- In 2021, the RCA gave EUR 500,000 (Rs. 4,12,00,000) from its operating surplus as financial aid to support fees for individuals from under-represented communities.
- The college has courses ranging from Architecture, Communication, Desing, Fine Arts, Humanities, and Materials and offers 24 different programs.
- The Royal College of Art (RCA) has been ranked the number 1 university for art & design internationally for six straight years according to the QS World University Rankings by the subject since 2020, which is the most extensive worldwide survey of academic and industry opinion.
- The institute provides several scholarships to eligible candidates who demonstrate academic qualifications.
Royal College of Art
Established in 1837, the Royal College of Art is the world’s most renowned art and design university in constant operation, with a custom of innovation and excellence in arts education.
The Royal College of Art offers 40 postgraduate programs - including a Master's, Ph.D., and Graduate Diploma. The Royal College of Art was ranked 1st for Art and Design Courses by QS world rankings 2022.
The range of disciplines offered at the Royal College of Arts, London is based on a solid foundation of practice-based research. It integrates STEAM subjects - Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics - providing a unique and transformative experience.
Top Reasons to Study in the Royal College of Art
MA in Design Products
School of Design
MA in Innovation Design Engineering
School of Design
MA in Visual Communication
School of Communication
Cost of Studying at Royal College of Art
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Admissions at The Royal College of Art
How to Apply at Royal College of Art
- Apply via the online application process portal
- Submit the required documents
- Submit art portfolios
- Submit language proficiency test results
Documents Required to Apply to Royal College of Art
- Academic transcripts
- Visa approvals
- Art Portfolio according to the college set format
- Academic Recommendation
Exams Accepted By Royal College of Art
There is no specific admission fee that the college specifies. However, it is undoubtedly challenging to enroll in college due to the high competition.
The RCA Application consists of two stages:
- The Prospective RCA Student needs to submit the information
- The applicant must submit the portfolio, a short self-introduction video, and references.
English Proficiency Requirements
English Proficiency Test Scores are one of the minimum requirements for international students for RCA Admissions. These are as follows:
Trinity ISE Level II
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Royal College of Art
More rankings for this university
The Royal College of Art has won the QS 1st rank for six consecutive years for art and design. Apart from that, the other rankings of the college are as follows:
- Top Academic Institutions the Royal College of Art achieves 3501.
- Latest Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities ranked the Royal College of Arts at 2863.
Students Royal College of Art
Premium Yocketer profiles
Innovation Design Engineering
Arts and Humanities
Alumni at Royal College of Art
Some alumni benefits are Degree letters, Professional Development classes, LSW Discounts, Invitation to college events, Alumni networking, and access to Publications and libraries. The University has produced some noteworthy alumni, creating major success in their fields of interest.
- David Hockney – British Painter
- Yvonne McGuinness – Visual Artist
- Bridget Riley – Fine Art Artist
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for Royal College of Art
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Royal College of Art provides free shuttle services to all the students studying at the institutions. These shuttle buses run from Kensington (Jay Mews) to Battersea (Dyson Building, Hester Road) and Lambeth (The Workshop, Lambeth High Street) between 1 and 5 pm every day.
Services offered by the university
- The college has well-maintained woodwork, metal fabrication, engineering, plastics making, and a resin and molding studio.
- Digital making facilities support subtractive manufacturing in laser cutting, CNC machining, and plasma cutting.
- Facilities in the Ceramics and Glass wing include areas for hot glass making, cold glass working, kiln forming, plaster model and mold making, plastic clay making, and clay and glaze development.
- The college stores sell a variety of graphics, art, fabric, and haberdashery supplies, wood and acrylic, stationery, and paper, as well as free hire of tools and ladders.
- The design institution at RCA also has a variety of photography, animation, and moving-image studios that provide filming, lighting, and sound spaces.
- The library at the college consists of over 70,000 books on art and design and other complementary subjects reflecting the full range of diversity of art and literature of fine arts.
Student life at Royal College of Art
- The Student Union at the Royal College of Arts organizes various art-related fests annually.
- The Smart Zones across the College include training rooms and open-access computer areas. The technical spaces here showcase a variety of software and digital processes, including group and 1:1 sessions with technologists.
- Student Support offers confidential help and practical support at any point.
- Mental health support is flexibly provided to students in a remote and physical environment.
On campus accomodation at Royal College of Art
No, on-campus accommodation is not provided by the Royal College of Arts for the students studying in the institution.
Royal College of Art Campuses
The college has three campuses: Battersea, Kensington, and White City.
- The RCA Battersea campus houses Ceramics and Glass, Painting, Contemporary Art Practice, etc. It also hosts several art exhibitions and events. It was also provided with funding in 2016 by the UK Government to develop a new campus building.
- The Kensington Campus, located in Albertopolis in London, is surrounded by the Imperial College and Victoria and Albert Museum on both sides. It is home to the School of Architecture, Design, Arts and Humanities programs and the RCA library. It also has Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park in its vicinity.
- The White City campus is the newest addition to the RCA. Opened in 2017, Located in the BBC Media Village, it offers graduate diploma programs in Art & Design, houses the School of Communication, and research programs in Communication Design. It also has several art studios, technical spaces, and workshops that cater to students’ needs.
Jobs and Opportunities