The Business Analytics and Information Systems program at the University of South Florida Business Analytics ranking suggests clearly that it is among the most popular courses for students from India interested in joining a business course – and for a good reason! According to a survey conducted by the college, “100% of the students in the MS BAIS program who responded to our recent placement surveys (summer 14 through August 2017) reported being employed within three months after graduation.” In a typically transparent declaration, the college clarified that usually “…about 75% of our graduates have responded to our surveys”.
Results of our survey
- Starting salaries have been in the $65,000 – $130,000 range, varying considerably with location, as well as the technical competence and work experience of the graduate. The average starting salary offer was approximately $80,000. This amount does not include benefits such as sign up bonus, healthcare, and retirement
- The technically vibrant Tampa-Orlando-Miami region with a warm tropical climate (similar to South Asia), is attractive to many graduates, and over 50% of graduates report starting careers locally in the area
- Recent graduates reported being placed at leading global organizations including
- IBM, Deloitte, Apple, Microsoft, Disney, PayPal, Goldman Sachs, Booz & Company, Capgemini, Tech Data, Infosys, JP Morgan Chase, SAS Institute, Capital One, Rockwell Collins, Raymond James, Jabil, L’Oreal USA, Badcock Corporation, CITI and others.
- A student from Sri Lanka (University of Moratuwa) admitted into the MS BAIS course in 2016, got an internship at Tesla and has transitioned that internship to employment through OPT
- A 2017 graduate started at Capital One Bank as a Data Analytics Engineer with a starting salary of $130,000.
- In 2016, one Muma graduate rejected a job offer from Google with a starting salary of $140,000
- Some initial job titles of recent USF graduates include –
- Associate Consultant
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Big Data Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Engineer
- Business Intelligence Lead
- Cloud Platform Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Architect
- Data Assurance
- Data Scientist
- Data Security Analyst
- Decision Support Analyst
- Director of IT
- Director, Strategy and Analytics
- Enterprise Architect
How does the university help students grow?
The Muma College prepares graduates for careers in developing technology solutions to solve business problems. In recent years, many USF alumni have started careers as data analysts and data scientists, and also as solution developers at various leading organizations across the United States. “This is the result of the students’ own hard work as well as the department’s efforts to help place its alumni, both domestic and international,” says a senior faculty member. “The department has its own dedicated student success specialist who works with students to prepare them for the job search process and collaborates with organizations around the Tampa Bay area as well as nationwide to facilitate job and internship placement for our students.”
The program’s alumni also reach out with internship and full-time opportunities at their organizations. Job fairs, information and interview sessions are offered through the USF Career Center and the Muma College of Business' Office of Employer Relations.