Michael Wong Pakshong Bursary
Dr Michael Wong Pakshong graduated from the University of Bristol with a BA in Economics and Accounting in 1957. He was the first Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore and achieved a distinguished career in finance, business and public service.
He remained an active supporter of Bristol throughout his life and wished to support other students to have the opportunities he was afforded. His family is delighted to honour his memory with the Michael Wong Pakshong Bursary.
- 1 x £3,000 bursary.
- The award can only be used as a bursary towards the cost of living.
- We will use the same application process as for the Think Big Postgraduate Scholarships so the same Frequently Asked Questions apply.
- If you apply for the Michael Wong Pakshong Bursary, you will also automatically be considered for the Think Big Postgraduate Scholarship. You do not need to submit two separate applications.
You can apply for a Michael Wong Pakshong Bursary if you:
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- have applied to start a postgraduate taught programme in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law at the University of Bristol in September 2020.
How To Apply:
There are two applications rounds for this scholarship:
- Round One Deadline: 11:59pm (GMT) Sunday 29 March 2020. Successful applicants will be informed via email by 24 April 2020.
- Round Two Deadline: 11:59pm (BST) Sunday 14 June 2020. Successful applicants will be informed via email by 10 July 2020.
Please Note: You will automatically be considered for Rounds 1 and 2, so there is no need to submit your application again if you are not made an offer in Round 1.