Apply To Scholarship
The International Education Fee Scholarship
University of Texas at Austin
April 1, 2021
The International Education Fee (IEF) Scholarship was initially established in 1989 by a student referendum. The IEF Scholarship supports scholarships for both incoming international students and outbound students studying abroad. This specific scholarship application will benefit first-time incoming undergraduate UT international students and covers tuition and required fees on your tuition and fee bill for up to 4 years.
The following documents are required for your application to be considered complete:
- Personal Statement: Provide a typed statement (maximum 3 pages) that addresses all of the following topics:
- What challenges have you experienced in accessing education in your country and how did you overcome these challenges?
- How do you plan on positively impacting your home community as a result of completing a degree at UT Austin?
- What contributions will you make to the university as a UT Austin student?
- Discuss your financial need. If you are not awarded this scholarship, how will you fund your education at UT Austin?
- Letters of Recommendation: You must provide at least 2 letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation must be in English.
- Special documentation (if applicable): Submit any special documentation you feel necessary to support your personal statement.
How To Apply:
The application for the 20120-2021 International Education Fee Scholarship will be available March 1, 2021. The deadline for application is April 1, 2021 by 5 pm.