Business Analytics combines the fields of Management, Business and Computer Science. The business aspect entails both a high-level understanding of the business as well as the practical limitations that exist. The analytical part involves understanding data, studying statistics and computational methods. This combination of fields allows analysts to bridge the gap between management and technology. The idea is to assess past business decisions and strategies to make the current and future strategies more efficient to drive the business performance.
Are you inquisitive? Well, who isn't. Are you detail-oriented? And comfortable with numbers and figures to boot? If perhaps you've been chanting, 'yes, yes yes!'' All this time, then a career in Business Analytics might just suit you. Bachelors in Business Analytics teaches you programming, widely used statistical and machine learning techniques, and data visualisation. You will learn how to use these skills to create value in areas of business like marketing, finance, and operations. This is a major you would not regret completing when you will start getting offers from industry leaders like IBM, Accenture, etc. There's a huge market for students of Business Analytics because there's a lot of data around which needs to be, well, analysed. And it pays really well. So if your passion lies in arranging and interpreting a carload of numbers on a regular basis, give this a shot.
The following is the list of core courses to be studied during the Bachelors in Business Analytics:
- Business law
- Operations management
- Accounting and financial concepts
- Marketing and advertising
- Business Intelligence
- Regression Modeling for Analytics
- Business Communications
Following are the subjects required for Bachelor’s in Business Analytics:
Specialization of Business Analytics :
- Data Aggregation. Data is collected to one single, central location from where sorting can begin.
- Data Mining.
- Association & Sequence Identification.
- Text Mining.
- Predictive Analytics.
- Data Visualisation.
Core business analytics skills :
- A good communicator.
- A problem solver.
- A critical thinker.
- A visualizer.
- Both detail-oriented and a big picture thinker.
- Statistical languages.
Business Analytics scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Following are the potential job roles available after a Bachelor’s in Business Analytics:
- Data Scientist
- Data Business Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Product Manager
- Technology Analyst