The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- a strong leader with demonstrated leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June.
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January prior to the start of studies at U of T in another post-secondary institution cannot be considered, see pearson.utoronto.ca for full details)
- nominated by their current secondary school through our online nomination process
How to Apply:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage starting here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in September and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we've received a nomination and you've applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2021