- The University has a global network among Fortune 100 companies.
- Northeastern University has been ranked in the top two research criterion universities in the United States for its advanced career-based approach.
- Northeastern University, Charlotte students can gain practical experience through career-related experiential learning opportunities.
- The institution has online programs and various executive learning courses for working professionals.
North Carolina, United States
Established in 2011
Established in 2011
Northeastern University, Charlotte is a non-profit research-based university. Founded in 1891 as an evening school, the University has grown to be a hub of research-based programs and certifications.
The University is a top-tier educational institution with New England Association of School and College's accreditation and some special agencies for professional courses. Most students are enrolled in research-based programs and benefit from various resourceful partnerships worldwide.
The students benefit from various business and analytics, government and civic engagement, healthcare, science, technology, and engineering research programs.
Top Reasons to Study in the Northeastern University-Charlotte
Cost of Studying at Northeastern University-Charlotte
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Northeastern University-Charlotte
More rankings for this university
According to various publications, Northeastern University World Ranking is-
- Ranked 49th among the best national universities in the US.
- Ranked 70th among all US universities.
- Ranked 104th among the most innovative schools globally.
Admissions at The Northeastern University-Charlotte
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at Northeastern University-Charlotte
- Fill out the online application
- Submit academic transcripts
- Submit the essays
- Submit the test results
- Keep tracking the online status of the application
Documents Required to Apply to Northeastern University-Charlotte
- Academic Transcripts
- Test results
- Two essays on the application itself
- Work Experience
- Two Letters of recommendation
- One Academic Recommendation
- Certifications as per program requirements
Exams Accepted By the University
There are no admission fees for the students. For graduate programs, Northeastern University does not require GMAT or GRE scores from the students.
The University takes no additional admission fee from the students. For graduate programs, the University does not require GMAT or GRE scores from students. The institution also offers multiple start terms, i.e., fall and spring intakes for various courses.
English Proficiency Tests
Northeastern University Charlotte International students who do not have English as their first language must provide the scores for English proficiency tests. Following are the minimum requirements.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
Total International Students in the university
Whether a student is one of recent Charlotte graduates or new to Northeastern University, Charlotte, the University has connections to the ever-growing Northeastern network, extending to more than 255,000 alumni worldwide.
Alumni in Charlotte and the surrounding areas are encouraged to join the Charlotte Alumni Chapter and connect with colleagues at our campus, centrally located at the intersection of Trade and Tryon Streets in Uptown.
The University hosts monthly events to connect current and future students with alumni.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Northeastern University Charlotte is an easily accessible university. The University does not have its transportation services as the city has a well-established rail and bus network, which is readily available for the students.
The CATs bus connects most of the town with the University and runs on about 75 routes. The blue line rails are closer to the University y, a 9.6-mile line from the city center to the southern part of Mecklenburg County, running every 10 minutes in peak periods at 15 stations.
Services offered by the university
- The University has a well-equipped library that is accessible to the students. It has 900,000 print volumes, 206,500 e-books, and 70,225 electronic journals.
- The University has its set of campus advisors. They help the students with their career-related advisory.
- The institution has writing centers for native and international students who need expert assistance or guidance in languages and literature-related writings.
- The campus has established a disability resource center for disabled students.
- Students can benefit from the federation for financial aid and get some help with financial services and scholarships.
- The Community Service Center is established for students to cater to the needs of society and be connected to the community.
- The campus has many sororities and fraternities within itself.
- The University has various clubs and organizations to cater to the students' hobby learning and co-curricular development.
- The NU Charlette students can also benefit from the Social Justice Resource Centre and the student body.
- The center for intercultural engagement in the University keeps on organizing many cultural events for students throughout the year.
On campus accomodation
No, on-campus housing options are unavailable to Northeastern University Charlotte students. The University offers a wide range of housing resources to guide national and international students.
Generally, the students have the option to choose between
- Shared Dorm Rooms
- Rented Private Rooms
These options are available to the students through various housing checklists provided by the University. Students can choose and contact the owners directly.
Moreover, the University also provides packing and moving services as per their relocation guide. The institution also assists the students with rent insurance and roommate selection.
University Faculty Stats
80% of the faculty are working professionals having significant exposure to the practical working environment. The student-to-faculty ratio of Northeastern University Charlotte is 19:1.
Research opportunities at university
Northeastern University at Charlotte has around 30 research centers based inside the campus for students. The University is known worldwide for its research and innovative capabilities. Moreover, the University has partnered with around 3000+ global change-makers to establish an appropriate research-based environment for the students.
The campus of Northeastern University at Charlotte has eight research institutes ranking in different fields of research and development. As an R1 institute, the University research centers come under the country's top 10 research institutes.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The University has a wide range of partnerships globally. The institution actively provides the students with ample opportunities to work as an intern at various global companies.
The University encourages students to take relevant internships and incorporate those internships into the work-study culture.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The data shows that 80% of the graduates get employed within the first six months of graduation, and more than 18% of the students took higher studies.
93% of the enrolled students took co-op courses, thus, resulting in full-time employment after completing the studies. Top companies among which the students are placed are
- Dunkin Brands
- Procter and Gamble
- Lego, and much more.
1. What is the acceptance rate of Northeastern University Charlotte?
20% is the Northeastern University Charlotte acceptance rate.
2. Northeastern University has how many campuses?
Northeastern University has only nine campuses in Boston, Charlotte, London (New College of Humanities), San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto, Vancouver, and Portland.
3. Does Northeastern University, Charlotte, allow a work-studying pattern?
Yes, students are permitted 20 hours/week with a valid study permit.
4. What are the most renowned courses of Northeastern University, Charlotte?
The most renowned courses of the University are MBA and management-related courses.
5. What are the average Northeastern University Charlotte GPA requirements for admission?
The average GPA requirement for prospective students is 4.0 or above.