The York University Automatic Entrance Scholarship - International is granted to international secondary school students who are applying to a direct-entry undergraduate program and are in the process of completing their secondary school diploma. Normally, students must be completing their studies at a Canadian secondary school offering (within or outside Canada).
- Must have a 9-digit York reference number, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying for admission to York.
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2021
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation.
Identified scholars from select high schools around the world will be considered for these awards at the discretion of York.
- 95% and higher = $4000
- 90 - 94.9% = $2500
- 85% - 89.9% = $1500
- 80% - 84.9% = $1000.
How to Apply:
- Students will be automatically considered as part of the application process.
- Recipients at 95%+, must maintain a minimum 8.00 sessional grade point average and enrol in a minimum of 24 credits each year taken during the entire academic year (previous summer and fall/winter sessions) to be eligible for renewal.
- All credits completed during the applicable period will be used in the calculation of the gpa for renewal. Recipients at 95%+ who are students with disabilities may renew this scholarship by maintaining a min 8.00 GPA over a minimum 40% course load (6 credits per term).
- Students must self-identify and show proof of disability at the first time of renewal. Once lost, this scholarship cannot be regained.