- University has had more than 26000 enrollment in the past five years in every session University provides a wide variety of grants available to undergraduate, postgraduate, and research students.
- Ulster University is in the top 25% of world-leading UK research universities. With 72% of their work classified as research excellence.
- . With almost 92 percent of graduates in job or further study six months after graduation, it boasts one of the greatest further study and employment rates in the UK
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Established in 2014
Established in 2014
Founded in 1968 by British Queen Elizabeth II, Ulster University now has four campuses in Northern Ireland: Belfast, Coleraine, Magee College, and Jordanstown, as well as a virtual campus. The university has 327 undergraduate courses and 197 postgraduate courses. It is Northern Ireland's largest university and the island of Ireland's second-largest institution.
Ulster university programs are run under the fields of social science and management, natural sciences, life sciences and medicine, Art and Humanities, Engineering and Technology as well as business and management. The university has membership with the European University Association, Association of Commonwealth Universities, Universities Ireland, and Universities UK.
Top Reasons to Study in the Ulster University
Cost of Studying at Ulster University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Ulster University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
The Ulster University's world ranking from other organizations are the following:
Guardian University Guide 2022
Admissions at The Ulster University
How to Apply at Ulster University
- Apply online through admission portal srssb.ulster.ac.uk/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispChoices
- Fill in your details
- Choose a program of your choice
- Submit and pay application fees
The Ulster University Application fees is, a 3000 EUR ( 245,000 INR) deposit
Documents Required to Apply to Ulster University
Following are the required documents for Ulster University admission:
- Academic Certificates
- Transcripts for grades
- Passport Copy
- Passport size photo
- English proficiency Score
- Financial Assistance
Exams Accepted By the University
To study Ulster University courses, students must have a minimum English proficiency requirement to get admission
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Courses at the Ulster University
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
2 months ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
5 months ago
a year ago
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Ulster University has a network of 60,000 graduate students. Deirdre Heenan ( Author), Colin Davidson (Irish Visual Artist), Brian Humphries (Cognizant CEO), and James Nesbitt (Actor) are among the notable alumni of Ulster University.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Belfast City Airport is approximately 10 kilometers north-west of Belfast city University campus, whereas Belfast International Airport is approximately 24 kilometers north-west of Belfast city.
Services offered by the university
- Ulster University has four campuses in Northern Ireland which include Belfast, Coleraine, Jordanstown, and Magee. University has two branch campuses in London and Birmingham also.
- Belfast's campus is located in the lively Cathedral Quarter, the city's burgeoning cultural hub. The campus hosts a number of annual festivals, including the Ulster Festival of Art and Design, as part of a vibrant cultural community.
- The Jordanstown campus, located north of Belfast, is a key draw for residents who prefer to live in the city and commute to the campus by private car or using the city's superb rail, bus, and taxi network.
- Coleraine, situated alongside the River Bann, is the largest and busiest town on Northern Ireland's Causeway Coast. For students interested in outdoor sports, the Causeway Coast is ideal, and the campus is nearby.
- The university has various student clubs, over 75 sports clubs and societies on campus for students to participate in and experience a vibrant campus.
- Get involved in a Karate club, Surfing society, or our International Society to meet new people. Students at Ulster are automatically members of the Students' Union.
- The Magee campus is situated near the river Foyle in town with a mixture of traditional and modern facilities.
On campus accomodation
- International students are guaranteed a room in university housing on the Coleraine, Magee, and Jordanstown campuses, with an abundance of private housing and robust inter-campus transportation on the Belfast campus
- 122 York street, Dalriada Village, Cranagh Village, Knocklayde, Coppin House, and Duncreggan village are some of the housing facilities provided by the University.
University Faculty Stats
Ulster University has more than 1600 academic staff, including full-time and part-time faculty, and more than 3000 staff members.
Research opportunities at university
Ulster University provides internal funds and support for funding and grants for Ph.D. Students. Ulster University is in the top 25% of world-leading UK research universities. With 72% of their work classified as research excellence
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Ulster University's Jobs and Placement Centre provides access to hundreds of high-quality global internship and placement opportunities through the UUTemps portal, allowing students to expand their network, develop their skills, and further their careers.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
90% of Ulster University students get employment within six months of graduation. Students seek help from the university center, and the university also promotes job placement opportunities through job portals like Handshake- to connect with people and find job opportunities. Among Ulster University's best-paying degrees is the Masters in Management, with alumni earning an average salary of 64,125 GBP (6,203,327 INR).
1. Is Ulster a good university?
Ulster University is ranked among the top 700 universities in the world by Times Higher Education and has an overall score of 4.2 stars, according to student reviews on study portals.
2. What is Ulster University's acceptance rate?
lster University's acceptance rate is 81%.
3. Which is the main campus of Ulster University?
Jordanstown campus is the main campus at Ulster University.
4. Ulster University Birmingham accredited?
The university offers globally recognized, fully accredited British degrees at bachelor's and master's levels, as well as a range of other courses and qualifications.
5. What are the tuition fees at Ulster University?
Undergraduate tuition fees for international students range around 12,890 GBP (1222178 INR).