- Situated in the amazing location of Hong Kong, students of this university get opportunities to start their businesses in the country, and make valuable career connections.
- The Honk Kong university campus has cultural and art facilities and learning spaces.
- The college provides an athletics stadium, Olympic-size swimming pool, softball diamond, driving range, and many other fitness services to their registered students.
- The University of Hong Kong offers amazing lecture theatres, experimental theatres, and learning pods to help students with amazing learning materials.
- Over 50 clubs related to various activities are there for the registered students to relish their lives at the campus.
The University of Hong Kong
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Founded in 1911, the University of Hong Kong is one of the top public institutes located in Pokfulam. HKU offers more than 150 Undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs along with online MOOC programs through its 10 faculties. The most preferred courses of the university are in the subject area of Business and Engineering. Known under the top universities in Hong Kong and renowned for performing exchange networking having more than 300 exchange partners in around 45 countries.
Top Reasons to Study in the The University of Hong Kong
BEng in Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering
MSc in Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering
MSc in Business Analytics
Faculty of Buisness and Economics
Cost of Studying at The University of Hong Kong
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Admissions at The The University of Hong Kong
$57 - $450
How to Apply at The University of Hong Kong
To get enrolled, applicants can apply for their preferred course via the official website of the university after paying an application fee of HKD 450 (4530 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to The University of Hong Kong
- Completed application form
- Passport size photos
- Certified passport copy
- All academic transcripts from high school/ senior secondary levels and completion certificates
- UG or diploma degree with 2 years of work experience (PG applicants)
- Health examination form
- Students from India need 90% at Grade 12 from AISSC to get admitted into any UG degree program.
- For admissions in any master’s degree course at HKU, a UG or diploma degree along with 2 years of work experience is mandatory.
Exams Accepted By The University of Hong Kong
For Graduate and Licensure
· GMAT score (650+)
· GRE score (620+)
· CFA level 1(qualified).
Candidates whose instruction language was not English in their undergraduate
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The The University of Hong Kong
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Students The University of Hong Kong
Premium Yocketer profiles
Khondaker Ittesaf AhmedShortlisted
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at The University of Hong Kong
The university has a vast alumni network and it conducts events, and workshops with them through the alumni community.
Notable alumni of HKU are:
- Luk Kam-biu, Visiting Professor in Science and Technology and alumnus of HKU’s Department of Physics
- Dr Yufeng Wang, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Dr Sun Yat-sen, founder of the Republic of China
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for The University of Hong Kong
Number of campuses the university has
Pok Fu Lam
Transportation in the city
The following transit lines have routes that pass near The University Of Hong Kong
- Bus: 23, 55, 970, 970X
- Subway: 港島綫 ISLAND LINE
Services offered by the university
The University of Hong Kong has a different approach to education, and it believes that life learning is equally important as academic learning. Thus this University offers several student services and facilities to ensure that students have an easy, intriguing, and healthy campus experience, and enjoy their lives while studying on campus.
The University of Hong Kong offers various services considering.
Libraries- The Libraries offer a conducive environment for study, research, and knowledge exchange.
It organizes various Student Activities- In HKU, there are various student organisations with distinctive objectives and functions that cater to the diverse interest of the student population, considering Students’ Associations, Sports Clubs, Cultural Clubs and Independent Clubs.
Student Amenities There are two amenities centres on the Main Campus considering facilities for relaxation, study and recreational activities and also office space for student societies. The restaurants and cafeterias are also there to spend a fun time.
Residential Halls, Colleges and Accommodation Halls of Residence are more than just a place to sleep – they form part of a long tradition at the University and are as important to your overall education as your studies. Hall life provides students with the chance to interact with people from different backgrounds under one roof.
Sports- The University has well-equipped indoor and outdoor sports and fitness facilities.
Rewards- The University offers various scholarships and prizes which are primarily merit-based.
University Financial Assistance- There are multiple university financial assistance schemes for the students of Hong Kong University.
Student life at The University of Hong Kong
The university ensures students get amazing life at campus and they relish the activities beyond studies too thus, it offers various Out-of-classroom and Non-credit Bearing Learning. The HKU education aims of nurturing students’ ability in intercultural, spread awareness and commitment to global citizenship and prepare students to be leaders and advocates for the improvement of the human condition.
Jobs and Opportunities