- Queensland Institute of Technology is a reputed and acclaimed university in Australia.Other than this, the university offers a great learning experience that is excellent for a student's career.
- Queensland Institute of Technology QS Ranking is 60 and it is among the top universities in the world.
- Queensland Institute of Technology Scholarship for international students is also a reason behind a huge number of international students choosing QIT for higher studies.
- The university is also known for its diverse environment, and is ranked top in most multicultural academic environments.
Queensland University of Technology
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
The Queensland University of Technology is a public university mainly based on research, situated in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in the modern seaside city of Brisbane. It also offers a few STEM-based programs to its students. The university was founded in 1989. Earlier, it used to be known as the Queensland Institute of Technology. According to a 2020 report, the University has enrolled around 52 thousand students in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Including 8000+ Queensland Institute of Technology international students from 128 different countries. QIT was considered a member of the Australian Technology Network till it became autonomous. Students can choose among various Queensland Institute of Technology courses which includes more than 255 courses in different disciplines including, law, science, and teaching.
Top Reasons to Study in the Queensland University of Technology
Masters in Business Administration
Faculty of Business and Law
Masters in Information Technology
Faculty of Science
Masters in Engineering Management
Faculty of Engineering
Cost of Studying at Queensland University of Technology
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Queensland University of Technology
How to Apply at Queensland University of Technology
- The students choose from any Queensland Institute of Technology courses whenever the admission is open. Usually, the Queensland Institute of Technology Admission opens around the end of Feb and June (for PG and UG)
- Closing dates may vary from course to course.
- Fill out the application form from the portal correctly.
- Pay a mandatory application fee of 100 AUD (5593 INR)
- Answer a few questions like (why you want to join QUI).
- Attach your and family documents for verification.
- Then, select your course and preferred campus.
- Don't forget to attach the test scores for the English test.
- Students can get in contact with an admissions counselor for more information.
Documents Required to Apply to Queensland University of Technology
- Course and grade information from Grade 9-to 12
- Academic transcripts
- High school equivalency diploma
- ACT and SAT scores
- English proficiency test score
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Handwritten Original Essays
- Financial documents (for security)
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR) from school/college.
- Supplementary documents that might be required based on the course.
Exams Accepted By Queensland University of Technology
Queensland Institute of Technology focuses more on the academic and administrative capabilities of the students for admission. One must have completed class 12th to take admission in graduate programs. While post-graduates must have their graduation certificate for admissions. The Queensland Institute of Technology admission requirements differ from course to course.
Bachelor's of Business
IELTS : 6.5 & Above
Bachelor of Law
IELTS : 6.5 & Above
Bachelor of Education
IELTS : 6.0 & Above
Doctor of Philosophy
IELTS : 7.5 & Above
English Proficiency Requirements
One must clear the EPR exam to satisfy the Queensland Institute of Technology entry requirements for admission.. The minimum qualifying marks differ for each course. A basic idea of the minimum requirement is given below. Refer to the official portal of Queensland Institute of Technology Admission for more details.
Test Minimum Requirements
English Proficiency Test
Minimum Required Marks
6.5 or above
178 or above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Queensland University of Technology
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Students Queensland University of Technology
Premium Yocketer profiles
Sai Nayanatara IsukapalliShortlisted
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at Queensland University of Technology
Queensland Institute of Technology has more than 50,000 alumni members across the globe. The university happily organizes events, and get-togethers for the students to catch up with each other and get encouraged. Given below are a few notable alumni of QUI:
- Peter Beattie, Premier of Queensland
- Anna Bligh, Queensland's first female Premier.
- Wayne Goss, Premier of Queensland
- Campbell Newman, Lord Mayor of Brisbane
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for Queensland University of Technology
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Students can easily reach Queensland Institute of Technology through the shuttle bus service provided by the university that runs from different campuses. There are more than 15 buses and 2 train stations within a 30 minutes area from the college. University QLD Lakes Station is the closest bus station from the college. A private parking service (only for QIT students) with minimal charge is also offered by the University for Private Vehicles
Services offered by the university
- The Queensland Institute of Technology Campuses have astonishing buildings and modern infrastructure.
- Each campus has a beautiful and open ground around it for relaxation.
- There are many foods, drinks, and shopping options provided by the university around both campuses.
- There are more than 10 university libraries (24X7) around the campus, plus a computer facility in each library.
Student life at Queensland University of Technology
There are currently three campuses at Queensland Institute of Technology namely, Garden Point, Kelvin Grove, and Point Cook. Each campus has its own community. All of the Queensland Institute of Technology Campuses are filled with various educational, recreational, athletic, and aid facilities.
- Students are offered free to join 35+ clubs. All the clubs are actively participating in different activities and programs.
- Students are provided with excellent sports facilities and are active in intercollege sports competitions.
- QIT has many recreational activities going on monthly like open ground theatres, Museum tours, Art fairs, gymnasium, and more.
On campus accomodation at Queensland University of Technology
Queensland Institute of Technology offers off-campus accommodations to its students. It offers the students to live in QIT's residential colleges located nearby the campuses. Due to the high volume of students, QIT does not provide a hostel facility.
- The university has many residential colleges nearby with all of them having some historical connection with QIT
- These are the residential colleges offered by the Queensland Institute of Technology: Cromwell, Duchene’s, Emmanuel, Grace, King's College, etc.
- All of the residential colleges are safe to live in and have different facilities.
- Students living here can make new and lifelong friends, and encounter different community people and their cultures.
Jobs and Opportunities