- Academic Excellence: Sacred Heart University offers a wide range of educational opportunities across its six distinct colleges and two schools, offering nearly 90 programs in total. For those seeking a global experience, Sacred Heart University provides over 60 study-abroad programs in more than 30 countries.
- Athletics: Sacred Heart University prides itself on its athletic programs. The university's Pioneers field 33 NCAA Division I athletic teams, offering students a wide variety of sports to participate in.
- Learning Opportunities: Sacred Heart University values community engagement and offers numerous opportunities for students to contribute to society. Students have collectively performed over 115,000 hours of community engagement on a global scale.
- Growing Campus: The university boasts an impressive infrastructure, with over 2.5 million square feet of building space. This ensures that students have access to state-of-the-art facilities that support their academic and extracurricular pursuits.
Sacred Heart University
US News Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Sacred Heart University is a private university located in Fairfield, Connecticut. Established in 1936, it holds the distinction of being the first Catholic University in the United States.
The university offers a wide array of academic programs, including over 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and certificate programs. Among the top five undergraduate majors at Sacred Heart University are finance & business economics, exercise science, nursing, marketing, and psychology.
With a total student population of 10,721, Sacred Heart University accommodates a diverse group of learners. This includes 6,277 full-time undergraduate students, 505 part-time undergraduate students, and 3,939 full-time and part-time graduate students.
Top Reasons to Study in the Sacred Heart University
MS in Computer Science and Information Technology
Welch College of Business and Technology
Will you get in?
MS in Business Analytics
Welch College of Business and Technology
Will you get in?
MS in Healthcare Informatics
College of Health Professions
Will you get in?
Cost of Studying at Sacred Heart University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Sacred Heart University
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$50 - $75
How to Apply at Sacred Heart University
- Create an Account: Begin by creating a user account on the Common Application website, which is the platform used for applying to Sacred Heart University.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the application form thoroughly, providing accurate and detailed information about yourself, your academic background, and any relevant experiences.
- Submit Required Documents: Upload all the necessary documents as specified by the university. This typically includes official transcripts from previous educational institutions, certifications, and any additional supporting materials required for your chosen program.
- Standardized Test Scores: If applicable, submit your standardized test scores such as SAT, ACT, GRE, or GMAT. These scores are not required but students can submit if they want.
- English Proficiency Test Scores: International students whose native language is not English must provide English Proficiency Test Scores. Acceptable tests include TOEFL, DET, IELTS, or PTE. Make sure to submit your scores accordingly.
- Review and Submit: Before finalizing your application, review all the provided information to ensure accuracy and completeness. Once you are confident with your application, submit it for consideration.
- Track Your Application: After submission, keep track of your application's progress through the university's online portal. This will allow you to stay informed about any updates or additional requirements.
Documents Required to Apply to Sacred Heart University
- Complete University Transcripts
- Application fee
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation (2-3)
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT)
- English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL/IELTS/DTE/PTE)
- Education consultant Release
- Bank Statement
Exams Accepted By the University
For the year 2023-24, students are required to have the following minimum scores in the exams:
- TOEFL PBT: 550
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- TOEFL Essentials: 8.5
- IELTS 6.5
- Duolingo 110
- PTE: 62
- GTEC: 1200
- VEPT: 5.5
- SAT: 1140
- ACT: 24
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Sacred Heart University
US World and News Report
More rankings for this university
#219 in National Universities 2022 according to U.S. News & World Report.
#401-500 in US College Rankings 2022 according to Times Higher Education.
Secure your seat!
A whopping 8 of every 10 Premium Yocketers are successful in getting an admit!
Premium Yocketer profiles
Shyam Kumar Chittaluru
Computer Science and Information Technology
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Some of the notable alumni who graduated from Sacred Heart University include:
- John Dezso Ratzenberger: American actor, comedian, and director. He is best known for his role as Cliff Clavin on the TV series "Cheers" and his voice to iconic characters such as Hamm in "Toy Story."
- Ramón Colón-López: Senior non-commissioned officer of the United States Air Force and former pararescueman. He served as the 4th Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman (SEAC), providing guidance to the highest-ranking military officer in the United States.
- Michael Pavia: American businessman and former mayor of Stamford, Connecticut. Pavia served as the 30th mayor of Stamford, overseeing various initiatives to enhance the city's economic development and quality of life.
- Jarrid Jamel Frye: American former professional basketball player. He made a significant impact in the world of basketball, demonstrating his talent and dedication to the sport.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Campus Shuttle Services: Free transportation for students, operating 7 days a week between campus, off-campus University Housing sites, and selected service sites.
Car Rides: Convenient transportation options are available through CTrides. Whether you need a ride to a specific destination or prefer carpooling.
Taxi Service: Residents and visitors can rely on the reliable taxi services provided by Yellow Cab and Red Dot. These reputable taxi companies offer transportation solutions for various needs.
Bicycling: Fairfield promotes cycling as an eco-friendly and healthy means of transportation. With designated bike lanes and paths, residents can enjoy safe and scenic rides throughout the town.
Train: Fairfield is well-connected to the Metro North rail line, which stretches from New Haven to New York's Grand Central Terminal. The town boasts three train stations, providing easy access for commuters and travelers.
Services offered by the university
- Academic Programs: Sacred Heart University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various disciplines. These programs include business, nursing, health sciences, computer science, education, social sciences, arts and sciences, and more.
- Admissions: The university provides admissions services to prospective students, including information about academic programs, application guidance, campus tours, and assistance with the admissions process.
- Student Services: Sacred Heart University offers comprehensive student services to support student success and well-being. These services include academic advising, career development, counselling and psychological services, disability support, health services, international student support, and student activities.
- Library and Learning Resources: The Ryan Matura Library at Sacred Heart University provides a wide range of resources, including books, journals, databases, and research assistance. The library also offers study spaces, computer labs, printing services, and access to online resources.
- Campus Facilities: Sacred Heart University has modern campus facilities, including classrooms, laboratories, research centres, libraries, student centres, dining halls, fitness centers, sports facilities, and residential halls.
- Career Development: The university offers career development services to help students and alumni explore career options, develop job search strategies, create resumes and cover letters, practice interview skills, and connect with employers through job fairs and networking events.
Student Life at Sacred Heart University encompasses a vibrant array of opportunities for students to engage in diverse activities and personal growth.
The university's performing arts programs, including Band & Orchestra, Choral, Theatre Arts, and Dance, provide platforms for students to develop and showcase their talents alongside passionate peers and faculty.
Sacred Heart University embraces a thriving Greek community with eight sororities and four fraternities, offering students a supportive and enriching Greek Life experience.
With over 60 student-run clubs and organizations, undergraduates have a wide range of options to explore their interests and passions outside the classroom.
Faith and service are integral to the university's ethos, evident in the meaningful acts of kindness woven into various aspects of student life, from classroom conversations to athletic engagement. Student clubs, organizations, and campus ministry teams all foster a sense of purpose and spiritual growth.
On campus accomodation
Sacred Heart University offers on-campus accommodation. Further, university housing for undergrad students is assured for the complete course. However, only the first and second years of university residence are necessary for the students; after that, they can explore off-campus living facilities.
Residential Halls: Residential Life at SHU offers a student more than just a place where they study and sleep. The residence halls at SHU are either on or close to the campus. Further, it has a living and learning community designed to help students grow in all aspects of their life.
SHU accommodation halls are found on the campus or nearby; they are up-to-date, extremely secure, and provide double or even triple rooms. At Sacred Heart University Living Cost, varied residential halls, the meal plans are mentioned below-
- Premium/Executive: $3,450/ INR 2.80 lakhs
- Big Red: $2,895/ INR 2.35 lakhs
- Pioneer: $2,185/ INR 1.77 lakhs
- Red and White: $1,250/ INR 1.01 lakhs
- Jefferson: $300/ INR 24,416
- Black Rock: $625/ INR 50,867
Jobs and Opportunities