- The university shares a site with a major London teaching hospital called St George Hospital University Medical Center which helps students to study in a clinical setting mixed with many different healthcare professionals.
- St George’s, University of London collaborates with Erasmus to provide grants to students who wish to complete their final years in another European country. Partner institutes where students have studied include the University of Barcelona, Radboud University Medical Center, Leiden University, and the University of Granada.
- At their unique Education Ideas Hub events where students and staff members showcase their projects, the university awards more than 14,000 GBP (13,41,158 INR) to Student-Staff Partnership Grants.
St George’s, University of London
London, United Kingdom
Established in 1733
Established in 1733
St George’s, University of London is a public research university established in 1733 and situated in Tooting, London, United Kingdom. Being one of the oldest and only UK universities based in a hospital, St George’s, University of London prepares students to pursue excellence in academic medicine, healthcare, and science, informed by a global outlook. Offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional education programs, the university is home to 5,500 students with an international community of over 547 students. The university is officially recognized by the Privy Council with many of its courses accredited by the New York State Board of Medical Examiners, and the Medical Council of India, among a few.
Top Reasons to Study in the St George’s, University of London
Cost of Studying at St George’s, University of London
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The St George’s, University of London
US World and News Report
Admissions at The St George’s, University of London
How to Apply at St George’s, University of London
- Fill out the application form
- Pay the application fee
- Provide test scores for English proficiency exams
- Provide test scores for the required exams
- Provide high school or secondary school transcripts
Note: The St George’s, University of London application fee is 22 GBP (2,110 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to St George’s, University of London
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Personal Statement
- Two Satisfactory References
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Certification of graduation or certificate of an undergraduate degree (for students applying to graduate programs)
- University Transcripts (for students applying to graduate programs)
Exams Accepted By the University
The university operates a two-group system for its admissions. The courses as per their group are listed below
Group 1 courses
Group 2 courses
Diagnostic Radiography BSc, Healthcare Science BSc, Medicine and Graduate-entry Medicine (MBBS), Occupational Therapy BSc, Physiotherapy BSc, Paramedic Science BSc, Therapeutic Radiography BSc
Genomic Medicine MSc, Global Health MSc, Healthcare Practice MSc, Physiotherapy MSc (pre-registration), Translational Medicine MRes / MSc, Clinical Research MRes, Healthcare Research Skills and Methods PGCert
Biomedical Science BSc/MSci, Clinical Pharmacology BSc
Biomedical Science MRes, Heart Failure MSc, Sports Cardiology MSc
St George’s, University of London’s eligibility requirements for international students are as follows:
Minimum scores required
80% - Group 1
70% - Group 2
93 (27 in writing, 20 in listening and speaking, and 19 in reading) - Group 1
79 (24 in writing, 14 in listening and reading and 18 in speaking) - Group 2
7.0 (with at least 7.0 in writing and 6.5 in other three components) - Group 1
6.5 (with at least 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in other three components) - Group 2
65 (65 in writing and at least 59 in other three components) - Group 1
59 (59 in writing and at least 51 in other three components) - Group 2
Note: To evaluate a student’s English Proficiency, only one of the above-mentioned English Proficiency exams is required.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
St George’s, University of London has an alumni association of individuals who have achieved incredible feats. The university’s alumni list includes the first woman of color to trek across Antarctica, Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners, MBE award, first woman president and vice-chancellor of University of Manchester, developers of IVF, pioneer of smallpox vaccine, author of Gray’s Anatomy, among a few.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
St George’s, University of London is located in Tooting, South West London, and the distance between the city and the university is 7. 5 miles. Students can travel to the university through the tube which takes about 22 minutes from London Bridge and 25 minutes from Waterloo. The nearest Tube Station is Tooting Broadway. Alternatively, students can commute to the university through the several buses that stop outside the university and at the underground station at Tooting Broadway. The Tooting mainline station is only a fifteen-minute walk away from the university.
Services offered by the university
St George’s, University of London shares its campus with the country’s largest teaching hospital, providing access to state-of-the-art facilities, simulation suites, and dissection facilities.
- At the St George’s, University of London campus, students are offered access to all 38 learning venues and 6 computer rooms.
- The university provides its students with a library comprising a healthcare and biomedical collection of more than 42,000 books, academic journals, ebooks, and multimedia resources. The library also has over 330 study spaces including 30 computers.
- The university is equipped with five computer suites housing 250 workstations, with most of them having 24-hour access. Additionally, the university’s laboratories offer the latest equipment used for a majority of courses.
- For students who wish to become paramedics, the university offers a Paramedic Science Simulation Suite with three purpose-built domicile rooms, a skills lab, and an immersion room.
- To reflect the university’s hands-on approach, St George’s, University of London offers its students a large number of clinical cubicles for teaching communication and clinical skills. The cubicles include a ward-style setup of beds, skeletons, and mannequins for teaching.
- Students are given access to the Dissecting Room, a large purpose-built space, used to teach anatomy to students from multiple courses. The room is also equipped to deliver postgraduate surgical courses and it also includes a state-of-the-art audio-visual system, with high-resolution screens and a large projector for live demonstrations and tutorials.
- The Radiography Suite, one of the finest facilities in the country, houses therapeutic simulation facilities, a treatment planning suite of computers, four ultrasound machines, a mobile x-ray machine, an image intensifier, and more.
- For students pursuing Occupational Therapy, the university offers The Art of Living Suite used for workshops and practical teaching sessions.
- The on-site Museum of Human Diseases which has a collection of over 2000 pathological specimens is used for small group tutorials.
- The university provides many academic support services in the form of student and staff tutoring, training and support on technological services, and fee funding, among a few.
- St.George’s Student Union offers a range of varied societies for students to participate in. These student societies cover interests like art, music, comedy, religion, adventure sports, languages, film, photography, and voluntary work.
- The university’s sports clubs include hockey, rowing, football, rugby union, cricket, and fencing. Students engage in various medical school sports competitions as well.
- The Student Union hosts regular club and band nights, quizzes and sports, and film screenings. Students have complete access to the games room, a music room, a café, a dance studio, and several counseling and welfare rooms.
- Throughout the campus, there are several spaces for students to dine in, shop, and socialize. These include Student Union’s Bar, Peabody’s, Marks and Spencers, Whistlestop, and more.
- Throughout the St George’s, University of London campus, students have access to washing and shower facilities, gender-neutral restrooms, baby changing facilities, prayer facilities, and a welfare room.
- The university facilitates the help of Student Advisors who are engaged in projects like reviewing content and design of modules, providing constructive feedback, enhancing inclusivity in learning practices, and recommendations on some aspects of the student experience.
- St George’s, University of London offers free, confidential, and impartial counseling services for all of its students and staff members. Mental Health emergency services are also available on campus. Additionally, the Staff and Student Occupational Health Services deal with health issues, undertake risk assessments, and suggest adaptations.
- The Student Life Center is open throughout the week to cater to and answer any queries that students have, this could range from lockers, disability student services, fees, and ID cards, among a few.
- To ensure campus safety, the university has abundant resources to evade and report cases of crime, bullying, harassment, and any sort of misdemeanor.
On campus accomodation
St George’s, University of London offers housing facilities for first-year students while students in subsequent years are expected to make their own arrangements for accommodation.
St George’s, University of London offers accommodation to its first-year students at Horton Halls which is only a 15-minute walk from campus. The residence hall is equipped with 332 standard rooms (with a single bed) and 154 premium rooms (with a small double bed). Each room has en-suite facilities. The rent rates per week are listed below.
Standard room (Single bed)
Premium room (Double bed)
University Faculty:Student Ratio8:12
University Faculty Stats
St George’s, University of London is staffed with over 470 teachers and academics with a student-to-faculty ratio of 12:8. The university has a total of 5,500 students with a gender distribution of 35% male students and 65% of female students.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
With a key focus on high-impact research, St George’s, University of London has four world-class research institutes covering their broad research themes of Infection & Immunity, Population Health, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, and Molecular & Clinical Sciences. Each research theme has a number of research groups focused on specific topics and additionally, the university supports other cross-cutting research themes. St George’s, University of London’s research informs World Health Organization policies and has even ranked 4th in the country for impact for the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The university’s Career Services helps students advance their career goals during their course and after their graduation. Students are offered one-to-one and group sessions on exploring career options, preparing for interviews, and other career-related guidance. Students can gain valuable work experience with opportunities to undertake work shadowing, summer placements and apply for summer internships in industry. Students have interned in reputable organizations like GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson, Royal Brompton, among a few.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Over 95% of St George's, University of London graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation. The average starting salary for graduates of St George's, University of London is 27,000 GBP. Graduates have received placements in successful companies and institutes like PRA Health Sciences, Barts and the London NHS Trust, University of Washington, Deloitte, KPMG, Frontiers Publishing, WHO, UNICEF, and Teach First.
1. What are the St George’s, University of London tuition fees?
The St George’s, University of London tuition fee based on rough figures per year is 39,172 GBP (37,55,290 INR).
2. What are the St George’s, University of London GPA requirements?
The St George’s, University of London GPA requirement for international students is 3.0. However, different courses have different requirements; please check the entry requirements for the course you select.
3. What is the St George’s, University of London acceptance rate?
The St George’s, University of London acceptance rate is 48%.
4. What are the St George’s, University of London courses?
The St George’s, University of London courses are as follows: 10 undergraduate programs, 21 postgraduate programs, and 11 professional education programs.
5. Are there any St George’s, University of London scholarships for international students?
St George’s, University of London scholarships for international students are not offered directly by the university but it provides resources for external grants and loans.