- The Tampere University of Technology is regarded as one of the top institutions for international and domestic students. Some of the most compelling reasons to attend Tampere University of Technology include:
- Tampere University offers students amazing study opportunities, which is why the institution is frequently ranked among the highest in the league.
- Tampere University's academic excellence can be attributed partly to its teaching methodology. During classroom lessons, you engage in group discussions and address issues pertaining to the subject matter with your professor.
- Numerous Tampere University of Technology scholarships are available to deserving students with emphasis on educational achievement and extracurricular activities. The following are some of the Tampere University of Technology scholarships for international students: Finland Scholarship, Early bird offer, Tampere University International Advancement Scholarship and many more.
Tampere University of Technology
Tampere University of Technology
Established in 1965
Established in 1965
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
One of the most interdisciplinary universities in Finland is Tampere University of Technology. The institution, which integrates research and training in technology, health, and society, has every area of study that is globally recognized and represented. The University has a legal mandate to research and deliver the best teaching possible in its discipline. A sizable Nokia research center is part of the Technology Center Hermia, close to the university campus. Only two universities in Finland function as foundations, one of which is TUT.
Several Tampere University of Technology programs are offered in the following disciplines: architecture, automation engineering, biotechnology, civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental and energy technology, industrial engineering and management, information and knowledge management, information technology, materials engineering, fiber and textile engineering, mechanical engineering, science and engineering, mathematical sciences subject teacher education, and analytic geometry.
Top Reasons to Study in the Tampere University of Technology
Cost of Studying at Tampere University of Technology
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Tampere University of Technology
US World and News Report
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Tampere University of Technology
How to Apply at Tampere University of Technology
- Apply through the official university website
- Choose a degree program
- Fill up the personal details
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
Tampere University of Technology Application fee- The Tampere University of Technology administration charges international students a non-refundable application fee of 114 EUR (9,300 INR) once they fill out the application form.
Documents Required to Apply to Tampere University of Technology
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- Personal statement
- SAT or ACT scores
- Resume (Optional)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Standardized test scores - GRE or GMAT (for graduates)
- Average high school GPA of 3.0
- Letter of recommendation from the high school counselor
Exams Accepted By the University
Check out the accurate Tampere University of Technology eligibility requirements:
Minimum scores required
Minimum scores required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
MCA in Screenwriting
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Tampere University of Technology is reachable via many transportation methods, including the bus, train, walking, and renting a motorcycle. The city's public transit system is well-established and efficient.
- Train: The most practical and ecologically sustainable choice to start by taking the train from the station. The trip from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to Tampere takes around two hours, and trains run hourly during the day.
- Taxis and buses: During the day, locate the closest bus route to the city center. According to flight schedules, taxis are available at the airport's taxi stand; a trip into the city center may cost up to 80 EUR (6400 INR).
- Walking: After arriving in Tampere, the Hervanta campus is about 8 km south of the city center, while the Kauppi campus is about 3 km east of the city center. The Tampere University city center campus is located within a short stroll from the train station.
Services offered by the university
- Student healthcare providers provide low-threshold, tailored services to improve students' long-term health.
- General healthcare, dental care, and mental health services are offered.
- SportUni offers professional, flexible sports services for Tampere University students and staff. Three campuses' services are available to you at a reasonable cost.
- Tampere University Library provides library and information services to benefit Tampere's higher education community's faculty, staff, and students. Customers from outside the academic community can also use the library.
- The students exhibit a deep interest in the University's community's activities, a sense of responsibility, a dedication to efficient academic advancement and learning, and peer networking.
- Tampere is a vibrant city with many options for leisure activities, events, live music, and the ability to go around easily on foot or a bike.
- There are two student unions at Tampere Universities: one for those enrolled at Tampere University (TREY) and one for those enrolled at Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMKO).
- Student organizations exist in several fields as well. TREY and TAMKO serve members, safeguard students' interests, and promote a sense of community among students.
On campus accomodation
There are no on-campus dorms or student housing facilities owned by Tampere University. However, students can choose to live on campus or with another resident.
- The Tampere Student Housing Foundation is the primary provider of student housing (TOAS).
- TOAS provides the finest dorm rooms at a cost that is accessible for students, including free internet and other reasonably priced services (car sharing, car park, TOAS gyms).
- There is home availability advertising online, in publications, and through agencies. Because many adverts are in Finnish, finding housing can take some time.
University Faculty Stats
Three thousand international students are among the 30,000 total students enrolled at the Tampere University of Technology. In addition, there are 1250 faculty members at the University. The Tampere University of Technology is attended by specialists, academics, and research scientists worldwide. The Tampere University of Technology has a determined student-to-faculty ratio of 24:1, and 51% of its classrooms have fewer than 20 students. At the Tampere University of Technology, 66% of the full-time undergraduate and graduate students are women, and 34% are men.
Research opportunities at university
The Tampere University of Technology (TUT) conducts research in architecture and technology and offers higher education based on this research. TUT allows its students to pursue a wide, interdisciplinary education. Employers need qualified Masters of Science in Technology and Architecture graduates from TUT and Doctors of Technology and Philosophy.
The University has a long history of conducting engineering and natural scientific research and commercial and industry-related research. The solution to the world's problems lies in technology. Signal processing, optics and photonics, intelligent machines, biomodelling, and the built environment are some of the cutting-edge research areas at the University.
TUT produces information and expertise in the field of research for societal benefit. The University is a highly desired partner for joint research and development initiatives with business and industry and a fertile environment for innovation and new research- and knowledge-based businesses.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
In the JobTeaser service, Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences have their platforms. With just one advertisement, JobTeaser makes hiring students from several colleges feasible. Degree programs highly value internships and associated projects because they help students connect their academic work to the working world.
Internships are required for all degree programs at Tampere University of Applied Sciences, and their status and extent vary by degree program at Tampere University. Before graduating, internships play a significant role in providing a learning experience of working life in one's field. A well-planned internship time is advantageous to the University, the company, and the student.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The Tampere University of Technology has maintained a reputable and well-defined placement rate throughout the years. The combined yearly salary for IT and software development specialists at the Tampere University of Technology is 77,096 EUR (63,50,000 INR).
Tampere University Kalevantie 4 33100 Tampere