- Owing to the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith University also introduced a digital campus to help students worldwide access information and study.
- Griffith University is known to provide global career opportunities for graduates and postgraduates with very high placement rates.
- It offers more than 600 scholarships for its students to study different topics.
- The study options have proven to be very flexible as there new and developing courses that will give students exposure and practical work experience in diverse fields.
- Griffith University also provides extra-curricular activities such as sports and music while commemorating the achievers in different fields.
Griffith University, Brisbane
Established in 1971
Established in 1971
Griffith University is a University for public research situated in South East Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. It was established in the year 1971 but got equipped with fully-fledged courses in the year 1975. With more than 50,000 students across six campuses in Australia, Griffith University has carved a name for itself in the worldwide education sector.
Griffith University Courses include Environmental and Asian Sciences studies that also consist of graduate and post-graduate degrees in fields such as Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and Civil Engineering. Business, criminology, law, architecture, music, language, and humanities are also offered here.
Top Reasons to Study in the Griffith University, Brisbane
Cost of Studying at Griffith University, Brisbane
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Griffith University, Brisbane
More rankings for this university
- Griffith University Ranking, according to Shanghai Ranking, is between 301-400 positions over the last 6 years.
- Times Higher Education Young University Rankings have given the University the 33rd Rank.
- CWTS Leiden Rank for Griffith University is 246.
Admissions at The Griffith University, Brisbane
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at Griffith University, Brisbane
- Students must log on to the official website of Griffith University, https://www.griffith.edu, and click on the 'Apply' tab.
- Select the degree from the available options.
- Run through the fee structure, course details, course duration, and other scholarships before confirming.
- Online applications through QTAC or UAC can be accepted after submitting the relevant documents.
- Wait for the 'Notice to offer' application from the QTAC or UAC to get yourself enrolled.
- Once the offer letter from Griffith University is received, enrollment procedures begin.
Documents Required to Apply to Griffith University, Brisbane
- Academic Statement of Results (preferably translated to English, for International Students)
- Results of the tests mentioned above and exams.
- A scanned copy of the passport, as proof of citizenship.
- Students applying for Visual Arts must submit a portfolio of work as a part of the admission procedure.
- Letters of Recommendation (if any)
Exams Accepted By the University
Griffith University Requirements are as follows:
6.5, Sub-Score - 6.0
PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
9 out of 10!
That’s the number of Premium Yocketers admitted to this University!
Muqsit Mohammed Abdul
Information Systems and Information Technology Management
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Griffith University is known to have over 250,000 alumni who are a part of its thriving alumni community. Some notable alumni are Aaron Bailey, Human Services, Professor Alan Cowman AC, a Malaria Researcher, and Ange Anderson, a metro newsreader.
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
a year ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
2 years ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Griffith University is known to have adopted a sustainable lifestyle by promoting students to walk or cycle. The bike racks that are present here are student-friendly and safe. It is also easily accessible by buses, cars, and trams.
Services offered by the university
- Griffith University's IT and Academic Cell is present to help students communicate with their mentors through telecommunications, emails, and chat rooms.
- Online tools such as journals and E-books are available 24x7 for students.
- The top-class Library has been a source of knowledge for students, as many books and databases in different sections are present here.
- The campus also has mentors to counsel students about their mental well-being.
The Griffith University Campus is spread across three cities and is located on the Gold Coast, South Bank, Nathan, Logan, and Mt. Gravatt. It has proven to be an ideal place for students as it is easily accessible to the city.
- Students at Griffith University are often exposed to tasks that improve their problem-solving abilities. Academically speaking, students get prepared to take up competitive exams.
- Workshops are organized, to help students specialize or improve in a particular field of work.
- Griffith University also has its own Student Advisor who is very approachable in handling issues.
- Private consultation sessions between students and teachers take place.
- Extra-curricular activities are equally important to help students experience Australian culture.
On campus accomodation
Griffith University provides accommodation to its students in the form of Homestays, On-Campus Accommodation, and Off-Campus Accommodation. For students under 18, it redirects them to Welfare Arrangements under the Australian Government.
- 24x7 Monitored and Security-enabled atmosphere.
- It provides the perks of living very close to the University, making it easy to access.
- It is situated very close to many shopping centers and entertainment-based sectors.
- First aid and quick response to pastoral care are the top priority.
- Study-supported area.
University Faculty Stats
Griffith University has nearly 150 academic staff who are certified and trained professionals. It also has 30 Professional Staff along with Adjunct and Emeritus Staff. The Student-Faculty ratio is 25:1.
Research opportunities at university
Griffith University has carved a name for itself in providing research-based opportunities for its students. The environment is crafted to uphold the needs of students to accommodate all their needs. Griffith University is well-connected with over 5000 national partners and more than 200 international research programs.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Griffith University offers students with local internships on the campus premises. After assessing a student's credit scores, opportunities are provided to those who have completed 120 credits in a single degree and 160 credits in a double degree course. Eligible students must apply for the internship placement and work for the needs of the University. Several positions such as Human Resource Intern, Business Culture Intern, and Policy Intern are up for grabs.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Griffith University has equipped its students to adapt to new lifestyle changes to help them attain the best placement offers. The University has various sectors of placements, including Aviation Placements, Engineering Placements, and ICT Placements. Since 2010, the major companies students have been placed at are Queensland Tourism Industry Council, Tennis Queensland, Deloitte, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. The degree currently the best-paying at present has an average salary of $81,000 (64,62,139.50 INR)
1. What is the average Tuition Fee at Griffith University? The average Griffith University Tuition Fee for one academic year is close to 9000 AUD (4,84,688 INR)
2. How are Scholarship Applicants chosen?
The applicants are chosen based on merit or ranking criteria provided by the University.
3. What are the sizes of the beds provided in rooms?
The beds are king-sized.
4. What is the full-time study duration at Griffith University?
The full-time study duration at Griffith University is 40 hours per week.
5. What is the duration of the trimesters?
There are 3 trimesters per academic year with a teaching period of 12 weeks each.