Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is the largest University in the state of Saxony-Anhalt. One of Germany's oldest institutions of higher learning, the University has been educating people since its founding in 1502.
260 bachelor's and master's level courses are offered by the 10 diverse faculties of the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg. This University enrolls more than 2,100 international students, which speaks much about its variety and security. The University has worked with renowned research organizations worldwide, including the Max Planck Society, the Fraunhofer Society, the Leibniz Association, and many more. Additionally, the University has worked on study programs and team research projects with 200 other higher education institutions worldwide.
Top Reasons to Study in the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
The University is home to cutting-edge laboratories and research centers, drawing students and researchers eager to pursue projects in highly intellectual disciplines.
- Martin Luther University keeps up with the most recent developments in science, ensuring that graduates will have a high degree of flexibility throughout their academic careers and professional lives.
- MLU strongly encourages interdisciplinary study. Scientific centers for interdisciplinary research are a crucial aspect of the University.
- The University's multidisciplinary focus is crucial to its future reputation as an international graduate program.
- MLU has contracts governing its collaborations with 34 foreign universities and research institutions. There are also numerous agreements for cooperation with foreign partners at the departmental, faculty, and institutional levels.
Various Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg scholarships are also offered to deserving students based on their academic merit and other extra-curricular activities. Some of the most prominent Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg scholarships for international students are mentioned below:
International students may apply for the FMSH Research Scholarships For Short Stay In France, a Partial Funding grant provided by the Foundation House of Human Sciences (FMSH). The scholarship's worth comprises travel, living, and other expenses. This award is transferable to partner universities in France and Germany.
SCAR Fellowships in Antarctic Research 2021
The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) offers international students the SCAR Fellowships in Antarctic Research 2021 partial funding scholarship.
You can use this Ph.D. and Post Doc grant to further your studies in Antarctic research. Each award has a price tag of 15,000 euros (12,45,870 INR). This scholarship is available in all SCAR member nations.
HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
The Hong Kong Arts Development Council (ADC) provides overseas students with the HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships, a full funding award. The following students qualify for this scholarship: Which is open to applicants worldwide.
Students can use this master's scholarship to study curating, marketing, communication, research, and analysis in the arts, as well as business development and entrepreneurship. Each scholarship has a potential value of up to 40,000 euros (33,22,320 INR)
Masters in Polymer Materials Science
Faculty of Natural Sciences Ii
Masters in Renewables
Faculty of Natural Sciences Ii
Masters in Agricultural Science
Faculty of Natural Sciences Iii
Cost of Studying at Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
How to Apply at Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
- Signed application form.
- Proof of compliance with subject-specific entry requirements, such as evidence of an aptitude test, a language certificate, or other prerequisites.
- Official certified copy of university entrance qualification, typically an Abitur certificate.
- A written and signed SEPA direct debit mandate or proof of semester fees paid;
- Evidence of health insurance
Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg Application fee: An application fee of 75 Euros (non-refundable) is required before submitting the application form
Check: Education system in Germany
Documents Required to Apply to Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
- Application for admission – completed, printed, and signed
- Complete CV/Resume
- A letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendations
- Copy of passport
- Health insurance certificates
- Additional course-wise requirements
- Certified copy of your university entrance qualification
- Certified copies of high school/university transcripts
- Certified translation of all transcripts in English or German
Exams Accepted By Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
International applicants must demonstrate English and German proficiency documents to be considered for the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg admission and to receive a student visa from studying in the European region. IELTS, DSH, Goethe certificate, and other relevant scores are accepted as proof of English proficiency at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg. The minimum Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg eligibility requirements needed to be considered for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions are listed below:
Minimum scores required
Minimum scores required
At least 4 points in
At least 4 points in
Telc German Hochschule
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
US World and News Report
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
Students Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
Premium Yocketer profiles
Polymer Materials Science
Tiago De LimaShortlisted
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg has a wide-ranging alumni network that spans the entire world, including numerous well-known figures in various professions. George Frideric Handel, a composer, Kurt Schumacher, a German politician, Hans-Dietrich Genscher, a former foreign minister of Germany, Anton Wilhelm Amo, the first African student to receive a degree in Germany, and many other well-known individuals studied at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Reviews for Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
1. What is the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg's acceptance rate?
The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg's acceptance rate for international students is 55%, making it competitive and selective.
2. What is the average tuition fee at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg for international students?
Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg tuition fees is almost null, implying that the University charges no tuition fees to all its students. You will have to provide evidence to the German Embassy in your home country or the alien registration authority on how you intend to finance your stay (Finanzierungsnachweis).
3. What are the minimum Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg GPA requirements?
Admission to the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg is quite tough. To confirm your application, the minimum Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg GPA requirement is 3 on a scale of 5. Also, please remember that confirmation does not guarantee a specific seat.
4. What is the deadline for applying to the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg?
The last date for applying to the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg lies around 30 June each year. The exact date varies depending on several factors.
5. What is the average cost of living at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg?
The average cost of living at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg is approximately 600-800 Euros (50,000-66,000 INR) per month. For miscellaneous and personal expenses, the charges may vary from person to person.