- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire offers more than 80 majors and minors to select from which offers a wide possibility to choose from.
- For freshmen, the average scholarship value is USD 6,262 (4.8 lakh INR). Approximately 52% of new students receive financial help in some form.
- Their study abroad programme allows students to study in over 50 different countries. One out of every five Blugolds goes overseas, ranking UW-Eau Claire 29th in the US for the number of students who spend a semester or longer studying abroad.
University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Wisconsin, United States
Established in 1916
Established in 1916
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
In Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the Institution of Wisconsin–Eau Claire is a public university. It is part of the University of Wisconsin System and provides undergraduate and graduate degrees. There are 28 notable buildings on the 333-acre site (135 hectares). Environmental study is conducted on an additional 168 acres (68 hectares) of wooded land. The Chippewa River runs through UWEC.
The university is a member of Division III of the NCAA and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). Blu the Blugold is the mascot of the student body.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Cost of Studying at University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
More rankings for this university
Here are the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire World Rankings from different organizations for 2022:
Regional Universities Midwest
Admissions at The University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
$25 - $56
How to Apply at University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for various graduate and undergraduate programmes:
Step 1: Students must first visit the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire's 'how to apply' page and select the 'Undergraduate'/ ‘Graduate’ option. They must now hit the 'Apply' button to continue with their application.
Step 2: If they have already registered on the portal, they can log in with their username and password to continue their application.
Step 3: To complete the registration procedure, students who have not yet registered must select their gender and submit their name and surname.
Step 4: Select Non-US/ International from the drop-down menu and click the 'Next' button to proceed.
Step 5: Candidates must submit their address, phone number, and email address to complete the registration process.
Step 6: Applicants must establish a password and answer a series of security questions in order to recover their password in the event that they forget or lose it.
Step 7: International students seeking admission to the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire must receive a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (Form I-20) in order to enter and/or reside in the United States as an F-1 student. Before the institution can release the documents needed to secure a visa, the US government requires all overseas candidates to show proof of their capacity to pay tuition and living expenses.
Note: Application fee: 25 USD (1,942 INR) for Undergraduate, 56 USD (4,350 INR) for Postgraduate.
Deadline for applications:
- For Fall intake, the deadline for applications to schools is June 1, 2022.
- For Spring intake, the deadline is November 1, 2022.
Documents Required to Apply to University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Transcripts and full academic certificate
- English language proficiency
- scholarly references
- Statement of Purpose
- A photocopy of your passport page
- Specific course prerequisites
- Tests of English Language Proficiency
- I-20 Application
- Bank statement
Exams Accepted By the University
To be eligible for UG and PG programmes, Indian students must satisfy the following criteria:
Minimum Expected Score
MBA (Master of Business Administration
overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75; GMAT score of 475
Masters of Science in Nursing
a GPA of 3.0 or higher,
Master of Education in Professional Development
a minimum 3.00 GPA,
Master of Science in Data Science
A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
SAT Score : 1040 - 1250
ACT Score : 22 - 27
Check out the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire English Language Requirements mentioned below:
Postgraduate - 7.0
Postgraduate - 79
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Students are instantly members of the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association, which has a membership of over 93,000 people and is expanding. You have access to advantages and opportunities through your Alumni Association that will help you enhance your career, broaden your knowledge, and expand your network.
The Alumni Association is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning, delivering excellent services and activities, and developing initiatives that enrich the UW-Eau Claire experience, whether you reside halfway around the world or right here in Eau Claire. Some of the alumni are Reid Anderson, bassist for the Bad Plus,Michael Andrew, singer and bandleader, Chris Bates, bassist, S. Carey, percussionist, James Anderson, expert on biomaterials and Michael Bicay, Director of Science at NASA Ames Research Center.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Local bus service is provided by UW-Eau Claire in collaboration with Eau Claire Transit and is funded by student segregated fees. Travel to the upper campus Bollinger Fields and Imperial Circle Apartments region or the Water Street neighborhood via two bus routes in collaboration with Eau Claire City Transit. Simply display your Blugold ID to get a free trip on the bus.
They also have a longer-distance bus service to get out-of-town students who do not have access to a car home. Passengers get access to all facilities, including free WiFi, electrical outlets, reclining seats, and on-board toilets, as well as a 15% discount on tickets for students.
Other transportation facilities like the Conveyance Van and Badger Bus are detailed at the university’s website.
Services offered by the university
- The Student Office of Sustainability is a Student Senate Commission tasked with allocating the Green Fund in a collaborative manner in order to create UW-Eau Claire a more environmentally friendly campus.
- Dining halls, a movie theater, the student senate office, a coffee shop, library, labs, the student bookshop, and study and socializing facilities can all be found at the Davies Center, which is located in the heart of campus.
- Transportation, energy, waste, climate change, water, food systems, campus ecology, education, and outreach are all areas where the SOS finances initiatives, programmes, and events.
- The W. L. Zorn Arena, Hobbs Ice Center, McPhee Center, Olson Addition, Bollinger Fields, and Carson Park are all sports facilities.
- At UW-Eau Claire, there are over 220 student organizations. Some, like the Philosophy Club and Aspiring Educators, are strongly related to a major.
On campus accomodation
Aspenson Mogensen, Bridgman, Chancellors, Haymarket Landing, Horan, Karlgaard Towers, Katharine Thomas, Murray, and Oak Ridge are just a few of the resident halls available at UW-Eau Claire.
There are many resident halls in the university’s upper campus that includes Bridgman Hall, Chancellors Hall, Governors Hall, Horan Hall, Murray Hall and many more. The campus provides Blugold Dining Facility where students are given wide ranging options to choose their meal plan.
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:23
University Faculty Stats
At the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the student-to-faculty ratio is 21:1, and 27 percent of classes have less than 20 pupils. The average freshman retention rate is 82 percent, which is a good sign of student happiness.
Research opportunities at university
- The Office of Institutional Research offers information, analysis, and services that develop and support effective and informed decision-making, policy formulation, and planning at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- The partnership between UW-Eau Claire and Mayo Clinic Health System is the third of its type in the United States, allowing students, teachers, and staff to share new ideas and find answers to real-world challenges. This relationship provides new internship and research possibilities for both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as enabling physicians and scientists to initiate research initiatives that would not otherwise be possible.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire has built strong relationships with the business and industry community, not only locally but also nationally and internationally in some cases. Throughout the year, students can search for job postings and internships on the online Handshake portal. It is a unique resource that provides postings by employers who are seeking Blugolds to fill their positions.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Current students at UW-Eau Claire can take regional placement examinations in Math, English, and World Languages on paper (French, German and Spanish). Current students can register for on-campus in-person testing using the Navigate app. After six years of graduation, a student from University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire earns about 38,400 USD (2,983,795 INR) per year. After ten years, graduates earn 47,900 USD (3,721,973 INR) per year.
1. What are the courses offered at University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire?
Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Health Professions and Related Programs; Education; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Psychology; Parks, Recreation, Leisure, Fitness, and Kinesiology; Social Sciences; Visual and Performing Arts; and Public Administration and Social Service Professions are among the most popular University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire courses.
2. Is the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire fees affordable for international students?
Nonresident tuition and fees at UW-Eau Claire are expected to be 17,150.00 USD (1,332,624 INR) for the 2021-22 academic year. A Return to Wisconsin student would pay 13,500.00 USD (1,049,004 INR) in tuition and fees after the 25% tuition reduction. A Wisconsin citizen spends 8,875.00 USD (689,623 INR) in tuition and fees in 2021-22.
3. Is University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire an excellent place to study engineering?
University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire offers specialty labs, workshops, and facilities, as well as flexible study alternatives and programs developed with your employability in mind.
4. What is the minimum University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire GPA requirement?
Admission requires a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. This GPA is the minimal requirement for admission and does not guarantee acceptance.
5. Is it hard to get into the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire?
The overall acceptance rate at University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire is 86%.