Pursuing a master's degree at a study abroad destination can no doubt, be a life changing step. But if you’re considering Italy as a study abroad destination, you can be free of fears, as Italy is home to some of the finest universities in the world! With around 40 out of 90 universities being internationally recognised by prestigious rankings such as QS World University Rankings, THE World University Rankings, etc, universities in Italy in masters are ideal in terms of expert education and industrial expectations, along with the best standard of living! So let us dive in, to know some of the best universities in Italy for masters!
Table of Contents
How to Choose Best Universities in Italy for Masters
Some of the best Italian universities for masters are known for their industrial experiential learning, and excellent education at par with affordability. Let us understand how you, as an international applicant can choose some of the best universities in Italy for masters:
- Recognised universities and programs: While choosing top universities in Italy for masters you can look for how they are ranked and recognised globally. Out of 80 universities in Italy, 40 are recognised through the QS World university Rankings, and 11 universities out of the 40 have even made it to the top 500 universities in the world. Moreover, Italy has been declared ideal for degree programs in the field of architecture, fashion, art and applied sciences.
- Cost of attendance: The tuition fees for most public universities in Italy range from 800 EUR to 3,450 EUR per annum, which is considered to be highly affordable. Private universities, on the other hand, can be a bit on the pricier side. Also, living expenses at cities like Milan, Rome and Bologna can be a little higher as compared to Pisa, Turin and others.
- Availability of scholarships: Italy, unlike other study abroad destinations offers similar scholarships to both domestic and international students. As an international student, you may receive an average amount of 500 EUR to 5,000 EUR annually as a scholarship.
Did you know?
Italy is home to the world’ oldest university- the University of Bologna, which was established in the year 1088!
Difference between Public and Private Universities in Italy for Masters
Public universities in Italy for MS are known for an affordable tuition rate, and a high employability rate. Some of the public universities in Italy for masters are:
- University of Bologna
- University of Milan
- University of Pisa
- Politecnico Di Milano
Private universities, on the other hand, offer education at a comparatively high cost, and have a tad bit low employability rate. But, education at private universities is also considered to be at par with other public universities in Italy. Some prominent private universities in Italy for masters are:
- Istituto Marangoni
- University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Domus Academy
Suggested: Guide to education system in Italy
Top Universities in Italy for Masters
Italy MS universities are known to offer one of the best industrially driven education, and a high class faculty. Public universities in Italy for masters are internationally ranked, and better than private universities in terms of tuition rates, and more secure employability rates.
Let us now move forward to discover the list of universities in Italy for masters:
QS World University Ranking 2022
Top Programs Offered
Average Tuition Fees for International Students
Master of Design in Urban Planning and Policy Design
Master of Food Engineering
Masters in Environmental Engineering
Masters in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Landscape Architecture
Masters in Civil Engineering
Masters of Business Administration
Istituto Marangoni, Milan
Masters in Italian Product Design
Masters in Fashion Design
Masters in Italian Product Design- 23,600 (Total)
Masters in Fashion Design- 30,800 (Total)
Masters of Applied Mathematics
University of Pisa
Masters in Data Science and Informatics
Masters in Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Suggested: Complete guide to pursue Masters in Italy
Admission Requirements to Study at Universities in Italy for Masters
Top universities in italy for MS are known to be quite prominent in terms of their education system. The admission requirements at most of the Italy MS universities are quite generic, and can be easily fulfilled. Moreover, the requirements at a majority of public universities in Italy for masters are quite similar, and have been listed below:
- Academic transcripts
- Bachelor's degree (if applying to master's programs)
- Standardized test scores (GMAT, GRE)
- Language proficiency proof (English, Italian)
- Additional documents (LORs, SOPs, Essays, Resume/CV, proof of Work Experience, etc)
Italy top universities for masters are known across the globe for their quality education. Not to forget, Italy is one of the most popular study destinations in Europe because of its highly affordable cost of tuition along with other living expenses. Moreover, Italian universities will also offer you some of the best scholarships for interntioanl students in Italy to pursue your masters degree, ranging from 500 EUR to 5,000 EUR per annum.