- The college offers several programs under Diploma programs, Career programs, Pre-university, College Majors, and General Studies.
- Montreal city gives the best experience to the students, especially to international students.
- The institute offers scholarships and financial aid to deserving ones.
- The acceptance rate of the college is 75%.
Average Living Expenses
Started in 1970 with 1400 students, the Vanier College is a publicly funded third-largest English-language College in Montreal. The college was named in honour of General Georges P. Vanier, a Canadian diplomat, soldier, and former Governor-General of Canada.
The college offers over 24 Diploma in College Studies (DCS) programs that are divided into 2-Years of Pre-University programs and 3-Years of Technical or Career programs. Some of the popular Vanier college programs offered by the institute are Business Administration, Architectural Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Nursing, etc. The tuition fee per semester for international students is 6119-9486 CAD (INR 3,64,621-5,65,255)
Top Reasons to Study in the Vanier College
Diploma in Animal Health Technology
Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Diploma in Respiratory and Anaesthesia Technology
Cost of Studying at Vanier College
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Admissions at The Vanier College
How to Apply at Vanier College
- Visit the official website of the Vanier college at http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca
- To process applications, the college is allied with Service Régional d’Admission du Montréal Métropolitain (SRAM), a clearinghouse.
- Canadian student needs to pay CAD 30 i.e. INR 1,787 (Payable to SRAM), and international student needs to pay CAD 85 (INR 5,065)
- The application fee is non-refundable and can be paid via credit card, money order, or bank draft.
- Students have to submit the documents at Service régional d’admission du montréal métropolitain, 5701 avenue Christophe-Colomb,Montréal, QC H2S 2E9
- After the 4-5 weeks of deadline results will be published on the “Consult My File” or “Status of Application” link on SRAM.
- Once the admission of the students is confirmed at Vanier College, they will be invited at the college to attend an Information Session.
Documents Required to Apply to Vanier College
- Canadian student visa
- Applicants need to submit the recent results of TOEFL
- Applicants also submit the ELTS (International English Language Testing System) results
Exams Accepted By Vanier College
The requirement of the exam scores in admission for various programs applicants is as follows:
For Science programs,
Maths and Science are mandatory in 11th & 12th
Minimum Acceptance Score
For International applicants
|minimum IELTS score of 6.5.minimum TOEFL score is 80|
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Vanier College
More rankings for this university
This college has been ranked by several national and international ranking agencies based on factors such as effectiveness, program availability, student satisfaction, and more. Below-mention list is some Vanier College rankings, have a look:
- Ranked 102 in Canada by UniPage Rankings
- By UniPage World University Rankings the college ranked 4058 in the world
- Ranked 94 in Canada by Webometrics
- Ranked 1708 in the world by Webometrics
- Ranked 6922 in the continent by Webometrics
Students Vanier College
Premium Yocketer profiles
Early Childhood Education
Animal Health Technology
Alumni at Vanier College
The Vanier college's notable alumni include, several popular faces, name of a few of them are Russell Yuen, Canadian Actor, Herbie Kuhn, Toronto Raptors Announcer and Co-Chaplain, Ric Esther Bienstock O.C., Documentary Director/Producer/Writer, Andrew Hertzog – Lawyer, Coach, Friend, and many more
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for Vanier College
Transportation in the city
The college is easily reachable through public transport i.e. by bus, train, and metro. Here are the following transit lines have routes that pass near Vanier College
Bus route: 117, 121, 16, 17, 460
Services offered by the university
The wide-spread campus of Vanier college houses 10 different buildings for post-secondary education, 179 teaching areas, 33 resource areas, 9 parking spots, and 17 amenities and services stores.
Student life at Vanier College
The student life in Vanier college includes, music, robotics, student jobs, scholarships, Athletics, computer labs, library membership card, and access to sports complex. In the student hub, students get support with various facilities like mental health & wellness, career counseling, mentoring, and Alterance travil etudis (ATE). Students also get IT support and academic resources & information.
On campus accomodation at Vanier College
In the name of an On-campus accommodation, Vanier college offers one of the popular and cost-effective choices called premier home stay. This will be helpful for international students, as they got a chance to familiarize themselves with the new environment. It includes - private room, different meal plans, laundry facilities, and the chance to practice English or French.
Apart from the premier homestay, the college also offers student residence that includes Single & double Occupancy studios and a Studio for Limited Mobility.
The perfect duration to look for accommodation is from the end of July. Generally, in private homes the monthly rental cost for furnished rooms ranges from 300.00-425.00 CAD (INR 17,780 - 25,188). The cost of a range of apartments varies between 450-850 CAD/month (INR 26,670-50,377) based on the number of rooms, and facilities included.
Along with rental costs, students have to bear other expenses also like food, transportation, cable, heating, telephone, and parking.
Jobs and Opportunities