- The University offers 47 graduate research programs, foundations degrees, Top-Up degrees, short courses, CPD programs, and Post-registration health & social care professionals programs. Top-up degrees enable students to level up their existing degrees, such as HND or Foundation programs to a bachelor's degree.
- Some Bournemouth University Courses are also offered as distance learning.
- Various Bournemouth University Entrance Scholarships and tuition fee discounts are also available for international graduate students.
- The scholarship fee discount amounts to 3,500 GBP. A student must apply to BU with a minimum of an upper second-class Honors degree from a United Kingdom university or equivalent to qualify for this scholarship.
- The Bournemouth University Postgraduation Employment Rate is 93.3%. The rest of the students get enrolled for further studies.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Established in 1992
Established in 1992
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Bournemouth University is one of the top leading universities in the United Kingdom. It offers 116 undergraduate programs and 100 master's degrees to national and international students. Bournemouth University International Students has an annual strength of about 2,600 students from over 120 countries.
The University plays its imminent part in contributing to the local economy, providing over £1 million per day to the South West region. The University employed 1,800 staff and invested £250 million in the buildings, IT, and facilities between 2012 and 2020.
Top Reasons to Study in the Bournemouth University
Cost of Studying at Bournemouth University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Bournemouth University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
- According to the QS ranking, the University ranks in the top 751-800 universities.
- According to the United States Report, the University stands at 415-500th rank.
- Under the Center for World University Rankings, the University stands at 500.
Admissions at The Bournemouth University
How to Apply at Bournemouth University
- Fill out the application form on the online portal.
- Fill in the necessary details required.
- Submit the required documents.
Documents Required to Apply to Bournemouth University
- Academic Certificates
- Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- Recognition of Prior Experience learning
- Test Results
Exams Accepted By the University
There are different sets of requirements for undergraduate and graduate courses. However, the University does not mention any SAT or ACT requirements. The application fee is 20-26 GBP (Rs. 2000-Rs. 2500).
English Proficiency Tests
This test is required by applicants whose first language is not English. Bournemouth University Students need to incur the following scores in the English proficiency tests to get admission into Bournemouth University.
Undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Research Degree Programs
There is no admission fee required for postgraduate programs
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
MSc in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
MSc in Information Technology
MSc in Management with Human Resources
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Bournemouth University follows the sustainable travel model. It promotes traveling via cycles and walking on the pathways for commutation within the campus.
The Bournemouth University Transportation also has its bus services. However, students have to pay for those services. Students have unlimited access to bus services at £260 (Rs. 25,000), an annual period pass for traveling in the A zone of the campus.
Services offered by the university
- BU Students have access to various online and offline library resources.
- Languages@BU is a great initiation for students.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Centre, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Financial Support, Depression, Disability and Additional Learning Support, and many more student life development services are available on campus.
- Students can be a part of various Music Teams, Sports Teams, and Art Exhibitions.
- BU students can access many IT facilities, tools, services, and support.
- Students can access the Medical Centre, Faith & Reflection service, and SportBU.
- Bournemouth University students have access to more than 70 clubs and societies.
- Boasting 11 km of Golden Sandy Beaches, students can take advantage of a truly global destination.
- Students can enjoy a full calendar of special events, like Candlelit Nights and Traditional Nights.
- There are over 30 sports clubs at BU, with 22 being performance sports such as Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, etc. Also, 60 female and male sports teams are open to all students at the institution.
- The dedicated Student Wellbeing service is in partnership with University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
On campus accomodation
Yes, on-campus Bournemouth University Accommodation is available for the students.
On-Campus Accommodation Description
- Bournemouth University operates with two campuses at Talbot and Lansdowne. Both of them are located within Bournemouth city.
- Bournemouth University provides accessible housing for students with special needs as far as they are eligible under the BU accommodation guarantee standard.
- Provided at BU are 12 residential housings available to graduate and undergraduate students in styles of standard, studio, premium, value, and bungalow designed as ensuite and non-ensuite.
On-Campus Accommodation Facilities & Amenities
- General facilities include laundry, Wi-Fi, bike storage, gym, communal areas, standard rooms, study rooms, content insurance, CCTV security, ironing board, and microwave.
- Short-term accommodations are provided at BU by third-party services such as Gumtree, Homestay, Spareroom, and Airbnb. Moreover, the University offers minimal accommodation for families and couples.
- Bournemouth University's Student Union, SUBU, makes as many as 130 societies and clubs available to students.
- Sports Hall, Dance Studio, Reception, Fitness Studio, Strength and Conditioning Suite, etc. are various sports facilities at the University
- Catering services cost around £207.67/week (Rs. 19,000).
University Faculty Stats
Bournemouth University Faculty comprises a total of 818 members, both working part-time and full-time.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
The University helps students secure research projects outside the campus to help them gain industry research experience. It allows its students to conduct independent research under the guidance of renowned faculties. The students can benefit from various Bournemouth University Research Opportunities.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Popular internship companies and permanent employers of BU students include Intel, JP Morgan, John Lewis, Microsoft, and Disney. Moreover, through the Careers and Employability Service, weekly career workshops and internships are made available to all students to aid them in their careers.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
According to DHLE, in 2017, 91% of BU graduates at the graduate level had a job or were in further studies six months after graduation.
- As Emolument reported, BU graduates who work in the financial services sector earn an average of 96,000 GBP (Rs. 91,75,000) per annum.
- Masters graduates from BU earn 78,400 GBP (Rs. 75,00,000) each year on average, according to Emolument.
- Payscale states that BU graduates earn a yearly average salary of 29,221 GBP (Rs. 28,00,000).
Bournemouth University, Fern Barrow, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5BB, United Kingdom