- Students at the University of Delaware benefit from a challenging academic environment and more than 400 student groups to choose from.
- It has been placed 29th on Forbes' ranking of the best public universities in the US.
- Since its foundation in 1921, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education has continually recognized the University of Delaware.
- The University of Delaware's acceptance rate is 66%.
University of Delaware
Delaware, United States
Established in 1743
Established in 1743
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 1210+ similar aspirants!
Make your applications costless!
At just $5, get application fee cashback for 5 partner universities and Yocket’s complete assistance!
*Applicable for certain courses only. If application fee waiver is not available for your course preference, Yocket will provide $100 grant upon enrollment at University of Delaware.
The University of Delaware, a public university that was established all the way back in 1743. The University of Delaware (UD) is the biggest university in the state of Delaware. There are possibilities to make a difference in the world in our campus laboratories and classrooms or via internship and study abroad programs that are offered in locations all over the world. The University of Delaware is rated highly nationally, and its faculty members have won several awards. The institution's academic programs may be broken down into one of seven distinct schools. On the Best Universities Abroad list, the University of Delaware comes in at position number 134.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Delaware
Cost of Studying at University of Delaware
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Delaware
US World and News Report
More rankings for this university
The University of Delaware ranks among United States’ top universities and is known for its offering quality education and amazing job opportunities. Following are its global and national rankings:
- As per the QS World University Rankings 2023, the University of Delaware ranks #581-590 among the other 1,500 global institutions. Further, these universities are from Europe, Asia, and North America. These rankings are based on academic reputation, international student enrollment, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, international research network, international faculty ratio, etc.
- As per the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022, the University of Delaware ranks #62. This ranking is based on various criteria like international research work, international research network, etc.
- The University of Bonn QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022 is #131-140. This ranking demonstrates the university’s ability to produce graduates with the 'soft skills’ required for the modern workplace.
- As per QS US universities ranking 2021, the University of Delaware ranks #95.
- According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the University of Delaware's ranking is #351-400 among the other 1,799 global universities. This ranking is done under 104 regions and countries. Further, this ranking is based on four primary areas—Teaching, Research, Knowledge Transfer, and International Outlook.
- As per the Times Higher Education US College rankings 2022, the University of Delaware ranking is #152.
- As per the Shanghai Rankings in the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities, the University of Delaware holds the #201-300 rank.
- University of Delaware world ranked is #352 in Best Global Universities.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the National Universities ranking of the University of Delaware is #89.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the Best Colleges for Veterans ranking of the University of Delaware is #56.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the Best Value Schools ranking of the University of Delaware is #135.
- As per the US News 2022-2023, the Top Performers on Social Mobility ranking of the University of Delaware is #418.
Admissions at The University of Delaware
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at University of Delaware
Admission to the University of Delaware is more competitive than average, with just 63 percent of applicants being accepted. A score between 1170 and 1340 SAT or a score between 25 and 30 ACT is obligatory for entry to University of Delaware for around half of all candidates. At the University of Delaware, the application process must be completed by the 15th of January to avoid a late charge, and the application price is USD 75 (5875 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to University of Delaware
- High School Certificate
- Letter Of Recommendation
- SAT/ACT Scores
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores
- Financial Stability Proof
- Pay the University of Delaware's application fees
Exams Accepted By the University
IELTS & TOEFL
IELTS & TOEFL
IELTS & TOEFL
IELTS & TOEFL
GRE, GMAT, IELTS & TOEFL
IELTS & TOEFL
GRE, GMAT, IELTS & TOEFL
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
a month ago
1. University of Delaware
2. Umass Dartmouth
for MS in Data Science, Spring 2023
Please suggest me which university to finalize? #mas... Show more
3 months ago
4 months ago
4 months ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
It is possible to go to the University of Delaware in a number of different ways. The use of private automobiles offers the greatest degree of adaptability. if you are an international student and you go to Philadelphia International Airport by plane. There are seven different transportation options available to bring you from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to University of Delaware. These options include using the bus, rail, taxi, automobile, or towncar. Students who have registered at the university may also take use of the transportation facilities provided by the institution.
Services offered by the university
The University of Delaware campus may be found in Newark, Delaware, in the greater Philadelphia area. It is composed of four distinct regions: the Main campuses, the Laird campuses, the South campuses, and the Delaware Technology Park.
Participation in any of the University of Delaware's 36 club sports, 21 NCAA Division teams, or any of the university's 34 intramural sports leagues is an integral component of the student experience. Students in Delaware give it a rating of 8.7 out of 10. In addition to the many student groups, clubs, and sports teams from which to select, the library at the University of Delaware has close to three million volumes that cover all of the subject areas and kinds of study material that are necessary for University of Delaware classes.
The students enrolling in University of Delaware get various opportunities and facilities like multicultural and action programs, advisory, advocacy, decision making, financial aid, foreign student services, library facilities, health insurance, health education, placement opportunities etc.The University of Delaware's cost pf living is quite ecxpensive. Through its knowledgeable staff, outstanding service, innovative learning spaces, and access to a wide variety of collections and information resources, the Library encourages the intellectual, academic, and creative accomplishments of the University and communities worldwide.The University of Delaware's fee is around $25,000. The University community may use the technological services offered by Information Technologies (IT).
University Faculty:Student Ratio12:1
University Faculty Stats
The University of Delaware has a student-faculty ratio of 12:1
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
UD is a school that is privately run but receives funding from the state. It provides a wide variety of degree options. More than 17,000 students are enrolled as undergraduates, more than 3,600 students are enrolled as graduate students, and approximately 800 students are enrolled in professional and continuing studies. These students come from all across the nation and the world. The University of Delaware is making strides in cutting-edge research that aims to improve people's lives by, among other things, deciphering riddles, finding solutions to problems, and developing innovative technology. The University of Delaware features a brilliant faculty, skilled staff, and exceptional student body, all of which modern facilities support. Be a part of it and investigate the most recent developments in science, engineering, business, the arts, and the humanities.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
UD is the ideal environment for one's personal and professional development, given its emphasis on research and its presence on a worldwide scale. The students reading in UD get various internship opportunities with different companies and also to work in the local companies. The career placement cells help them to get internship opportunities to a certain extent.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The University of Delaware reports that its graduates have an employment rate of sixty percent after receiving their bachelor's degrees. The employment rate for those who have earned a master's degree is seventy percent. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Red Clay Consolidated School districts, Christina School districts and other similar organizations are among the most sought-after employers for graduates of the University of Delaware.
The annual salary package is between 60,000 USD (47 lakhs INR)-126,000 USD (1 Crore INR).
1. What is the university's minimal GPA requirement?
Applicants at UD must have excelled academically in high school in order to be considered. There was a 3.5 average GPA among the freshmen class at the University of Delaware's campus, implying that most B+ students were approved and finally enrolled.
2. University of Delaware's admissions process: How tough is it to get in?
At the University of Delaware, 63% of applicants are accepted, making it a fairly selective institution.
3. How long does it take the University of Delaware to respond?
All documents must be submitted by the end of these months in order for applicants to hear back from the admissions office.
4. Do you think that the University of Delaware is worth your time and money?
To put it simply, Delaware is now rated #93 among all colleges and universities in America. According to generally acknowledged criteria, schools are rated according to their performance in a variety of categories.
5. What is the focus of the University of Delaware?
Excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and service are top priorities at the University of Delaware. As a world-class research university founded in 1743 as a private academy, the university has evolved into a research powerhouse.