- The Berlin Senate Department of Education, Youth, and Science has acknowledged Berlin International as a state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany.
- Berlin International University of Applied Sciences scholarships provide a 25% tuition fee reduction. A scholarship is awarded for a full academic year, which includes the autumn and spring semesters.
- The German Council of Science and Humanities has recognised Berlin International, making it the 31st private higher education institution to meet the requirements of Germany's most important science policy advisory organization.
- In terms of intercultural and interdisciplinary teaching and applied research, Berlin International strives to be one of Germany's premier private institutions.
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
Established in 2014
Established in 2014
The Berlin International University of Applied Sciences (BAU IB or BAU International Berlin – University of Applied Sciences) is a private, non-profit university in Berlin, Germany. The university established itself in 2014 as a stand-alone Fachhochschule. Under German legislation, it is designated as Berlin's 31st private university.
Berlin International is divided into five academic units: two faculties, a preparatory school, a research institution, and a library, all of which are housed on the Charlottenburg campus. It is a multicultural educational atmosphere in which students are given the means to further their intellectual development, experiences, and creativity. At the moment, Berlin International is home to 535 students from 92 nations.
Top Reasons to Study in the Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
Admissions at The Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
How to Apply at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences International students can submit their application on the university website.
Applicants must follow the following steps in order to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's website
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Apply and pay the application fee
Note: The Berlin International University of Applied Sciences application fee is: 250 EUR (20,156 INR)
Documents Required to Apply to Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
- Official High School Transcripts
- Evidence of financial support
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of reference
Exams Accepted By the University
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, before beginning the application process, candidates should carefully review the course requirements.
Minimum Score Required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
% of international students in the university
The Berlin International University of Applied Sciences has a large alumni network worldwide, with many well-known figures in numerous sectors.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The university itself does not provide any transportation services, However the most affordable and easiest way to reach the university is by using public transportation, such as buses, cabs or taxis.
Services offered by the university
- New classrooms, computer labs, design studios, and a group work room have been added to the campus. Whiteboards and projects, as well as sound equipment and internet connection, are available in every classroom.
- A Cisco Systems video conferencing system with many cameras is installed in the Event & Video Conference Hall. The conference hall is used to connect to other BAU Global Network campuses for collaborative education.
- The Faculty of Architecture and Design and the Faculty of Business Administration at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences provide a variety of Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes for students from Germany, Europe, and around the world.
The Berlin International campus is housed in the Salzufer 6 commercial building complex. It's in Charlottenburg, which shares a boundary with Tiergarten.
- Students can get involved in student organizations, societies, and sports clubs, and enjoy the lively campus atmosphere.
- In order to excel in their careers, students can take advantage of information services, group workshops, and individual counseling.
On campus accomodation
The university does not offer an on-campus accommodation facility, but the students have a variety of off-campus accommodation options.
- Studentenwerk Berlin (the state-run non-profit organization that oversees student affairs in Germany) manages most of the off-campus housing.
- Each hall is near one or more of the city's universities
- Student residence halls and apartment complexes are both types of accommodations
- Compared to apartments, residence halls are generally cheaper
University Faculty Stats
There are talented and skilled professors at the university who collaborate with the students to help them achieve excellence. 84% of the professors have worked outside Germany, so they are experienced in providing a multicultural learning environment to their students.
Research opportunities at university
One of Berlin International - University of Applied Sciences' distinctive qualities is the formation of a research institution, which is aimed to assist the university, local and global partners in developing and implementing research programmes and projects.
Students are encouraged to undertake research on a variety of themes and issues relating to their majors.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
- JobTeaser has partnered with Berlin International University of Applied Sciences to provide exclusive career services to their students. Throughout your academic career, the BI Career Center powered by JobTeaser will support you and your career choices.
- Various career workshops and career fairs are also organized at the university to assist their students.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
After their graduation, students from the Berlin International University of Applied Sciences can get employed at various top companies. The average annual salary package of a Berlin International University of Applied Sciences graduate starts from 165,409 EUR (13,501,178 INR).
1. What is the Berlin International University of Applied Sciences acceptance rate?
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences has an acceptance rate between 60-70%, making it a fairly selective university in Germany.
2. What are some of the top courses at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences?
Following are some of the popular courses at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences:
- Interior/Architecture Design
- Graphic Design & Visual Communication
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management and Leadership
- International Management & Marketing
- Digital Business & Management
3. What is the Berlin International University of Applied Sciences Tuition Fees ?
Tuition at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences ranges from 7,900 EUR (6,37,357 INR) to 12,000 EUR (9,68,138 INR) per year.
4. Do you have to learn German to apply to Berlin International University of Applied Sciences?
At Berlin International, all courses are taught in English. As a result, candidates just need to show confirmation of English competency; they do not need to know German. Berlin International provides a Proficiency Examination if the candidate's first language is not English and they do not hold a certificate.
5. Which students are eligible to apply for a Berlin International University of Applied Sciences scholarship ?
As soon as they begin their studies, students at Berlin International have the option of applying for financial aid. This support is also available to students who have lived in Germany for a number of years.