- This university obtains more than 100 million USD in research funding annually because of its well-regarded comprehensive and excellent research programs.
- Graduate students are qualified for positions as teaching and research assistants.
- The different employment that is offered on campus can also assist students in managing their finances.
- MSU upholds and surpasses a number of accrediting standards that were created to guarantee top-notch educational standards. The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities has accredited Montana State University.
- Montana State University scholarships are also available for deserving students in the form of aid and grants.
Montana State University at Bozeman
Montana, United States
Established in 1893
Established in 1893
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 230+ similar aspirants!
Apply with Yocket @ ₹999
Access Yocket’s finest partner universities and enrol for our stellar courses with a one-stop process for application submission.
The Montana State University, also known as MSU is a public land-grant research university located in Bozeman, Montana. It is the biggest university in the region. Through its nine colleges, MSU provides baccalaureate degrees in 60 subjects, master's degrees in 68 fields, and doctorate degrees in 35 fields. Montana State University has more than 16,700 students.
Montana State University Courses are offered in fields such as architecture, arts, business, cultures, humanities, and health. The university's 1,170-acre campus, which is situated on the south side of Bozeman, is the biggest in the state.
Top Reasons to Study in the Montana State University at Bozeman
Cost of Studying at Montana State University at Bozeman
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Montana State University at Bozeman
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
Admissions at The Montana State University at Bozeman
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$38 - $100
How to Apply at Montana State University at Bozeman
Montana State University International students can submit an online application form on the university website.
To get started with the Montana State University admission process, Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's website
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Pay the application fee
Note: The Montana State University application fee is 30 USD (2,397 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to Montana State University at Bozeman
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Two original passport photos
- Statement of Purpose
- Finacial Support Documents
Exams Accepted By the University
Montana State University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course prerequisites before beginning the application process.
SAT: 1120.0 & Above, IELTS: 6.0 & Above, TOEFL: 71.0 & Above
IELTS: 6.5-7.0, TOEFL: 80.0-90.0, GRE: 296.0 & Above
B.E. / B.Tech
SAT: 1540.0, IELTS: 6.0, TOEFL: 71.0 & Above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Sachchidanand Soaham Gupta
Ajay Kumar Reddy Pisati
The alumni network at Montana State University is extensive. Some of the names of the notable alumni of Montana State University are:
- Sarah Vowell - Writer, Journalist, and Voice Actor
- Lawrence VanDyke - United States Circuit Judge
- Joseph P. Monaghan - United States Representative from Montana
- Peter Liversidge - Artist
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
- The HRDC's Streamline program offers fares-free bus transportation in Bozeman. Taxis, the bus, carpooling, and driving yourself are all safe ways to get to campus.
Services offered by the university
The Montana State University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favorable to learning.
- The Montana State University Flagship Campus is large and has several features that are geared toward students.
- A stadium, parking lots, and dining halls are a few of these amenities.
- The campus offers a wide variety of social spaces, large study areas, an auditorium, contemporary classrooms, cutting-edge laboratories, and IT capabilities.
- For their research, students can use a variety of academic publications and resources from the library services.
The Museum of the Rockies, KGLT radio, and KUSM television are all located on the university's main campus in Bozeman.
- The university provides a sports and fitness center that promotes students' physical health and personal growth.
- Students can take advantage of amenities offered by this center, including massages, outdoor activities, sports clubs, and group exercise.
- At Montana State University, students can participate in a variety of cultural events. They can also join a variety of student organizations based on their interests.
On campus accomodation
The university offers students economical on-campus housing. The premise behind University Student Housing is that residence halls are very different from "dorms."
- Eleven residence halls with a variety of living options are offered by the university.
- Coed, all-male, and all-female residence hall options are available. For non-traditional students, options exist.
- In order to get to know other students in a comfortable, safe, and convenient setting during their first term at MSU, students are encouraged to live in a residence hall.
University Faculty:Student Ratio17:1
University Faculty Stats
The Montana State University has over 890 Faculty Members. The student-faculty-ratio 18:1. The School has talented and skilled professors who collaborate with students to help them achieve excellence.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
Montana State University is one of the top public research universities in the country and is well known for its research excellence. Most of the research funding at MSU comes from the National Institutes of Health, Departments of Energy, Defense, and Agriculture, as well as private sources. Top research departments at MSU include chemistry and biochemistry, transportation, immunology, physics, and land resources and environmental sciences. Significant discoveries made as a result of MSU research are altering the course of history. More than 250 active technical licences are held by Montana State University. In addition, MSU discoveries have received 91 patents, 36 plant variety certifications, and numerous other patent applications are still pending.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The student career centre at Montana State University helps students find internships and create career goals based on their education and skill sets. It also offers advice on a range of on- and off-campus activities, potential career routes, and occupations associated to specific majors.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The university also touts a 94% success rate in finding employment. Graduates at MSU make an average base salary of 70,000 USD (55,89,941 INR) per year. After graduation, Montana State University students are placed at various reputed organizations and receive good salary packages.
1. Does Montana State University offer online courses?
Yes, MSUN provides a wide range of programmes online as well.
2. What English proficiency levels are acknowledged by Montana State University?
Only the TOEFL iBT and TOEFL PBT are accepted at Montana State University.
3. What is the Montana State University acceptance rate?
The Gunma University acceptance rate is 100% and has a competitive admission process.
4. Does Montana State University provide possibilities for work-study?
Yes, MSU offers work-study programmes so that students can work part-time and attend school at the same time.
5. What is the minimum GPA required to study at Montana State University?
The minimum Montana State University GPA requirement is 2.5 GPA in order to get admission.