- National Taiwan University is among the top universities in its country as well as in Asia. It invites over 5000 overseas students at its campus in every session
- The school provide various department specific National Taiwan University scholarships for international students such as NTU Outstanding International Graduate Student Scholarship with monthly stipend 6,000 TWD (12,000 INR)
National Taiwan University
Established in 1928
Established in 1928
Founded in 1928, National Taiwan University is a leading global university in the list of top 100s, with five campuses and around 30,000 students in Taiwan, China. NTU runs over 10,000 courses including a wide range of fields in the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is Asia's global university providing excellence in learning and research.
As the number #1 university in Taiwan, National Taiwan University has more than 1,300 English-taught courses. NTU courses offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Mathematics, Engineering, Arts and Humanities, Science and Technology and Information Systems.
Top Reasons to Study in the National Taiwan University
Cost of Studying at National Taiwan University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The National Taiwan University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The National Taiwan University
How to Apply at National Taiwan University
- The National Taiwan University application can be filled in on the official website, www.ntu.edu.tw
- Login to online application system
- Fill your information and course details
- Save and send out for nomination.
- Pay application fees
- Wait for results
Note: The National Taiwan University application fee is 2592 TWD (5,584 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to National Taiwan University
National Taiwan University international students require to submit following document during
- Academic Transcript Record
- PhD Programs: a Master’s Degree (At least)
- Master’s Programs: a Bachelor’s degree (At least)
- Undergraduate Programs: a high school diploma((At least)
- Passport Copy
- Residence card
- Application Process receipt
- Visa copy
- Statement of Purpose - motivation for applying and study plan, 1 page in english or chinese language.
- Any entrance exam certificate copy
- International Student Declaration form
Exams Accepted By the University
The National Taiwan University admission process for Chinese courses requires the following certificate level.
Chinese Proficiency Test
TOCFL(Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language)
Band A Level 2
HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test)
English Proficiency Requirements
National Taiwan University courses taught in English require students to show proof of English proficiency as a second language. The following are the tests approved by the university with a minimum eligibility score.
English Proficiency Test
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
National Taiwan University notable alumni includes Executive Yuan (Government Executive, Chen Chien-ju, as well as former government ministers James Soong and Timothy Chen. Famous writers and novelists such as Tsai Chin, Li Ao Liu Ping, and Dai Sijie.
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
a month ago
6 months ago
7 months ago
9 months ago
a year ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
You can reach National Taiwan University through Taoyuan International Airport. NTU central Tapie city and airport distance is 1 hour 30 minutes. Taxi, Bus and metro are available to reach campus. NTU campus is located near Gongguan metro station on the Songshan-Xindian (Green) line.
Services offered by the university
- NTU has separate academic blocks for each department, such as the School of Engineering, the School of Liberal Arts, etc.
- National Taiwan University has dedicated a whole building for its staff and students for dining known as the Sai Fu Building, which has many restaurants, cafes, and food buffets.
- University has 6 major libraries with 2.4 millions books and 24/7 available
- National Taiwan University currently have 16 institutes running under it including D-School, Graduate School of Advanced Technology, Center for Education International College,, School of Professional Education and Continuing Studies)
- It also have three professional degree schools in dentistry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine
- Students have an amazing dining option at the Sai Fu building to enjoy food.
- Universities have 24/7 available study room access for students.
- NTU provides affordable health services to students at the NTU health center and counseling center.
- Arts, sports, social development, academic, entertainment, and community service are among the eight club categories at National Taiwan University. More than100 clubs at University run activities and events for student extracurricular and hobbies apart from academic studies.
On campus accomodation
NTU offers on-campus accommodation for international students.
- On campus accommodation facilities at NTU have three dormitories: International Youth Centre, Prince House and General Dorm.
- Prince house has two sub residence house known as Chang Hsang Dormitory and Shui Yuan Dormitory near campus
- The National Taiwan University fees for dormitories starts from 7,800 TWD (20,786 INR).
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:17
University Faculty Stats
National Taiwan University has 4,500 faculty members and more than 140,000 students. NTU student and Faculty ratio is 30:1.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The NTU Career Center provides students with help with work permits in the country to work legally. NTU works closely with influential businesses and industry. For NTU students, this is a way to apply their excellence to a fruitful internship and gain useful professional experience. National Taiwan University also runs on campus placement events every year for direct internship or job placement opportunities for its students.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
National Taiwan University has 99% graduate employment rate, and an NTU graduate earn an a a minimum average salary 7,76,688 TWD ( 20,75,739 INR) to highest 22,10,602 TWD (59,07,958 INR)
1. What is the accreditation of National Taiwan University?
National Taiwan University is accredited from AACB
2. What is the minimum GPA requirement at NTU?
National Taiwan University GPA requirement is 3.5 to stand chance for admission
3. What are the top courses at National Taiwan University?
National Taiwan University's top courses for international students include business, management, engineering, humanities, social sciences and media studies.
4. What is the average tuition fee at National Taiwan University?
National Taiwan University tuition fees range between 58,000 TWD to 1,68,000 TWD (155020 INR to 4,49,019 INR) for bachelors and master courses.
5. What is national Taiwan University famous for?
National Taiwan University is also famous for its top medical school in Asia.