- Students at the University can apply for Gdansk University of Technology scholarships such as a maintenance scholarship, a disability scholarship, a rector's scholarship, or a hardship scholarship. The scholarships will cover over 1000 PLN (17,087 INR) to 2062 PLN (35,233 INR), depending on various factors.
- Gdansk Tech is the first and only Polish UniversityUniversity to join the CDIO Initiative, which was established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. CDIO's mission is to educate engineers so that they can "Conceive, Design, Implement, and Operate" pro-industrial technological systems.
Gdańsk University of Technology
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Gdansk University of Technology (GUT) is a state university with complete autonomy established in 1904. It is a technical university in Gdask's Wrzeszcz borough and one of Poland's oldest universities. The UniversityUniversity offers Gdansk University of Technology Courses in Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral studies in various fields of science and technology through nine faculties. Gdansk University of Technology International Students makes up 722 of the 13,874 students who attend the College.
Top Reasons to Study in the Gdańsk University of Technology
MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications
Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics
MSc in Mechanical Engineering - International Design Engineer
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Cost of Studying at Gdańsk University of Technology
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Admissions at The Gdańsk University of Technology
$85 - $150
How to Apply at Gdańsk University of Technology
- To apply for Gdansk University of Technology admission, go to the Common Application or the Coalition Application
- Complete all the necessary requirements for the program you want to apply to
- Review your application, then upload the required documents
- Submit your application before the deadline
Note: There is no Gdansk University of Technology application fee.
Documents Required to Apply to Gdańsk University of Technology
- Health and Life Insurance
- Supervisor Agreement Form (PhD)
- Student visa & passport
- Research proposal outline (PhD)
- Proof of fee payment
- English Proficiency Scores
- Motivation Letter
- Letters of recommendation
- Declaration for financial support
Exams Accepted By the University
Gdansk University of Technology's requirements for international students are different for different courses. As a result, applicants should carefully check the course prerequisites before beginning their application.
IELTS: 6 & Above
TOEFL:72.0 & Above
IELTS: 6 & Above
TOEFL: 72.0 & Above
English Proficiency Requirements
International applicants must provide documents of English language proficiency for admission to the University'sUniversity's undergraduate or graduate programmes.
Minimum Score Requirement
6 minimum and above
75 minimum and above
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Gdańsk University of Technology
QS World University Rankings
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Over 45,000 Gdansk University of Technology alumni reside all across the globe. Krzysztof Klenczon, Michał Kalecki, Andrzej Gwiazda, Sylwester Kaliski, Janusz Śniadek, Krystyna Chojnowska-Liskiewicz, Abraham Esau and Włodzimierz Julian Korab-Karpowicz. are a few famous alumni of the University.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
- Buses and trams (Gdansk), trolleybuses (Gdynia), and the Fast Urban Railway provide public transportation in the Tricity (SKM - the whole Tricity).
- Gdansk Airport is the nearest (GDN).
Services offered by the university
- The Main Campus is located in the heart of old Wrzeszcz, a district well connected to the rest of Gdansk. Narutowicza Street is the address of the campus.
- The university has many buildings built in various architectural styles over the last century.
- The main building was constructed between 1900 and 1904, along with the Electro-Technical Institute, Machine Laboratory, and Chemical Institute.
- The Institute of Electrical and Control Engineering is divided into four distinct areas and spaces linked by a corridor: workshops and laboratories with a small auditorium hall, a machine hall (Drive Hall), an auditorium hall and laboratories, and the drafting hall with additional rooms.
- The BioTechMed Center, the EcoTech Center, the Advanced Materials Center, and the Digital Technologies Center are four Priority Research Centers at the UniversityUniversity that are currently dynamically developing.
- The University'sUniversity's most recent accomplishments include the development of devices such as Cyber-eye, MEDEYE, Pathmon, Medicine for osteoporosis, Electronic nose, and Auditory-Visual Attention Simulator.
- There is a Nanotechnology Centre on campus with 25 laboratories outfitted with devices for testing the atomic level.
- Sustainable energy research centres include the LINTE2 Laboratory of Innovative Electrical Power Technologies and The Integration of Renewable Energy Sources.
- A Maths and Distance Learning Centre on campus uses modern ICT technologies and tools for mathematical modelling and data visualization.
- The Gdansk University of Technology Library is Northern Poland's oldest and largest technical library. It can boast a unique collection of priceless manuscripts and old prints from the Danzig Research Society, founded in 1743, among the world's libraries.
- Athletic facilities on the main campus include a full-size football pitch, 64m x 105m; a sports hall, a volleyball pitch, outdoor tennis courts; a fitness gym, bodybuilding gyms, a rowing gym, and a judo gym.
- Aside from gaining knowledge and studying for their dream jobs, students at Gdansk Tech can participate in various student activities that will aid development and growth.
On campus accomodation
The University offers students the option of living off-campus.
- The Gdansk University of Technology has a modern student housing estate that houses over 2,500 students in 11 dormitories in three attractive city locations.
- The Gdansk University of Technology has twelve dorms spread across three housing estates- DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS12 - Traugutt's estate; DS5, DS6, DS7, DS8, DS9, DS10 - Wyspiański housing estate and DS11 - Brzezno.
- Non-resident full-time students receive priority placement in student halls of residence.
- The average rent for housing at the UniversityUniversity is 350-550 PLN (5,980 to 9,397 INR)
Jobs and Opportunities