- With a special emphasis on entrepreneurship, the university offers its students mentorship, competitions, funding, seminars, workshops, and many other on-campus opportunities to get their innovative ideas incubated.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has an international network with more than 130 exchange partners for undergraduate students and 85+ exchange partners at the postgraduate level. Partner institutions are situated in countries like Australia, Norway, Canada, Poland, Spain, Italy, Mainland China, and Turkey, to name a few.
- With more than 690 teaching staff members, 100% of the faculty members have a doctorate degree from world-class universities like UC Berkeley, Cambridge, Yale, Princeton, Carnegie-Mellon, MIT, Harvard, and Oxford, among a few others.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, a public research-focussed university was established in 1989 and is located in Sai Kung, New Territories, Hong Kong. Considered a global powerhouse in tertiary education, the university aims to advance teaching and research in science, technology, engineering, management, and business studies. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has a total enrollment of over 16,195 students among which 6287 represent the international community. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is officially accredited by the Education Bureau of Hong Kong SAR and other specialized or programmatic accreditations.
Top Reasons to Study in the The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
BEng in Computer Engineering
School of Engineering
MBA in Business Administration
School of Business and Management
MSc in Electronic Engineering
School of Engineering
Cost of Studying at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Admissions at The The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
$58 - $1,000
How to Apply at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Apply through the official website
- Choose your course
- Fill up your details
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
Note: The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology application fee is 450 HKD (4505 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Nomination of an academic referee
- Nomination of IB Coordinator or Career Counselor (for students taking the IB, GCE-AL/IAL/Cambridge Pre-U or Indian High School Examination)
- College/University transcripts (for students applying to graduate programs)
Exams Accepted By The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Colorado School of Mines’s eligibility requirements for international students are as follows:
Examination Requirements for undergraduate students
- Overall average of 85% or above in Standard XII examination
English Proficiency Examination Requirements
Minimum scores required
Minimum scores required
6.5 with a sub-score of 5.5
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Students The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Premium Yocketer profiles
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Notable graduates affiliated with the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology include political members, former sports professionals, entrepreneurs, engineers, actors, entertainment hosts, and academic professors, among many others. Alumni members work in more than 90 countries across the world with top employers like Bain & Company, Deloitte, Facebook, JP Morgan Chase, Indian Air Force, and many others.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Transportation in the city
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is located in Sai Kung, a district in New Territories, one of the three main regions in Hong Kong. The best MTR stations for transport to the university are Choi Hung, Hang Hau, and Po Lam. Students can also travel to the university by taxi which lasts under 10 minutes and costs between 78 to 102 HKD (781 to 1021 INR).
Services offered by the university
- The university provides its students with classrooms that are equipped with modern Teaching Facilities, including a PC, A/V system for a presentation, and Personal Response System for assisting teaching activities. Additionally, students and faculty members can also access conference venues and more than eleven lecture theaters.
- The campus also includes meeting rooms, common rooms, a recreation room, workshops, a multi-function room, and a creativity room, among many more.
- The on-campus library offers an extensive collection of books, electronic media, and special collections along with computers and equipment, study spaces and teaching spaces, and research services.
- The Center for Education Innovation is an academic support unit for students and faculty members through the use of active learning pedagogies and technologies.
Student life at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Operated by the Student Union, the university offers over 100 student societies and organizations covering a range of areas like art, culture, music, academics, sports, and other special interests.
- Students can participate and compete in over 34 sports including archery, badminton, cricket, tennis, dodgeball, swimming, water polo, karate, squash, and rugby to name a few.
- On-campus sports facilities include an indoor and outdoor sports complex that includes floor space for activities such as badminton, basketball, volleyball, handball, squash, table tennis, fencing, dance, archery, and martial arts, weight training, and fitness exercises. Additionally, the university also offers an artificial turf soccer pitch, a 400-meter track, a hard-surface mini-soccer pitch, a swimming pool, a basketball court, a lawn area, and tennis courts.
- The Counseling and Wellness Center provides high-quality psychological services through personal counseling, peer support, and emergency care, all of which are strictly confidential.
- The university’s Center for the Arts along with the Shaw Auditorium organizes a wide variety of programs like exhibitions, concerts, film shows, seminars, workshops, and visits to promote the participation of students in artistic and cultural activities.
On campus accomodation at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology offers on-campus housing for all students through 12 residence halls that offer single, double, or triple rooms, and apartments.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology offers undergraduate students accommodation in ten fully furnished and air-conditioned UG Halls that offer a bedroom, common room, pantry, bathroom, and laundry services. Students can choose from a wide variety of room types with 4544 places in single, double, or triple rooms. The accommodation fee for international undergraduate students per year, exclusive of meals, air-conditioning, and laundry charges) ranges between 15,925 to 26,301 HKD (1,60,164 to 2,64,521 INR).
- Postgraduate students are offered accommodation through three apartment-style residence halls with single or double rooms. Hall facilities across the three apartments differ with amenities like a common room, shared kitchen, communal bathroom, laundry services, pantry, and a living room. The accommodation fee for international POSTgraduate students per month ranges between 2820 to 5040 HKD (28,362 to 50,689 INR).
Jobs and Opportunities