- This university offers a transformational learning experience to students to aid them to grow as scholars and professionals.
- There are over 50 fully and hybrid online programs available so that students can choose their learning mode at their convenience.
- Other than that, this is the place for the students willing to pursue research. The university offers multiple research opportunities and ensures students get good assistance from the faculty members to pursue their research.
- This University is a budget-friendly choice for international students to study in the USA.
- The university offers amazing placement opportunities to the students.
George Mason University
Virginia, United States
Established in 1949
Established in 1949
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 3620+ similar aspirants!
Apply with Yocket @ ₹999
Access Yocket’s finest partner universities and enrol for our stellar courses with a one-stop process for application submission.
Ranked among top universities, George Mason University is Virginia’s public research university founded in the year 1972. Since its foundation, the university has been the best in providing world-level education across the world. George Mason University offers courses in UG and PG programs, considering B.Tech., B.Sc., BBA, MBA, MIM, etc. Under these courses, students get top-notch academic learnings in over 20 specializations. The university has been recognized among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity". A couple of George Mason university lecturers have won the Nobel Prize in Economics: James M. Buchanan in 1986 and Vernon L. Smith in 2002. The university has four campuses in the United States. Each of these university campuses has included highly qualified faculty members and amazing academic support material to deliver the best education.
Top Reasons to Study in the George Mason University
Cost of Studying at George Mason University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The George Mason University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
- #71 in Best Undergraduate Teaching by U.S. News and World Report, 2022
- #137 in Best Value Schools by U.S. News and World Report, 2022
- #18 in Most Innovative Schools by U.S. News and World Report, 2022
- #67 in Top Public Schools by U.S. News and World Report, 2022
Admissions at The George Mason University
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$75 - $80
How to Apply at George Mason University
You will find direct links to apply online at the official website.
Application Fee: 80 USD (6,335 INR)
Documents Required to Apply to George Mason University
- A transfer verification form for students transferring from a school in the United States
- Proof of English Proficiency:
- A completed admission application
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading University
- Copy of Passport
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Professional Resume
Basic Academic Requirements:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- Standardized test scores
- Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Requirements
- Letter of Recommendation
Exams Accepted By the University
For First-year students
Entrance Exam scores
For graduates and Licensure
For Business and Security Mgmt. applicants'
GRE* or GMAT scores are required
for Master and Doctor of Philosophy applicants
For International applicants
IELTS: 6.5 & Above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
The Secret Formula to getting an admit here?
We know it! That’s why - Every 2 out of 3 Premium Yocketers have been successful!
Data Analytics Engineering
Data Analytics Engineering
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Some notable George Mason alumni are as follows:
- Anousheh Ansari: American-Iranian engineer
- Dayton Moore: American baseball manager
- Hala Gorani: American journalist
- Rhea Seehorn: American actress
- Archie Kao: American actor.
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
7 days ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The following transit lines have routes that pass near George Mason University
Bus: 29K, 306, GOLD 1, GOLD 2, GREEN 1
Bus stations near George Mason University
University Dr at Occoquan
1 min walk
University Dr + George Mason Blvd
2 min walk
University Dr And George Mason Blvd
4 min walk
Services offered by the university
In addition to amazing library services, career counselling and luxurious residence halls, the university also offers below mentioned services to the students.
- Academic Advising.
- Continuing and Professional Education.
- Green Leaf Programs and Courses.
- Living Communities.
- Mason Impact.
- Military Services.
- Reserve Officer's Training Corps (ROTC)
- Student Health Services.
To offer students an amazing experience at Mason—from the day they enter until the day they graduate and beyond, the university offers various assistance. From incredibly delicious food, luxurious sleep, studying, joining a club, taking the shuttle to D.C. or catching a Patriots basketball game, this university has covered all.
On campus accomodation
More than 70 per cent of students at this university live in on-campus residence halls. The university offers the choice to choose a room in George Mason’s residence hall. Double, triple, quad, six persons (apartment only), and singles.
Students living on-campus get access to various activities considering, including pool, foosball, video games, air hockey and board games at The Corner Pocket. The residence halls are in various formats considering, including apartment, condo, cottage, dorm-style, duplex, efficiency, house, loft, room, studio, suite the townhouse, so that students can choose depending on their convenience.
Pricing for the on-campus residence is about 10,100 USD (7, 99,869 INR) per semester.
University Faculty Stats
George Mason has a student-faculty ratio of 17:1.
University Faculty:Student Ratio18:1
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
The students of George Mason University get various opportunities to explore internship opportunities, cooperative work experience, and research training options. The university’s research centres encourage students to pursue research in their respective fields.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The university is dedicated to preparing students for meaningful careers and believes internships are important opportunities to experience the real business world. Thus, it offers various internships to help students gain skills through the application of classroom theories to practical problems. These internships also increase their job prospects and earning potential and the students are encouraged to complete at least one internship before graduation.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The university offers amazing placement and career opportunities to its students. Handshake is a medium used at Mason to help students grab jobs. The university also offers various Other career resources like book lists, CareerShift, interviews, LinkedIn, career-oriented webinars and more. The stats say, 80% of the university’s intended graduates get a lucrative job within 6 months from graduation with the average starting salary of alumni from George Mason University is 56,200 USD (4450759 INR).
Top recruiters of the university are Microsoft, Amazon, Deloitte, Accenture, IBM and more.
1. Does George Mason University offer financial aid to the students?
Yes, the students get an average aid of 22,145 USD in total.
2. What is the acceptance rate at George Mason University?
89.2% is the acceptance rate of George Mason University.
3. What are the approximate tuition fees at George Mason University?
The tuition of George Mason University is about 37,410 USD (29, 62,684 INR).
4. It is compulsory for George Mason University students to live on-campus?
No, it is not at all compulsory and depends entirely on the students will.
5. How much GRE score is required for George Mason University?
To get enrolled in George Mason University students needs to complete GRE Verbal with a minimum score of 155.