- UT Dallas is a top research university. Shanghai Rankings for the University of Texas Dallas world ranking is #301-400 among the other universities.
- UT Dallas is a research-intensive university in the United States. According to its Carnegie classification (2013), more than half of its budget goes toward supporting faculty members specialising in research disciplines, such as science, engineering, technology development, computer sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and business sectors like marketing management, etc.
- The University of Texas at Dallas fee is less than $38,970/ INR 31,86,986.
- The University of Texas at Dallas/ UTD acceptance rate is 79.4%.
University of Texas at Dallas
University of Texas at Dallas
Texas, United States
Established in 1969
Established in 1969
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 14800+ similar aspirants!
The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) is a Tier 1 public research university established in 1960. In the same year, Eugene McDermott, Erik Jonsson, and Cecil Green saw promising young Texans leaving the state to pursue education while their company, Texas Instruments, recruited out-of-state talent to work at their Dallas-based headquarters. Hoping to create better higher-education study opportunities in North Texas, the trio established the “Graduate Research Center of the Southwest”, later converted to the University of Texas at Dallas.
Despite being relatively ‘young’, UTD has already made a name for itself and is considered one of the finest universities for engineering and management. UT Dallas is located in one of the nation’s fastest-growing metropolitan regions. Its seven schools offer more than 140 undergraduate and graduate programs, professional certificates and fast-track programs.
UT Dallas ranks #521-530 in the QS World University Rankings 2023 and #350-400 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It ranks #349 according to U.S. News 'Best Global Universities Ranking' list. The low fees, excellent research facilities, and exciting job prospects make it an ideal destination for Indians.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Texas at Dallas
Cost of Studying at University of Texas at Dallas
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Texas at Dallas
US World and News Report
More rankings for this university
More Rankings for this University
- As per the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022, the University of Texas at Dallas rankings is #151-200.
- As per the QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022, the University of Texas at Dallas rankings is #301-500.
- As per the QS Top Universities Ranking in US 2021, the University of Texas at Dallas ranking is #83.
- As per the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022, the University of Texas Dallas ranking is #301-400.
- As per the Times Higher Education US College Rankings 2022, the University of Texas Dallas ranking is #323.
Admissions at The University of Texas at Dallas
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$50 - $250
How to Apply at University of Texas at Dallas
The steps for the University of Texas at Dallas admissions are as follows:
- Register for an account on ApplyTexas or Common Application.
- Submit your SAT/ACT scores as per course requirements.
- Complete the online application form with your personal and academic. Information, including uploading relevant documents such as transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Submit your “Official Transcripts” electronically or your official sealed high school transcript(s).
- Make the application fee payment of $50 (INR 4,089) or submit a fee waiver.
- Submit an application fee payment via credit card or check (depending on your country).
- Wait for 4-6 months to render the admissions decision.
Documents Required to Apply to University of Texas at Dallas
Even if not required, the students must submit the additional documents like:
- Personal Information: CV and accomplishments/ work experience
- Academic Information: official transcripts from every University or college attended, including all post-secondary institutions attended
- Language ProficiencyScores: official TOEFL/ IELTS score report
- Financial Information: List banks and/or financial institutions you have accounts with to show proof of funds for tuition, books, and living expenses for the entire program period
- Official AP Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation (LORs)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Exams Accepted By the University
For Master (MS/ MBA/ PGDM/ MA/ MIM)
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent, TOEFL – 80-100 SCORE, IELTS - 6.5 + SCORE, GMAT /GRE – 295 + SCORE
For B.E. / B. Tech /B.Sc
IELTS 6.5 & above, TOEFL – 80-100 SCORE, SAT - ACCEPTED
IELTS 6.5 & above, TOEFL – 80-100 SCORE, SAT - ACCEPTED
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
4 hours ago
a day ago
3 days ago
4 days ago
4 days ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Texas University Dallas address is located in the city of Dallas, meaning there are many ways to get there. You can take public transportation, or you can get a taxi. If you would rather drive your own car, that's fine too! Buses run from the airport to the University, and parking on the University of Texas at Dallas campus is for those who choose this option. Let’s explore the transportation services available on-campus in detail:
- Parking Services: The parking services at Texas University Dallas includes parking map, accessible parking spaces, accessible parking permit, visitor parking passes, pay-by-space parking, special event parking, etc.
- Comet Cruiser Service: These services include neighbourhood bus service, comer cruiser route map, advertising opportunities, etc.
- Bicycles, Skate, Rollerblade, and Skateboard
- Comet Cab: This includes Campus shuttle service, comet cab map route, special event shuttles, accessible cart service, etc.
Services offered by the university
The Texas University Dallas library provides access to over 2.6 million digital and print materials. It also offers various Research and Training services to support faculty, staff, and students in their work and academic projects. The University is partnered with U.T. Southwestern Medical Center for medical care services.
For career-related internships and job opportunities, the University has partnerships with companies across Texas and worldwide, such as Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase, etc.
The University of Texas at Dallas offers a wide range of student clubs and organisations for its students to engage in different activities, promote leadership skills, and meet new people. These clubs and organisations include dance and cheerleading, sports, music and arts, etc. The University of Texas at Dallas address is 800 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080, USA. The University of Texas at Dallas's cost of living is around $20,000.
Students can also take part in service opportunities organised by the university. The university also offers sports facilities for its students to engage in sports. These sports include basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.
On campus accomodation
UT Dallas has a total of 6 hostels, one for male students and another for female students. The University also has on-campus accommodations for both graduate and undergraduate students. For example, the Graduate School of Management has an on-campus residence hall accommodating at least 250 students each academic year (2005–2006). The accommodation fee might range from 7000 USD to 8000 USD (5,72,463 INR - 6,54,244 INR).
The University of Texas at Dallas provides on-campus accommodations to both men and women. Three types of accommodations are available for undergraduate students: single, double, and triple rooms. The accommodation university of texas Dallas fees for international students for each type of room can be found on the website or by contacting Residence Life Office directly.
The type of housing at UT Dallas include:
- First-year Housing: First-year students graduate high school at UT Dallas in May or June before their first fall semester. The students who choose to live on campus will be assigned to live in University Commons.
- Gender Inclusive Housing: University Housing at Dallas welcomes students of all gender identities/ expressions and is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive community for all residents.
- Family Housing: These facilities are limited to UT Dallas students with spouses and children. They are usually assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Summer Guest Housing: Residential Camps and Conference Services at UT Dallas offers a house at summer camps, conferences, corporate interns, and non-UTD student summer researchers.
- Off-Campus Housing: The Dallas Off-Campus Housing database is provided as a service to “The University of Texas at Dallas” community and for informational purposes only.
University Faculty:Student Ratio24:1
University Faculty Stats
- There are 595 tenured professors, 1,015 full-time non-tenured professors, 148 part-time non-tenured professors, and 170 non-tenured track professors at UT Dallas.
- The University of Texas at Dallas has an impressive student-to-faculty ratio of 23:1.
- Four-year graduation rate: 58% (#3 in Texas among public universities)
- Six-year graduation rate: 73%
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
The University of Texas at Dallas has a strong research culture reflected in the number of research opportunities available to students. A student can get involved with research at the University through the Office of Undergraduate Research, the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, the Office of Research and Innovation, and a student’s major department. There are more than 100 different centres, labs, and facilities for students to explore, including:
- Center for Advanced Pain Studies
- Callier Center for Communication Disorders
- Center for BrainHealth
- Center for Children and Families
- Center for Vital Longevity
- Institute for Urban Policy Research
- Texas Schools Project, etc.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The University of Texas at Dallas offers numerous internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. These internships provide students with real-world experience in their fields of study and help them acquire skills for their future careers.
The University's main research areas include advanced materials sciences, artificial intelligence and robotics, cybersecurity, data science, and others. The other type of internships are:
- On-campus Internships
- International Internships
- UTD Intern of the Year Award
- External Programs
- C.O.E.M.E.T Trek opportunities
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The University of Texas Dallas provides various career opportunities to the students through University Career Center (UCC). It has a one-stop shop dedicated to helping undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni with career preparation. From personalised career advising to career fairs and everything in between, UT Dallas exists to help get students started in their careers.
Students can partner with UCC to explore majors and careers, identify experiential learning opportunities, prepare resumes/cover letters, and practice interviewing skills. A few salary-related facts stated about UT Dallas by emolument are
- The highest-paid University of Texas at Dallas alumni and graduates include Financial Services professionals at an annual average salary of ₹11,318,000.
- The lowest-paid University of Texas at Dallas alumni and graduates include Consulting, Accounting, and Professional Services professionals at an average annual salary of ₹5,542,000.
- The best-paying degree at the University of Texas at Dallas is MBA, with alumni earning an average annual salary of ₹11,318,000.
- Graduates from the University of Texas at Dallas who earn the least salaries are those with a Masters in Science course degree, earning an average annual salary of ₹6,791,000.
1 What is the University of Texas at Dallas ranking as per US News?
The University is ranked 349th in the U.S. News Best Global Universities Ranking.
2 What is the average salary of the students studying at the University?
The average salary for a graduate of this school is ₹84,30,000, which is above average for Texas and even higher than some other states like New York.
3 What is the University of Texas at Dallas Undergrad GPA?
The Undergrad GPA is 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
4 What are the eligibility criteria for the University of Texas at Dallas?
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and should have completed their 10th or 12th grade.
5 How many scholarships does the University of Texas at Dallas offer?
The University offers around 37 million USD (2,936,523,500 INR ) in merit-based financial aid each year. About 11 million USD (873,020,500 INR ) is awarded to undergraduate students.