Date: July 2017
Counter No: 24
Visa Interview Experience:
VO was an American man around 45 years, very polite.
VO: Hi sir. Good morning. Come forward please.
ME: Hi sir. Good morning. Passed my passport, I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt.
VO: (Looks at i20) Carnegie Mellon?
VO: Who is funding?
VO: What do they do?
Me: Told about parents income.
VO: Any loans?
VO: Congratulations, your visa is approved! Have a good day!
Me: Thank You Sir! Have a nice day!
I hope everyone who is attending the visa interviews in the coming days has a smooth experience!
As a few people wanted my profile:
- GRE 310, AWA 4.5
- TOEFL: 106
- UG: 78.38% from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum
- UG College: Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSCE), Bangalore
- Work Experience: 1 year at Dell R&D, Bangalore
- Internship: Research Intern at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
- Google Student Ambassador.
- HackerEarth Student Ambassador.
- Coordinator at Computer Science & Engineering Department at DSCE.
Note: Content in this article is taken from a public forum moderated by Yocket. Personal details which may reveal the identity have been removed in order to maintain annonimity.