Wright State University (Wright State) is a public research university in Fairborn, Ohio, United States. Named in honor of aviation pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright, who were residents of nearby Dayton, Ohio, Wright State was founded in 1967 as a regional campus of Miami University and Ohio State University. It became an independent institution in 1967.
Wright State has a total undergraduate enrollment of 15,000+ students and offers more than 295 degree programs at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels. The university is made up of eight colleges, three schools, and a branch campus in Celina, Ohio.
What is the acceptance rate of Wright State University?
Wright State University acceptance rate is 96%, making it less competitive to get into.
Wright State is a Carnegie-classified research university, and its faculty and students conduct research in many fields, including engineering, aerospace, business, education, and health sciences. Wright State is also a member of the Ohio Transfer Assurance Program (OTAP), which makes it easy for students to transfer credits from other Ohio colleges and universities.
Wright State University tuition fees for international students are affordable and accessible. The university offers some financial aid options, including scholarships, grants, and loans. Wright State is a vibrant and diverse community, offering some student clubs and organizations, as well as various athletic and recreational opportunities. Wright State University QS Ranking in 2024 is 1151.
Several reasons add to the popularity of international students' demand to study at Wright State University. Here are some of the top reasons:
- Academic excellence: Wright State University is a public research university with a strong academic reputation. It is ranked among "R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity" by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Wide range of programs: Wright State offers over 300 degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including several nationally ranked programs. The university is home to the College of Aeronautics and Engineering, the College of Education and Human Services, and the College of Nursing.
- Affordable tuition: Wright State University has one of the most affordable tuition rates among public universities in Ohio. The university also offers various financial aid options to help students pay for their education.
- Diverse student body: Wright State has a diverse student body, with students from all over the United States and the world. The university is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students.
- Vibrant campus life: Wright State University has a vibrant campus life with some student organizations, clubs, and activities to choose from. The university also has a strong athletics program, with teams competing in NCAA Division I.
These reasons are just a glimpse of what you will learn and explore at Wright State University. To know more, click here.