- Milan University is a leading school in scientific research and development.
- The University of Milan belongs to the League of European Research Universities.
- The University is home to one of the largest libraries in Italy.
- University of Milan is a multidisciplinary university offering courses in 10 study areas, 130 bachelors, masters and single cycle masters degree programs
- The University has a strong clinical and research expertise to take the medicine students to the forefront of the medical industry to various hospitals in the region.
- The University has various partnerships with foreign universities to study, embrace research and work on dissertations.
- More than 10% of the student population is international.
University of Milan
University of Milan
Established in 1924
Established in 1924
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
A public institution that was founded in 1924, the university of Milan office studies in peace Academy areas agricultural sciences, exercise and sports sciences, humanities, law, linguistic and cultural mediation sciences, medicine, pharmacy, science and technologies, and many more domains.
Offering more than 65 bachelors programmes and more than 70 Masters programmes, The institution is home to more than 70,000 students annually. The campus that is spread across different parts of the city is home to eat faculties and more than 2000 professors.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Milan
Cost of Studying at University of Milan
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Rankings for The University of Milan
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
The University of Milan is ranked among the top universities for international students in Italy. This university provides quality education and amazing career and learning opportunities. Next are its top international and national rankings by various reputed platforms.
- As per the QS World University Rankings 2023, the University of Milan ranks #324 among the other 1,500 global institutions. Further, these universities are from Europe, Asia, and North America. These rankings are based on academic reputation, international student enrollment, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, international research network, international faculty ratio, etc.
- As per the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022, the University of Milan ranks #159.
- The University of Milan QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2022 is #201-250. This ranking demonstrates the university’s ability to produce graduates with the 'soft skills’ required for the modern workplace.
- As per the Shanghai Rankings in the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities, the University of Limerick holds the #151-200 rank.
- According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the University of Milan ranked #301-350 among the other 1,799 global universities to receive a rank. This ranking is done under 104 regions and countries. Further, this ranking is based on four primary areas—Teaching, Research, Knowledge Transfer, and International Outlook.
- As per the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022, the University of Milan ranks #401-600.
- As per Times Higher Education European Teachings Ranking 2022, the University of Milan ranks #101-125.
- As per the US New Ranking 2022-2023, the University of Milan ranks #156 in the Best Global Universities list.
- As per the US New Ranking 2022-2023, the University of Milan ranks #60 in the Best Global Universities in Europe list.
- As per the US New Ranking 2022-2023, the University of Milan ranks #4 in the Best Global Universities in Italy list.
Admissions at The University of Milan
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at University of Milan
- Register on the college platform
- Fill out the application
- Submit all the relevant documents
- Look for Communication from the university
Documents Required to Apply to University of Milan
- Academic Recommendations
- Personal Academic Essay
- Each College/University Transcripts (translated in Italian)
Exams Accepted By the University
With an acceptance rate of 52%, being one of the most prestigious colleges in Europe, the college is quite selective about the students. Most of the courses need an entrance test, but other than that, there are various common admission eligibility criterias that are necessary for all national and international students.
- 18+ years
- Average 2.75 GPA on a scale of 4
- Italian is not compulsory
English Language Requirements
Various courses are taught in Italian Language and the students who wish to enroll in Italian taught exams need to submit their Italian language proficiency test scores.
CLIQ Quality Certification
B2 of Higher
Universities for Foreigners of Perugia or Siena
Diploma di Lingua e Cultura Italiana
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
M.S in Molecular Biology of Cell
Masters in Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Term 1, 30/06/2023
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The university does not have its own transportation system. The City of Milan is well connected through public transport and various modes are available for the students.
Subway, Suburban Rail, Trams, buses and bikes are some of the ways in which students can travel inside and outside the city. The city council known as ATM offers student cards at 25€ per month. Students can travel for unlimited time with this card.
Additionally the students can use bikes, private cars and taxis to travel throughout the city.
Services offered by the university
- The university provides various counseling services to the students, staff and the faculty members.
- The University also have an assistance for the disabled students
- Students can take advantage of the psychological counseling services available on campus.
- Having a network of 22 libraries, spread around the city of Milan, the Library services of the university contains more than 2 million records, covering old, modern printed and electronic periodicals.
- The university also provides services for specific learning disabilities.
- Milan is the most lively cultural hotspot of Italy.
- Students have read and experienced the age-old Roman Culture while studying in Milan.
- CUS, the inter-university sports association, has various partnerships with local gyms and sports authorities to provide the sporting arrangements to the students at reduced prices.
- Various cultural and political student associations are present on-campus that offer various opportunities to students.
- The College Choir and Orchestra is internationally recognized.
On campus accomodation
The University does provide various accommodation services to full time students on the financial need or the academic merit. Along with the student body, the university provides around 400 beds on variou halls of residences and apartments close to the university buildings.
The university has various accommodation and residence halls for the students.
- Students can reach Bassini Residence through tram 23,33, trolleybus 93, and underground MM2 Lambrate.
- Plinio Residence accommodates around 65 students at any given point of time and students can reach the residence through tram 33, Bus 92, trolleybus 90/91.
- Around 170 students can reside in Ripamoti Residence where students can reach through tram 24 and bus 33.
- Canzio Residences accommodates around 40 students.
- Cascina Codazza accommodates around 48 students.
- Through bus 54, students can reach Martinitt Campus where around 120 students can live at a time.
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:12
University Faculty Stats
University of Milan is home to highly skilled professionals and professors, along with visiting professors, scholars and scientists. With the faculty strength of 2000, the student to faculty ratio is 12:1.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
One of the top institutes in the entire Europe, the University has been playing an important role in the research worldwide. With more than 25,000 publications in the last 3 years, currently there are around 1200 research projects undergoing at the university. Offering 31 doctoral programs, the university remains one of the largest research centers in Europe.
- The university has more than 8000 publications in the year 2021.
- The university has 5500 open access publications in the year 2021.
- The University researches in 31 departments under 62 CRC Research Centers
- The University’s research center if ranked #5 in Italy and #170 globally.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The Career center at the university provides various supporting services to the students. The office assist the students in
- Writing CV
- Job Search Methods
- Advising regarding the Job Offers
- Applying for the positions of interest
The university of Milan has a placement rate of 89% and all recent graduates have an average salary of 65,000€.
Via Festa del Perdono, 7, 20122 Milano MI, Italy