- The Japanese government has chosen TMDU as one of the Top Type Universities of the Top Global University Project and one of the Top 9 Designated National Universities.
- More than 25 additional universities have affiliation and exchange relationships with the university. Since 2002, the university has collaborated with Partners Harvard Medical International to improve the educational offerings at TMDU.
- The dental faculty has agreements with a number of universities in the US, UK, Australia, and Canada.
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University scholarships are also available for deserving students in the form of aid and grants.
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Established in 1928
Established in 1928
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Tokyo Medical and Dental University is a well-known public university in Tokyo, Japan, and is situated in Bunky. The university's origins may be traced back to Eiraku Hospital, which was involved in the 1899 Tokyo Medical License Exam.
Tokyo Medical and Dental University Courses include Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in medicine, dentistry, and related fields. Over 200 international students attend Tokyo Medical and Dental University, mostly from Asian nations.
Top Reasons to Study in the Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Cost of Studying at Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Tokyo Medical and Dental University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Tokyo Medical and Dental University
How to Apply at Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Tokyo Medical and Dental University International students can submit an online application form via the university’s common applications.
To get started with the Tokyo Medical and Dental University admission process, Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's common applications and create an account
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
Note: The Tokyo Medical and Dental University Application fees is not applicable.
Documents Required to Apply to Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- Complete application form
- Academic Credentials
- Letter of Recommendation
- Medical Certificate
- Financial Proof
- Copy of Valid Passport
Exams Accepted By the University
Gunma University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course requirements before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Requirement
350 or Above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
No courses found! Try other school
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Tokyo Medical and Dental University does not itself offer transportation services. Tokyo Medical and Dental University can be reached in 4 different ways: by metro, bus, taxi, or automobile.
Services offered by the university
The Tokyo Medical and Dental University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favourable to learning.
- The campus has excellent facilities, including large study centers, several multimedia centers, modern lecture halls, high-tech laboratories, IT facilities, and ample social areas.
- Common amenities like computer access, study rooms, and a complete library, are available on the campus.
- On-campus, students have access to all the facilities they need.
The main campus, Yushima Campus, is situated in Bunky, not far from Ochanomizu Station, and it houses the hospital buildings and research facilities for the university, notably the 126-meter-tall M&D tower.
- Students participate in fundamental research, group discussions, presentations, tours of private clinics and the CU university hospital, and community health initiatives.
- Students can take part in a range of cultural activities at Tokyo Medical and Dental University. Depending on their interests, they can also join a range of student organizations.
On campus accomodation
The university offers a variety of residence options for students from other countries and the Japan Student Services Organization, or JASSO, is in charge of arranging lodging.
- The majority of accommodations offer a private and shared room for students.
- The accommodation facilities are located near the campus within 5 minutes' walking distance.
University Faculty Stats
There are a total of 677 Academic Staff members, and 1,025 Administrative staff members at the university. The university's professors are talented and knowledgeable professionals who work with students to support their ambitions.
Research opportunities at university
The institution carries out research on the most recent approaches, such as merging different omics and molecular datasets to define trans-omics interactions. Such studies will provide personalised and/or precision medicine by locating disease-related genes that can serve as novel medication targets.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
After graduation, Tokyo Medical and Dental University students are placed at various reputed organizations and receive good salary packages. The average salary of graduates from Tokyo Medical and Dental University is 15,225,155 JPY (8,776,643 INR).
1 Chome-5-45 Yushima, Bunkyo City, Tokyo 113-8510, Japan