- The university works according to the merit system, which helps in stimulating motivation to work and also generates a feeling of solidarity between both the members and associates. It creates pride in what has already been achieved.The university places importance on equality that is conducive to the social and ecological harmony. The university is dedicated to the concept of the inclusion of all the people, independent of their ethnic, or religious origins.
- The programs are at the center of the activities at HTW Dresden. Instructional lectures in individual support and a schedule enable the program to be completed. Transfer of the methodical knowledge takes place based on scientific knowledge, and the combination of career and family is important to the students as it is to the employees.
- The study programs at the university are completed with regular employment and the requirements of the practice partners are fulfilled. There is a high degree of internship time and the internships at the participating companies enable the graduates to start their careers. Professional development activities promote a love of learning. Personal bonds are also developed throughout the program which is fostered by the alumni network.
- HTW Dresden scholarships include the Avicenna Studienwerk, the Career Advancement Scholarship, and Böckler-Aktion Bildung.
Average Living Expenses
Established in 1992, HTW Dresden is the second-largest university in the state of Saxony. Economics, design, and 'green' disciplines constitute the four main pillars that the 42 diploma bachelor's, and master's degree programs in electrical engineering, informatics, machine engineering, and business administration are based on.
HTW Dresden has 5000 students and the programs include subjects that are unique to postsecondary education such as agriculture, horticulture, environmental monitoring and analysis, geoinformatics, and surveying and cartography. The university integrates the disciplines successfully and generates a synergistic effect. It is manageable to facilitate personal dialogue in the individual courses.
Top Reasons to Study in the HTW Dresden
MEng in Environmental Engineering
Faculty Of Civil Engineering
MA in International Management
Faculty of Business Administration
Cost of Studying at HTW Dresden
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Admissions at The HTW Dresden
How to Apply at HTW Dresden
- Fill out the application form.
- Enter all the relevant details.
- Enter the course of your choice.
- Pay the application fees.
Note: HTW Dresden application fee is Euro 75( INR 6,141 ).
Documents Required to Apply to HTW Dresden
The requirements for admission vary according to the different departments, all the HTW Dresden international students must submit the following documents:
- A statement of purpose is not required.
- A letter of recommendation is not required.
- Essays are not required.
- CV is not required.
- Additional documents are required.
Exams Accepted By HTW Dresden
For admission, specific HTW Dresden admission requirements must be met:
English Proficiency Requirements
Students seeking HTW Dresden Eligibility Requirements must score the following marks on the English Proficiency Test:
English Proficiency Test
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Students HTW Dresden
Premium Yocketer profiles
Alumni at HTW Dresden
The University has a strong network of notable alumni including Michael Kretschmer(German politician of the) Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and Katja Beer(German biathlete) who competed in the women's event at the 1998 Winter Olympics.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for HTW Dresden
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The transit lines have routes and pass near HTW Dresden including buses 61,66,68, train S1, S2, and light rail 11.
Services offered by the university
- The university has a main campus which is located in the heart of Dresden at Friedrich-List-Platz and another campus located in Pillnitz. Both the study locations are accessible by public transport.
- Saxon Switzerland National Park is famous. The students can get on the S-Bahn and drive for half an hour. The Saxon Switzerland National Park with its natural gorges and sandstone cliffs is a natural area.
- The coolest district located in Dresden is the Neustadt. The people party at night and also they sit in the cafes during the day. The students can eat well, drink beer comfortably and shop successfully.
Student life at HTW Dresden
- Dresden is green and always on the move. The students can cycle and skate on the Elbe or in the Great Garden. It is worth walking in Dresden.
- The Dresden University Sports Center is the right place for the students. Even in the summer slump, the university offers students all kinds of sports courses. There are courses lasting for weeks.
- Healthy networking is a good opportunity to try out the cheap recipes in the kitchens of Dresden companies and also to network with the economy. Some recipes have been tested on the site.
- The TK health coach supports the students with online courses, recipes, and also with their program. The best thing is that the students can use the app for one year free of charge. The code is available on OPAL.
On campus accomodation at HTW Dresden
Accommodation is provided in the International Guest House for students from the German and foreign universities who need accommodation in Dresden due to internship or part-time studies or similar.
- Basic amenities like bed, table, kitchen equipment,chair and desk are available.
- 24/7 WiFi facilities are available.
Jobs and Opportunities