The process of designing, launching and operating a new business is referred to as Entrepreneurship. It has been described as: the capacity and willingness to develop, organize and manage a business venture along with any of its risks in order to make a profit. An entrepreneurship degree employs concepts from Finance, Management, Marketing and Mathematics. The primary focus of it is to generate maximum profit using as few resources as possible.
An Entrepreneur is a unit which has the ability to find and act upon the opportunities to translate inventions or technology into new products. They’re able to recognize the commercial potential of the invention and organize the capital, talent and other resources that turn an invention into a commercially viable transformation or innovation.
A sample of the Master in Entrepreneurship & Innovation courses:
- Boosting Creativity
- Strategic Management of Innovation
- Entrepreneurship Strategy
Some of the subjects that are covered during a Masters in Entrepreneurship are:
Some of the specialization offered in a Masters in Entrepreneurship program are:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology & Innovation Strategy
- Intellectual Property Strategy
- Venture Implementation
- Strategies & Practices of Family-Controlled Companies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Consulting to Growth Companies
- Venture Capital & Entrepreneurial Management
Examples of Entrepreneurship & Innovation skills :
- Business management skills.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Communication and listening.
- Customer service skills.
- Financial skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
For an Entrepreneurship degree, Business Schools require you to give GMAT, which forms the most important part of your application. Few universities also accept GRE scores in place of GMAT scores. A Masters in Entrepreneurship and Innovation usually requires a minimum 2-3 years of work experience (depending on the program you intend to join). IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring a student visa and as a proof of English proficiency.
- Strathclyde Business School International MBA Scholarships in UK
- Star Education Fund at Monash University Malaysia
- Data Science, Innovation and Entrepreneurship International Scholarship at University of Strathclyde in UK
- Salford Business School Postgraduate International Excellence Scholarship in UK
- Richard Antwi Scholarship at University of Westminster
- MBA international awards at Swansea University in UK
- Curtin University Master of Management funding for International Students in Australia
- Global MBA International Scholarship at De Montfort University, UK
- International Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarship at Schiller International University, USA
- Executive MBA Bucharest Scholarships for International Students at WU Executive Academy, Austria
- International Student Endowment Scholarship at Belmont University, USA
- UBC Kathryn Huget Leadership Award for International Students in Canada, 2021
- Merit awards for International Students at Doshisha University, Japan
- Postgraduate Ghana Scholarship at University of Stirling, UK
Jobs Suitable for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Mid-level management. C-level individuals at large companies develop ideas, while the work is done by the ground force.
- Business consultant.
- Research and development.
- Not-for-profit fundraiser.
- Business reporter or blogger.