- Students have the option to select courses based on their areas of interest thanks to the range of offerings. In addition to being led by knowledgeable academic members, students are also taken on tours of businesses.
- The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities' accreditation covers the entire university.
- One of Canada's top college sports complexes is located on the Capilano University campus in North Vancouver.
- Capilano University scholarships are also available for deserving students in the form of aid and grants.
British Columbia, Canada
Established in 1968
Established in 1968
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
On the North Shore Mountains in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Capilano University, also known as CapU, a public university with a teaching-focused mission, offers programs that also benefit the Sea-to-Sky Corridor and the Sunshine Coast. Approximately 12,700 students are enrolled at Capilano University each year, including 2,500 foreign students from 80 different countries and 9,000 students in credit-bearing programs. Capilano University Courses are provided through dual degree and undergraduate degree programs.
Top Reasons to Study in the Capilano University
Cost of Studying at Capilano University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Capilano University
How to Apply at Capilano University
Capilano University International students can submit an online application form via the university’s common applications. To get started with the Capilano University admission process, applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's common applications and create an account
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Pay the Capilano University fees
Note: The Capilano University application fee is 135 CAD (8,238 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to Capilano University
- Academic Credentials
- Letter of Recommendation
- Medical Certificate
- Financial Proof
- Copy of Valid Passport
Exams Accepted By the University
Capilano University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. So, before starting the application process, candidates should thoroughly check the course prerequisites.
Minimum Score Required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
BBA in Business Administration
BA in Psychology
Diploma in Business Administration
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Students who purchase a U-Pass BC have discounted access to West Coast Express as well as Metro Vancouver's bus, SeaBus, and SkyTrain services. The first bus to North Vancouver's Capilano University is 211.
Services offered by the university
The Capilano University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favorable to learning.
- The Capilano University Campus has a tranquil atmosphere and is surrounded by beautiful, vegetated areas. The facility is renowned for offering all the amenities needed by the students.
- There are hundreds of books, periodicals, and research papers in the campus library.
- The campus is close to a large number of cafes, eateries, general stores, and chemist shops. The students face no inconveniences.
- The campus has excellent facilities, including large study centers, several multimedia centers, modern lecture halls, high-tech laboratories, IT facilities, and ample social areas.
In 1973, the main Capilano University campus welcomed its first group of learners. CapU has four campuses where it conducts business. British Columbia's Tszil Learning Center of Capilano Universities address is at the Llwat Nation in Mount Currie, while the main campus is in North Vancouver. Regional campuses are also located in Sechelt (on the Sunshine Coast), CapU Lonsdale, and the North Shore.
- At CapU, there are numerous possibilities to get active outside of the classroom. Take part in a committee, publish an article in the school paper, attend a play, and more.
- The campus organizes every festival, event, competition, and quiz that the university holds.
- Students can take part in a range of cultural activities at Capilano University. Depending on their interests, they can also join a range of student organizations.
- The Capilano University cost of living is Starting at just $1,195 per month including your meals, your residence fees include a fully furnished room with a bed, storage, desk, chair and closet, unlimited high-speed wireless Internet, and access to laundry, washrooms and showers, as well as dedicated lounge and study spaces.
On campus accomodation
The residences at CapU are all living off-campus accomodations.
- All students are welcome to live in one of CapU's three residence halls. They are Seymour Hall, Grouse Hall, and Cypress Hall.
- To ensure that all students, disabled or not, can access the apartments, CapU is continually improving them.
- Since all shared housing is only single-gender, there are no particular accommodations for LGBTQ students; however, CapU aims to provide all students with comfortable and secure lodging through the details they provide when applying for housing.
University Faculty Stats
The student-to-faculty ratio at the university is 25:1. The School has talented and skilled professors who collaborate with students to help them achieve excellence.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
We are developing an intellectually stimulating atmosphere where educators and students actively contribute to reinventing methods of perceiving and interacting with the world by supporting and participating in research. Individual, group, multi-, and trans-disciplinary scholarly work, as well as student research, are all supported by Capilano University.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Capilano University helps the students to find internships and plan their careers based on their skills and knowledge. It also advises students on appropriate career pathways and fields relating to specific majors, as well as numerous on and off-campus activities.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The majority of CapU graduates find jobs, with an employment rate of 89% and an average salary of 45,000 CAD. The average salary earned by graduates is 11,993,036 JPY (6,951,791 INR) per year.
2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3H5, Canada