which consists of two different types of research labs with a structured yet adaptable framework, not only conducted creative research as a part of a top institution but also gives back to the area's community and government by serving as a think tank and revitalising public service.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The Osaka Prefecture University assists students in locating internships and in developing career plans based on their knowledge and skills. For international students studying in natural sciences and associated disciplines of science, Osaka University offers a one-week online summer research internship as well as an intensive research internship.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
After graduation, Osaka Prefecture University students are placed at various reputed organizations and receive good salary packages.
1-1 Gakuen-cho, Naka-ku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan