International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction
York University, Toronto
Scholarships and awards for international students are limited and you should be prepared to support yourself throughout your studies at York. Three (3) of these scholarships are awarded per year, valued at $35,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $140,000 over four years.
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2020
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
How To Apply:
To be considered for the scholarships and awards below, you must submit the International Student Scholarship & Award Application. These scholarships and awards are for applicants with an exceptional academic profile, and who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport. Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for York entrance awards and scholarships.
Note: Scholarship values are subject to change.
The Fall/Winter 2020-2021 application will open on December 13, 2019.
The application deadline is February 1, 2020.
Full details will be available in the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form when it opens in mid-December.