- A large number of industry professionals attend University Guest Lectures, practical workshops, and interactive sessions. Students also get the opportunity to tour renowned organizations and obtain industry exposure, as well as serve as interns and learn about fieldwork.
- Their courses have performed admirably in the league standings. In the Complete University Guide 2022, their Criminology and Criminal Justice programme was ranked first in the UK for student satisfaction and second in the UK for teaching in the National Student Survey 2021. In this year's National Student Survey, their Adult Nursing degree was named first in the UK for overall student satisfaction.
Wrexham Glyndwr University
Wales, United Kingdom
Established in 1887
Established in 1887
Wrexham Glyndwr University, located in Wrexham, Northop, and St Asaph, is a public research university in Wales. It provides professional training as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. It was given full university status in 2008 after being a member of the University of Wales since 2004.
It was previously known as the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education (NEWI). The institution is named after Owain Glyndwr, a medieval Welsh prince who proposed the formation of universities across Wales in the early 15th century. On its Plas Coch site, the university's School of Creative Arts maintains the Wall Recording Studio, which was once home to the Calon FM community radio station.
Top Reasons to Study in the Wrexham Glyndwr University
Cost of Studying in Wrexham Glyndwr University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
More rankings for this university
Here are the Wrexham Glyndwr University World Rankings from different organizations for 2022:
University Ranking (UK) by The Complete University Guide 2022
University Rankings by The Guardian 2022
How to Apply at Wrexham Glyndwr University
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for various programmes using the UCAS portal:
Step 1: Students must first visit the Wrexham Glyndwr University's 'how to apply' page. Students must then go to the UCAS website and select the 'Undergraduate'/ ‘Graduate’ option. They must now hit the 'Apply' button to continue with their application.
Step 2: If they have already registered on the portal, they can log in with their username and password to continue their application.
Step 3: To complete the registration procedure, students who have not yet registered must select their gender and submit their name and surname.
Step 4: Select Non-UK/International from the drop-down menu and click the 'Next' button to proceed.
Step 5: Candidates must submit their address, phone number, and email address to complete the registration process.
Step 6: Applicants must establish a password and answer a series of security questions in order to recover their password in the event that they forget or lose it.
Step 7: The username will display on the UCAS portal; students should remember it because they will need it when checking in.
Step 8: Students may now log in with their username and password and complete the application before submitting it. They may now track their application using the UCAS track feature.
Step 9: Send proof of completed qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly specifying your full name, the degree you have applied for, and your UCAS PID or Glyndwr Student ID.
The UCAS application costs 22 GBP ( 2131.39 INR)
Deadline for applications:
- For September intake, the deadline for applications to schools is Friday 22nd July 2022.
- For June MBA intake, the deadline is Friday 29th April 2022.
Documents Required to Apply to Wrexham Glyndwr University
- Transcripts and full academic certificate
- English language proficiency
- scholarly references
- Statement of Purpose
- a photocopy of your passport page
- Specific course prerequisites
- Tests of English Language Proficiency
Exams Accepted By the University
To be eligible for UG and PG programmes, Indian students must satisfy the following criteria:
Minimum Expected Score
Undergraduate programmes (year 1)
Standard XII - a minimum of 65 percent from all state boards.
A minimum of 60% on the State Board of Technical Education's diploma (including MEng).
At least 28 points on the International Baccalaureate Diploma
English language requirements PG programmes (year 0 &1)
60% (depending on the state board from which the student has got the high school or equivalent certificate )
PG & Master’s programmes (Computer Engineering)
Direct Masters - Overall 60% in bachelor level or equivalent course (4 year UG)
Pre Masters (4 year UG)- 55 %
PG & Master’s programmes (Business)
Direct Masters - Overall 55% in bachelor level or equivalent course (4 year)
Pre Masters - 50 %
PG & Master’s programmes (All programmes after 3 year UG)
Direct Masters - Overall 60% in bachelor level or equivalent course
Pre Masters - 55 %
English language requirements PG programmes
70% in Class 12 or 70% in both Class 11 and 12 provided that the overall percentage in Class 12 is at least 65%
English Proficiency Requirement
Check out the Wrexham Glyndwr University English Language Requirements mentioned below
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Taught) - 6.0 (with no individual skill score below 5.5)
Postgraduate (Research) - 6.5 (with no individual skill score below 6.0)
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Taught) - 54 (with no less than 51 for individual skill scores)
Postgraduate (Research) - 62 (with no less than 51 for individual skill scores)
Language Cert International ESOL SELT B2
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Taught) - Pass Overall with a Pass in Each Component
Postgraduate (Research) - High Pass Overall with a Pass in Each Component
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Taught) - Minimum Overall: 79
With no individual test score below:
Postgraduate (Research) - Minimum Overall: 89
With no individual test score below:
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Andrew Gwynne (famous politician), Stuart Webber (sporting director), Andy Sturgeon (author, journalist, broadcaster, and garden designer), Jack Sargeant (political), and Max Sarin are among the university's noteworthy graduates (Artist).
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Wrexham Glyndwr University has campuses at Wrexham, Northop, and St Asaph, all in North Wales. All are easily accessible by car or public transportation from the M53/A55. Their main Plas Coch campus is on Mold Road, just outside of Wrexham town center (postcode LL11 2AW). They’re conveniently located near Wrexham bus station, which is about a 10-minute walk away. Some bus lines stop just in front of campus. Wrexham General is the nearest train station, which is a short walk from the main campus.
Their Northop campus (postcode CH7 6AA) is located in rural Flintshire and is accessible via the A55/B5126. Flint, which is around ten minutes away by vehicle, is the nearest train station to our Northop campus. For the St Asaph campus, Take exit 26 off the A55 for St Asaph Business Park (Parc Busnes Llanelwy). Take the third exit at the first roundabout. On your left is Wrexham Glyndwr University - St Asaph. (LL17 0JD postcode). Rhyl is the nearest train station, which is around 10 minutes away. There are regular direct high-speed trains from here to London Euston, which take only 212 hours.
Services offered by the university
- Hundreds of thousands of periodicals, electronic resources, and books are housed in the Edward Llwyd Center library, which also has lots of quiet study and group work places. Computer suites are readily situated around campus, and specialized laboratories for computers, engineering, and art & design students are available.
- The majority of their student support services are also located in the Edward Llwyd Center. The Students' Union provides assistance and access to several of the university's social amenities, including Glyn's, the student bar.
- Our Veterinary Nursing students may obtain valuable clinical experience in their Northop campus's Veterinary Nursing clinical suite, which will help them prepare for their future employment.
- The BHS Approved Equine Unit and Exam Center at Northop offers a variety of great facilities for practical sessions and events to students. An indoor arena with a viewing gallery (50x30), a floodlit outdoor arena (60x40), stabling, paddocks, and two cross country courses are among the excellent purpose-built facilities on the site. On the grounds of the college, there are also hacking facilities.
The Wrexham Glyndwr University has three campuses, with the Wrexham facility being the largest.
- Belinda Carlisle, Alexander O'Neal, and Boyzlife are among the frequent performers at William Aston Hall, which also hosts big-name comedians such as Dave Gorman, Jason Byrne, and Rhod Gilbert.
- Our international student community gathers in their sophisticated Language Centre. We provide intense and pre-sessional English language lessons for non-native speakers looking to increase their fluency, as well as a Summer School programme to help overseas students prepare for university studies before beginning their degree programme in September.
On campus accomodation
Wrexham Village is a purpose-built on-campus residence for students at Wrexham Glyndwr University. Choose from 321 individual en-suite guest rooms in Wrexham Village, including single en-suite and single+ en-suite rooms (slightly larger room includes a 4ft bed - subject to availability).
Wrexham Village is available to new and returning students (UK/EU/International), across all levels of study (undergraduate/postgraduate). Students are provided with a kitchen in their housing where they can cook whatever they want.
Photos and Videos
University Faculty Stats
In 2019/20, the institution had 6,045 students enrolled within various programs. The university has a student female to male ratio of 60: 40 as of present survey while the student to faculty ratio is around 18.8. This ensures that faculty can pay attention to each student’s progress keenly. There are a total of 3168 FTE students currently enrolled within the university.
Research opportunities at university
- The University supports the Concordat to assist the career development of researchers, and we engage with other universities on researcher support and training. The HR Excellence in Research Award is presently held by the University.
- Throughout the year, they provide a number of professorial lectures and research seminars that are frequently available to the public. Wrexham Glyndwr University is a signatory to the Concordat for Research Integrity, and they publish a research integrity report every year.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
WGUconnect, their online career assistance portal, can help you locate full-time and part-time jobs, as well as graduate positions when the time comes. The Student Ambassador programme also provides temporary positions on campus.
If you're under 25, studying full-time, and having trouble finding or identifying appropriate work experience, call 01978-293240 or contact email@example.com to see if you're qualified for the GO Wales Achieve Through Work Experience Program. Traveling to work experience opportunities, childcare, paid employment placements, and one-on-one support are all accessible.
You may earn experience by being a Student Ambassador and sharing your unique viewpoint with the next generation of students, encouraging them to study and live here and have similar experiences.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Students must locate and arrange an appropriate placement opportunity. This might be done on your own, in partnership with a University staff member, or through the University Careers Centre.
A placement proposal must be written by the student from the beginning, and it must include information such as who the placement provider will be, the placement's main goals and objectives, working arrangements, a contact at the provider, and health and safety-related paperwork. Before the placement may begin, the University must approve the student proposals.
The strong relationships with local businesses and organizations, as well as the practical opportunities provided by university’s courses, all contribute to Wrexham Glyndwr University's excellent employability record. And their support doesn't end when you finish your course; their Careers and Employability Service is available to assist graduates regardless of when they completed their studies. Graduates of Glyndwr University with a Bachelor of Science degree earn an average salary of GBP 37,634 (3,657,410 INR).
1. What are the courses offered at Wrexham Glyndwr University?
Wrexham Glyndwr University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in animal science, Art & design, Built environment, Business, Computing, Criminology & policing, Education, Engineering, Health & wellbeing, Humanities, Media, Nursing & allied health, Preparing for study, Psychology & counseling and Science.
2. Is the Wrexham Glyndwr University fees affordable for international students?
Wrexham Glyndwr University is an excellent option for international students because Wrexham Glyndwr University tuition fees range from GBP 11,750 ( 11.1 lakh INR) per year for undergraduate students, to fees starting GBP 12,500 (11.8 lakh INR) for graduate courses. Apart from that, the university offers several scholarships to students up to GBP 2000 (1.9 lakh INR).
3. Is Wrexham Glyndwr University an excellent place to study engineering?
Wrexham Glyndwr University offers specialty labs, workshops, and facilities, as well as flexible study alternatives and programs developed with your employability in mind.
4. Is Wrexham Glyndwr University hard to get into?
Wrexham Glyndwr University is one of the top universities in England with a semi-competitive selection. Wrexham Glyndwr University Acceptance rate is 47% which makes it a good choice for international students.
5. What is Glyndwr University known for?
The North Wales School of Art and Design at Wrexham Glyndŵr University was named as the best place to study Art in Wales in the Guardian University League Tables 2017 and also ranked 12th out of all UK universities.