- Nanyang Technological University is a research-intensive establishment identified globally for its impactful research, schooling, invention, and innovation. It has solidities in many areas shaping the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- NTU has had AACSB accreditation for both business and accounting since 2005. AACSB accreditation is the epitome of excellence in management schooling.
- The NTU Smart Campus is a breathing test bed for Singapore’s Smart Nation ambition and a model of sustainable living.
Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Technological University
Established in 1991
Established in 1991
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is research and technology-intensive university. It welcomes over 30,000 undergraduates and graduates annually, out of which nearly 45% of students are international students.
NTU offers two types of programs: Coursework and Research.
- Courses offered to include the streams related to Arts, Design and Media, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Electronic Engineering.
- Research area includes Physical Science, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Biological Science, and humanities.
NTU has a Smart Campus and stands among the world’s top 15 most beautiful university campuses. The University focuses on Holistic Education and teaches the students with desired attributes of interdisciplinary learning, experiential and collaborative learning, and Cognitive Agility while giving the students global exposure.
Top Reasons to Study in the Nanyang Technological University
Cost of Studying at Nanyang Technological University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Nanyang Technological University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
According to various publications, Nanyang Technological University World Ranking is-
- According to the QS ranking, the University ranks in the top 701-750.
- According to the United States Report, the University stands at 33 among the best global universities.
- Under the Center for World University Rankings, the University stands at 670.
Admissions at The Nanyang Technological University
SGD 21 - SGD 100
How to Apply at Nanyang Technological University
- Make your profile with a username and a password.
- Submit the admission fee.
- Fill out the form with personal and professional detail.
- Submit the required documents.
Documents Required to Apply to Nanyang Technological University
- Official academic transcripts
- Scores of exams to study in Singapore
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio or writing sample
- Letter of Recommendations
Exams Accepted By the University
Depending on the course, the University charges SGD 20-25 the course as admission fees. The following are the Nanyang Technological University admission requirements:
Composite score of 30 in writing
English Proficiency Requirements
Nanyang Technological University international students must submit English Language Proficiency Scores to be admitted. Following are the minimum requirements.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Nanyang Technological University has its internal shuttle services, which commutes around the campus. The university provides no transportation services for outside campus requirements.
For off-campus traveling, the University has a shuttle service called Campus Rider that commutes on and off from the MRT Station. The Campus Rider becomes Campus Weekend Rider which has wide routes around the city for students to travel hassle-free.
Services offered by the university
- NTU delivers a wide range of school timetables across colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Graduate College, Autonomous Institutes, and many more.
- The university library provides teachings in information literacy, analysis skills, copyright awareness, and other services to sustain education.
- Information & Media Literacy (IML) e-learning courses are available to all undergraduate students on NTULearn.
- Ingrain LibGuides are provided to all students on various topics for any course.
- Students can order book/audio-visual materials for Course Reserves at any time.
- Students can link directly to library e-resources (e.g., persistent links to journal articles) in NTULearn or other portals.
- The University is a technologically developed campus that provides students with an edge.
- The University has a Student leadership development program to help students teach the core values of leadership and growth.
- Nanyang Technological University has various clubs, societies, and unions in all areas of co-curricular activities.
- The students also have the option to opt for working inside the campus while pursuing their education at the University.
- The University has a Varsity Sport Organization, representing the University in various national and state-level competitions.
- NTU has an exclusive community service program, which aligns the students with being grounded and well-connected to their roots.
On campus accomodation
On campus accommodation is available for students studying at the Nanyang Technological University.
On Campus Accommodation Description
- NTU offers accommodation facilities for undergraduates and graduate students across its 24 halls at the Yunnan Garden campus.
- Around 758 rooms are for international students studying in Singapore.
- Housing cost for a single room or a twin-sharing room ranges from SGD 265–605 (Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 34,000)
- Around 24 halls are available for undergraduate students, including Saraca Hall, Banyan Hall, Crescent Hall, and Tamarind Hall.
- On-campus graduate accommodation is open at Graduate Hall 2. Full-time graduate students and researchers are given priority when applying for graduate housing. Nanyang Technological University Graduate Students are allowed to stay on-campus for a maximum period of one academic year.
On Campus Accommodation Facilities & amenities provided
- Halls are co-ed by floor or wing and offer single and double occupancy rooms; all the rooms are fully furnished.
- Every hall has communal lounges, reading rooms, pantries, and laundry rooms with washing machines and dryers.
- A variety of housing types consist of apartment blocks, maisonettes, and semi-detached houses. Units have either 2 or 3 bedrooms. Floor areas range from 59 to 200 sqm.
- SBS IT Services provides computing services and support for the School’s academic and research activities.
University Faculty Stats
Currently, the University has around 4000 faculty members. Student to faculty ratio is 18:1.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
Research is considered to be an integral part of education at NTU. It has a vibrant research culture. The research opportunities at the University have resulted in many world-first inventions. NTU has formed an advisory panel of several Nobel laureates that continue to contribute and excel at the highest level through its Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS).
Thus, all the NTU national and international students have access to various international research opportunities.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
NTU does not have traditional placement cell services. However, the University arranges job fairs. The NTU Career & Attachment Office (CAO) and a Graduate Studies Career Development office (GSCDO) help students receive career coaching, industry-specific consultations, mentorships, networking, etc.
The students are encouraged to take up internships and part-time work scheme opportunities with the help of the University.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
93% is the graduate placement rate at NTU. Along with that, the University arranges various job fairs. The Graduate Studies Career Development Office and Career and Attachment Office provide the students with career coaching, employer engagement specialist, industry-specific consultations, mentorships, etc.
1. What is the acceptance rate at Nanyang Technological University?
36% is the acceptance rate at Nanyang Technological University.
2. Does Nanyang Technological University allow off-campus accommodation?
Yes, the University allows off-campus accommodation. Students can choose from the various options while renting a room or an apartment from the available options.
3. What is the average tuition fee at Nanyang Technological University?
The average tuition fee at Nanyang Technological University ranges from 31,000 – to 32,900 SGD (Rs. 17,50,000 to Rs. 18,50,000).
4. Is TOEFL/IELTS/SAT necessary?
These exams are not necessary for every course, but each course has its requirement that can be consulted on the official website.
5. How many intakes are there at NTU?
There is only one intake per year in July.