- Liverpool John Moores University is a permanent member of the University Alliance, the Northern Consortium, and the European University Association.
- Liverpool John Moores University was ranked 72 out of 100 in the new 2013 Times Higher Education 100 under 50. The goal of the list is to highlight the global academy's rising stars under the age of 50.
- With 250 degree programs, the university is one of the country's most vibrant and forward-thinking higher education institutions.
- Liverpool John Moores University Scholarships provide students with discounts and partial waivers on their tuition fees, easing their financial load.
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Established in 1992
Established in 1992
Liverpool John Moores University, also widely known as LJMU, is an open research university. The Liverpool Mechanics School of Arts was founded in 1823, and it has a long history. Later, the school was renamed Liverpool Polytechnic. John Moores was given university status in 1992 and became Liverpool John Moores University. The Northern Consortium, University Alliance, and European University Association are all formal partners of the university. The institution has three campuses: City Campus, I M Marsh Campus, and Mount Pleasant Campus, all of which are located in Liverpool, England.
Liverpool John Moores University courses include full-time, part-time, and remote learning programs in 27 subjects at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Apprenticeships are also available for qualified students. With approximately 22,400 students enrolled, including over 18,300 undergraduates and over 4,000 postgraduates, it is the 35th biggest university in the country in terms of the overall student population. It also has a vibrant community of over 23,000 students from over 100 countries.
Top Reasons to Study in the Liverpool John Moores University
Cost of Studying at Liverpool John Moores University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Liverpool John Moores University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Liverpool John Moores University
£22 - £25
How to Apply at Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool John Moores University International students can submit their applications via UCAS and Graduate applications.
Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the UCAS or Graduate Applications portal
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Apply and pay the application fee
Note: The Liverpool John Moores University application fee is: 20 EUR (1,643 INR)
Documents Required to Apply to Liverpool John Moores University
- All academic records and transcripts from the previously attended institutions
- Forms for Financial Support and Account Verification.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose including the objectives and future goals of the applicant.
- A copy of the passport's biographical page
- Statement of bank accounts
- Proof of identification
- Documentation related to insurance
Exams Accepted By the University
Liverpool John Moores University requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course requirements before beginning the application process.
B.E. / B.Tech
IELTS: 6.0 & Above, PTE: 61
IELTS: 6.0-6.5, PTE: 50.0-58.0
IELTS: 7.0 & Above
IELTS: 6.0 & Above, PTE: 61
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
Computing and Information Systems
International Business and Management
The university has a large alumni base, with students working in various fields. It has earned degrees in the entertainment business, sports, politics, media, government, and various other sectors. Caroline Aherne (actor, comedian), Rebecca Bisland (international footballer), Stephen Crowe (composer), Stephen Byers (MP), and Julian Cope are among the notable alumni (musician and author).
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
a month ago
Most study abroad programs require a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, and programs acc... Show more
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The university itself does not provide any transportation services. However, the most affordable and easiest way to reach the university is by using public transportation, such as buses, cabs, or taxis.
Services offered by the university
The university, which is located in Liverpool's historic center, has been developed and built with vibrant and modern campuses for both living and learning. The institute is mostly made up of three beautiful campuses, as follows:
- There are two faculties on the Mount Pleasant Campus: Business and Law and Arts, Professional and Social Studies.
- Three faculties are located on the City Campus: Health, Science, Engineering, and Technology.
- The IM Marsh Campus lies in Aigburth, about four kilometers from the city center.
There are libraries, theater halls, science parks, athletics buildings, cafes, and restaurants on each campus.
Liverpool John Moores University is divided into three main campuses, each with 44 buildings.
More than 130 sports and societies are available to students of any faith, gender, or ability, so regardless of their background or experience, there is something for them. Students can even create their society/sport at the institution if there isn't anything that interests them.
At LJMU, all sports are excellent social activities, and most teams have their own Twitter and Facebook accounts.
On campus accomodation
Every new student at the school is guaranteed on-campus housing in the city's heart, with convenient access to the main university campus.
- St. Luke's View, Cambridge Court, Grand Central, Greenville Street, and other options are available to Mount Pleasant students.
- Marybone, Glassworks, Atlantic Point, and Liberty Gardens are all options for City Campus students.
- Horizon Heights, The Arch, and a few other alternatives are available to IM Marsh students.
- After the institution accepts its applications, students must apply for housing online.
University Faculty Stats
There are about 2,400 staff members at Liverpool John Moores University, and the student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1. There are talented and skilled professors at the university who collaborate with the students to help them achieve excellence.
Research opportunities at university
Research and scholarships are highly promoted at the Liverpool John Moores University. At all curriculum levels, research is important to the student experience. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework results revealed our research's world-class quality: every unit of evaluation we submitted received a rating of at least 45 percent internationally excellent or better.
LJMU is ranked 61st out of 128 universities that submitted more than one assessment unit in the proportion of world-leading or globally excellent research, and we are second in the University Alliance category.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
GoinGlobal is a university-managed database that helps students find work anywhere globally. Second and third-year students (Levels 5 and 6) at LJMU can participate in a paid 'Discovery Internship' with a local organization, where they will work on a project or piece of work that will improve their employability skills and provide insight into careers. Students are compensated for their work with a reasonable wage, and internships can be conducted concurrently with your education.
The LJMU Careers, Employability & Enterprise team sources Discovery Internships, which are listed on Unitemps.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Approximately 96 percent of Liverpool John Moores University graduates find work within six months. A career support unit at Liverpool John Moores University gives ample industrial experience and learning to prepare for job applications. The institution has strong ties with major corporations, including Trinity Mirror and IBM, and may offer valuable work placements, paid internships, and industry masterclasses. Bachelor (Other) is the best-paying degree at Liverpool John Moores University, with alumni earning an average income of 51,034 GBP (49,72,332 INR)
1. Is it difficult to get into Liverpool John Moores University?
Every year, over 6,500 new undergraduate students enroll at Liverpool John Moores University. Due to several applications received from students worldwide, it has a competitive admission policy. Students with a good academic record have a better chance of being accepted. For a higher chance of admission, submit your application as soon as possible.
2. Which are some of the most popular courses offered by Liverpool John Moores University?
Anthropology, electrical and electronic engineering, astrophysics, sports-related subjects, and general engineering are some of the most popular and highly ranked disciplines offered by Liverpool John Moores University.
3. How much does Liverpool John Moores University charge for tuition?
Students pay different tuition fees depending on the program they are enrolled in. Fees for international students are as follows: Undergraduate Graduate Foundation programme: 11,500 GBP (11,14,304 INR), Classroom basis: 15,600 GBP (15,11,680 INR), Laboratory basis: 16,100 GBP (15,59,867 INR), Industrial placement: 3,650 GBP (3,53,614 INR).
4. What is the acceptance rate of Liverpool John Moores University?
The acceptance rate at Liverpool John Moores University is 23%.
5. What is the male to female ratio at Liverpool John Moores University?
Liverpool John Moores University has a male to female ratio of 47:53, making it a gender-balanced institution.