- German International University is a state-recognized university with international accreditation from ECTS.
- German International University provides dual degree programs in its various MSc, BSc, and PhD courses
- German International University scholarship program provides student fellowship and scholarships to academically bright students every year. GIU offers scholarships with an average tuition fee of 3,715 EUR (3,01,078 INR).
German International University in Berlin
Average Living Expenses
German International University was founded in 2018. It is a state-recognized university in Berlin, Germany. GIU focuses on research and practical-based teaching. In addition, German International University offers various internationally accredited programs in technical science. GIU is a non-profit university established according to the state law in Berlin. The institute provides different master's, bachelor's, and doctorate programs. Students can choose among popular German International University courses: Media Engineering technology, Information Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Architecture Engineering, Civil Engineering, Management, Design, Finance, Product Design, etc.
A total of 1,000 students at German International University from different countries are admitted to master's, bachelor's, and doctorate courses. Moreover, 200 German International University international students on campus are from 93 different countries around the globe. In addition, GIU also offers summer degree and double degree programs in various disciplines.
Top Reasons to Study in the German International University in Berlin
Cost of Studying at German International University in Berlin
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Admissions at The German International University in Berlin
How to Apply at German International University in Berlin
- Apply online through the application portal of the University's official website
- Select desired course
- Fill in all of the necessary details
- Write a statement of purpose
- Fill in educational background details
- Submit the application form
- Pay the required application fees
Note: German International University application fee is 80 EUR (6,477 INR) for all its courses.
Application portal: University official website
Documents Required to Apply to German International University in Berlin
- Secondary or high school diploma from any government recognized school or college
- Bachelor's degree (for master's students only)
- Birth Certificate copy
- English Language proficiency test report
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Acceptance letter from the University
- Documents translated into German or English
- Resume, CV
- Financial documents
- Copy of passport
- Medical, and other insurance documents
Exams Accepted By the University
German International University requirements for international students vary considerably for all its courses. Therefore, interested students are advised to review GIU eligibility requirements before submitting their application:
IELTS: 6.0 overall band
IELTS: 6.0 overall band
IELTS: 6.0 overall band
English Proficiency Requirement
For German International University admission in any courses, applicants must score a certain mark on the English proficiency test. Check the below-given table to understand the German International University admission criteria and English proficiency test scores.
English proficiency test
Minimum Eligibility score
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Premium Yocketer profiles
The university has a large alumni network and famous people from different fields are a part of the alumni list of the institute. In addition, the university offers various alumni meets and interaction facilities to maintain the proper communication between all the alumnis.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
German International University has different transportation services. Students can reach the university with the nearest train or bus services. In addition, students can take the nearest bus using the U-Borsigwerke and U-Bahn line 6, which provide regularly scheduled transportation to the campus at affordable rates.
Services offered by the university
- Students can enjoy the high-tech German International University campus. The university has all the basic amenities, including well-equipped classrooms, orientation facilities, an auditorium, study rooms, high-tech labs for research, a cafeteria and recreation lounge, a copying and printing station, etc.
- Students can use the on-campus library, which has a collection of over a hundred journals, both paper-based and electronic, related to research, design, finance, management, science, technology etc.
- German International University campus provides students with medical support by helping them in liaising medical insurance and hospital and best doctors in the city.
- Students can access the on-campus PC pool or swimming area at any time of the day. In addition, the campus provides parking and sports facilities to all its students.
- Students can use the multi-purpose gym at the university. In addition, the institute allows students to participate in college clubs, workshops, and various extracurricular activities.
On campus accomodation
German International University campus does not provide on-campus accommodation facilities for its students. But the university helps its students find suitable off-campus accommodation options.
Students choose between flats, studio apartments, or shared or private rooms, depending on their budget and needs.
Jobs and Opportunities