Masters in Engineering Management (MEM) at University of Texas - Pan American is a professional master’s degree exclusively introduced to bridge the gap between engineering, technology, and management. Popularly known as the “Engineer’s MBA” or “MBA for Engineers”, a Master of Science in Engineering Management at University of Texas - Pan American is an ideal choice among engineering graduates/international students who wish to combine technical skills with business acumen and move to a higher managerial role in technology.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Course Duration||1.5 - 2 years|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 19-60 lakhs per year|
|Average Salary||INR 5,78,903 to 1,53,82,293 annually|
|Top Job Roles||Automation Engineering, Chemical Process Engineer, Client Services Analyst, etc.|
It may seem that this degree from UTPA is only meant for engineers to hone their management skills alone. However, the MS in engineering management program at University of Texas - Pan American guides students with a broader perspective to deal with problems associated with complex and dynamic systems.
This program provides not only in-depth technical and managerial skills but also offers the necessary training to deal with people from different cultures/backgrounds. Therefore, MEM students are viewed by companies as more aware of issues, like social, culture, ethics, environment, etc, than a regular master’s degree holder.
Subjects in MS in Engineering Management
The masters in engineering management subjects at University of Texas - Pan American may change based on the specialisation and course curriculum. However, the exhaustive list includes the following subjects as part of the masters in engineering management syllabus.
- Statistics and Probability
- Applied Machine Learning
- Data Science for Business Intelligence/Data Analysis
- Operations Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Economics & Public Policy/ Managerial Economics
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
- Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Manufacturing Management
- Computer Simulation for Risk
- Technology Management
- International Business Management
- Engineering Systems Simulation
- Design Project Management
Scope of MS in Engineering Management
- An international student can explore various career opportunities after completing their masters in engg management at University of Texas - Pan American, like Chemical Process Engineer, Automation Engineers, Client Services Analysts, Construction Project Managers, Design Engineers, etc.
- The masters in engg management degree from UTPA helps a student train themselves to manage both the work aspect of the staff and the visual resources, by organising them. It provides crucial technical knowledge and communication skills to lead a team.