Nanyang Technological University
The School Scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing full-time undergraduate programmes in NTU.
The Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- No bond is attached to the Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship will cover the years of study* at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Good co-curricular records.
- Good leadership qualities and potential.
* For the Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, the scholarship will cover only the first three years of study in NTU.
How To Apply:
The same application period for admissions applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for scholarship.
Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number before the application closing date for that qualification. The scholarship application period is the same as the admission application period. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
After completing your application form, applicants are required to submit the following:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place between March to May.
- Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be informed via e-mail by late May.
Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any e-mail communication.