- Academic excellence: Florida Atlantic University is a top-ranked public university, and its academic programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
- Diversity: Florida Atlantic University is a diverse university, with students from all over the world. The university's student body is 30% international students, and the university offers more than 100 student organizations that represent different cultures and backgrounds.
- Location: Florida Atlantic University is located in beautiful South Florida, just minutes from the beach. The university's main campus is in Boca Raton, and it also has campuses in Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach, and Jupiter. South Florida is a great place to live and learn, with warm weather, beautiful beaches, and a variety of cultural attractions.
- Cost: Florida Atlantic University is a public university, so tuition is relatively affordable.
- Student life: Florida Atlantic University has a vibrant student life, with a variety of clubs, organizations, and activities. The university offers more than 400 student organizations, and there are always things to do on campus and in the surrounding area.
- Research opportunities: Florida Atlantic University is a research-intensive university, and students have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research projects. The university has more than 100 research centers and institutes, and students can work with faculty on a variety of research projects.
- Career preparation: Florida Atlantic University offers a variety of career preparation resources, including career counseling, internships, and job placement assistance. The university's Career Center helps students find internships and jobs, and it also offers a variety of workshops and seminars on career development.
Florida Atlantic University
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is a public research university with its main campus in Boca Raton, Florida, USA. The university serves more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students across six campuses located along the southeast Florida coast.
Florida Atlantic University was founded in 1961 and is a member of the State University System of Florida. The university offers more than 170 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. Florida Atlantic University's academic programs are organized into six colleges:
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- The College of Business
- The College of Engineering and Computing
- The College of Education
- The Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
- The Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Florida Atlantic University is a large and diverse university, with students from all over the world. The university is also home to a number of research centers and institutes, including the Florida Atlantic University Brain Institute, the Florida Atlantic University Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute, and the Florida Atlantic University Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law. Florida Atlantic University is a member of the NCAA Division I Atlantic Sun Conference and competes in 18 varsity sports. The university's athletic teams are known as the Owls.
What is the acceptance rate at Florida Atlantic University?
Florida Atlantic University acceptance rate is 78% and the acceptance rate for international students at Florida Atlantic University is 30%. The tuition fees for international students at Florida Atlantic University vary depending on the program of study and the number of credit hours. For the 2022-2023 academic year, the tuition fees for international undergraduate students are as follows:
- Undergraduate: $19,488 (1,597,591 INR) per year for full-time students and $7,832 (642,053 INR) per year for part-time students.
- Graduate: $20,536 (1,683,504 INR) per year for full-time students and $8,512 (697,798 INR) per year for part-time students.
In addition to tuition, international students are also responsible for paying a number of other fees, including:
- Health insurance: $1,668 (136,740 INR) per year.
- Technology fee: $280 (22,954 INR) per year.
- Student activity fee: $250 (20,494 INR) per year.
International students are also required to pay a one-time application fee of $30 (2,459 INR).
The total cost of attendance for international students at Florida Atlantic University can vary depending on the program of study, the number of credit hours, and the student's lifestyle choices. However, the average cost of attendance is estimated to be around $40,000 (3,279,128 INR) per year.
Florida Atlantic University is ranked #1201-1400 in the QS World University Rankings 2023. It is also ranked #263 in the U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2022.
Top Reasons to Study in the Florida Atlantic University
MS in Computer Science
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Will you get in?
MS in Data Science and Analytics
College of business
Will you get in?
MS in Information Technology and Management
College of business
Will you get in?
Cost of Studying at Florida Atlantic University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Florida Atlantic University
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$24 - $30
How to Apply at Florida Atlantic University
- Visit the Florida Atlantic University Admissions website* and create an account.**
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee.
- Submit your official high school transcripts.
- Submit your SAT or ACT scores.
- Submit english proficiency test scores.
- Write a personal statement.
- Submit letters of recommendation.
- Submit your financial aid information.
*International students applying for their first year in college can use the Common App
**International students interested in transferring to Florida Atlantic University or earning their second bachelor’s degree can apply using the Florida Atlantic University Application.
Documents Required to Apply to Florida Atlantic University
- Official high school transcripts: You will need to submit official transcripts from your high school(s). These transcripts should be sent directly from your school to Florida Atlantic University.
- SAT or ACT scores: You will need to submit your SAT or ACT scores to Florida Atlantic University. These scores can be sent directly from the testing agencies or you can self-report them.
- Personal statement: The personal statement is an important part of your application. This is your chance to tell Florida Atlantic University why you want to attend the university and what you hope to achieve.
- Letters of recommendation: You will need to submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other professionals who know you well.
- Financial aid information: If you are applying for financial aid, you will need to submit your FAFSA form.
- English Proficiency: If you are an international student, you will need to submit proof of English proficiency. This can be done by submitting your TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Exams Accepted By Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University accepts the following exams for credit:
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams are offered in a variety of subjects, and they can be used to earn credit for college courses. AP exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 5, and the minimum score required for credit at Florida Atlantic University varies depending on the course.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) exams are also offered in a variety of subjects, and they can be used to earn credit for college courses. IB exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 7, and the minimum score required for credit at Florida Atlantic University varies depending on the course.
- SAT Subject Tests are offered in a variety of subjects, and they can be used to earn credit for college courses. SAT Subject Tests are scored on a scale of 200 to 800, and the minimum score required for credit at Florida Atlantic University varies depending on the course.
- TOEFL is a standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native speakers. The TOEFL score required for admission to Florida Atlantic University varies depending on the program.
- IELTS is another standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native speakers. The IELTS score required for admission to Florida Atlantic University varies depending on the program.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Florida Atlantic University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is a public research university located in Boca Raton, Florida. It was founded in 1961 and has over 30,000 students. Florida Atlantic University is ranked #1201-1400 in the QS World University Rankings 2023 and #1088 in the U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2023.
Students Florida Atlantic University
Premium Yocketer profiles
Sai Siddhartha Parvathaneni
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at Florida Atlantic University
Some notable alumni of Florida Atlantic University:
- Ralph de la Vega: Former Vice Chairman of AT&T Inc. and CEO of AT&T Business Solutions and AT&T International.
- Christopher McKay: Planetary scientist at NASA Ames Research Center, studying planetary atmospheres, astrobiology, and terraforming.
- Yolanda Griffith: Former WNBA player and two-time champion.
- Mark Zupan: CEO and co-founder of FreshDirect.
- Fern "Peachy" Kellmeyer: Former professional tennis player and coach.
- Carmen Cali: Former professional baseball player.
- Tim Harikkala: Former professional baseball player.
- Tommy Murphy: Former professional baseball player.
- Robert Orr: President and CEO of Boeing Japan.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for Florida Atlantic University
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
There are many ways to get around the city of Boca Raton, Florida, where Florida Atlantic University is located. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Public transportation: Palm Tran is the bus system that serves Boca Raton and the surrounding area. There are several bus stops located near Florida Atlantic University's main campus, and the buses can take you to many different destinations in the city.
- Tri-Rail: Tri-Rail is a commuter rail system that connects Boca Raton with other cities in South Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach. The Tri-Rail station is located just a few blocks from Florida Atlantic University's main campus, and it is a convenient way to get to and from the city.
- Taxis and ride-hailing services: Taxis and ride-hailing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are also available in Boca Raton. These services can be a convenient way to get around the city, but they can also be expensive.
- Biking and walking: Boca Raton is a relatively bike-friendly city, and there are several bike paths located near Florida Atlantic University's main campus. Biking and walking are great ways to get around the city, and they are also a great way to get some exercise.
Services offered by the university
Florida Atlantic University offers a wide range of services to its students, faculty, and staff. Here are some of the most notable services offered by Florida Atlantic University:
- Academic advising: Florida Atlantic University offers academic advising to all students, both undergraduate and graduate. Academic advisors can help students choose courses, plan their degree programs, and make sure they are on track to graduate.
- Career services: Florida Atlantic University offers career services to help students find jobs and internships. Career counselors can help students with their resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Financial aid: Florida Atlantic University offers financial aid to help students pay for their education. Financial aid can come in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study programs.
- Student health services: Florida Atlantic University offers student health services to all students. Student health services include a clinic, a pharmacy, and a counseling center.
- Housing: Florida Atlantic University offers housing to all students. There are several different types of housing available, including residence halls, apartments, and houses.
- Food services: Florida Atlantic University offers food services to all students. There are several different dining halls on campus, as well as a variety of restaurants and cafes.
- Transportation: Florida Atlantic University offers transportation services to all students. There are several bus routes that run on campus, and there is also a free shuttle that runs between the main campus and the John D. MacArthur Campus.
- Recreation: Florida Atlantic University offers a variety of recreational services to all students. There are several athletic facilities on campus, as well as a recreation center with a pool, a gym, and a variety of fitness classes.
Student life at Florida Atlantic University
Some of the things that students can do to get involved in student life at Florida Atlantic University:
- Join a club or organization: Florida Atlantic University has over 400 student clubs and organizations, so there is sure to be something for everyone. Clubs and organizations offer a great way to meet new people, get involved on campus, and pursue your interests.
- Attend sporting events: Florida Atlantic University has a variety of athletic teams, including football, basketball, baseball, and softball. Sporting events are a great way to show school spirit, cheer on the Owls, and have some fun.
- Go to concerts and shows: Florida Atlantic University hosts a variety of concerts and shows throughout the year. These events are a great way to see your favorite artists and bands, and they are also a great way to meet new people.
- Get involved in the arts: Florida Atlantic University has a vibrant arts scene, with a variety of art galleries, museums, and theaters. Getting involved in the arts is a great way to explore your creativity, learn new skills, and meet new people.
- Volunteer in the community: Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, meet new people, and learn new skills. Florida Atlantic University has a variety of volunteer opportunities available, so you can find something that interests you.
On campus accomodation at Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University (FAU) provides on-campus accommodation options to cater to the housing needs of its students. These accommodations offer convenience, a sense of community, and easy access to campus facilities. Here is some information about on-campus accommodation at FAU:
- Residence Halls: FAU offers residence halls that provide a vibrant and engaging living environment for students. These halls offer various room types, including single rooms, double rooms, and suites. The weekly charges for on-campus accommodation range, depending on the room type and amenities.
- Amenities and Facilities: On-campus accommodations at FAU are equipped with essential amenities to ensure students' comfort. These may include furnished rooms, study areas, common lounges, laundry facilities, high-speed internet, and 24/7 security.
- Residence Life Programs: FAU's on-campus accommodations provide a range of residence life programs and activities to promote a sense of community and foster student engagement. These programs include social events, workshops, and opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Location: The on-campus accommodations are strategically located within close proximity to classrooms, libraries, dining facilities, and recreational areas, ensuring that students have easy access to campus resources.
Jobs and Opportunities