College application processes can be very confusing. However these simple steps by Yocket can be a handy checklist for the college application process. These cover the basic requirements needed while applying. Some universities or courses may need you to submit additional materials, essays, etc. whereas some may need less than this list. You can check the requirements on the pages of the course.
Before starting the application process, you must thoroughly research the universities and courses that you want to apply to because you will be paying a non-refundable application fee of about AU$100 while applying.
The procedure to get your application ready for Australia is as mentioned below:
- Completed Application form: You have to go to the university website's application portal and apply for your desired course. Please fill this with utmost care and precision as once once you submit it, there’s a high chance you may not be able to make changes. If you are selected, they will give you can offer letter. You may reply to their offer before a deadline.
- Academic Documents: Check if you are eligible for the particular course that you are applying. Almost all Australian universities accept 3-year graduation system for entry. So students who have studied B.Com, BA, etc need not worry. However some courses may require qualification to an Australian Honours Degree or 16 years of formal education. For this you may have to take an extra PG diploma course. The transcripts of the 10th, 12th and bachelor degree documents are to be submitted to the university.
- 3. Check Deadlines: Make sure you know what are the deadlines for each course and apply on time. You can also join groups on Yocket App and be in constant touch with students who have applied to the same or similar universities as you.
- Copy of passport
- Personal statement/CV: It needs to be error free, precise and present you in a bright light. Ideal length is 1 page. In no way should it exceed 2 pages. It is imperative to highlight your research papers, work experience and awards if any. Check out this article for further tips on SOP writing.
- English Language Proficiency Test: TOEFL or IELTS is compulsory for international students from non-English native countries. You need to at least score 6.5 or more. It is better to score above 90 in TOEFL. Be sure to appear for the test at least a month before your application deadline.
- Additional tests and requirements: Majority of the courses do not need an added test unless you are taking a course in medicine, dentistry and at times, engineering. Otherwise GRE is not compulsory. GMAT maybe required for a specific university’s MBA programme.